• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro ( BIG-FOOT)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it up to 90 mph today anyway. Leaned it over pretty good on a couple of exits and on ramps too. Still there when i got home.

Dave

Edit: Temps 43 degrees and road for 2 hrs running errands. Yesterday it was 34 while riding. Tomorrow 10" to 15" inches of white crap coming. Fun while it lasted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it up to 90 mph today anyway. Leaned it over pretty good on a couple of exits and on ramps too. Still there when i got home.
Dave

Edit: Temps 43 degrees and road for 2 hrs running errands. Yesterday it was 34 while riding. Tomorrow 10" to 15" inches of white crap coming. Fun while it lasted.
Wonder if it's ZR speed rated... :) We know it can do 90mph...

Dave

See a few posts back. It will do 120 -- at least for a short while.

Thanks Dave for the fast shipping. If anyone has Staintunes these won't fit. There's a welded bracket on the lower side of the pipe that hits where the threaded hole is. I ground within 1/8" of the hole and it still hit. I guess it's back to sacrificing electrical plate covers. Thanks again Dave for a great idea and a top notch job on fabrication!

Brad

BlueFJRider-can you post a pic of what it looks like, when it doesn't fit? I guess I'm kinda wondering how close the kickstand is to contacting the pipe.

If I'm picturing it correctly in my head (crayons and all), then you might be able to use this, if you had additional mounting screw holes farther towards the toe of the kickstand? A picture would show quickly if I'm talking out of the wrong orofice.

Allnight,

The Staintunes have a large welded bracket for the centerstand stop.

4364191530_f3f3a11a01_m.jpg

Brad

Dave

Plus, it's "Da Bomb" for picking up Mountain Lions at the Chandler Senior Center. All Advanced Cougars want to ride with Papa Chuy, now I've Dave's kick stand pad!

Dave

Plus, it's "Da Bomb" for picking up Mountain Lions at the Chandler Senior Center. All Advanced Cougars want to ride with Papa Chuy, now I've Dave's kick stand pad!
Don - define "Advanced Cougars" :unsure: Puhleeze.

Have I mentioned lately that older women now hold a certain je ne sais pas for young(er) guys now ? ;)

Dave

Don - define "Advanced Cougars" :unsure: Puhleeze.

Have I mentioned lately that older women now hold a certain je ne sais pas for young(er) guys now ? ;)
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cougar ME: In Papa Chuy's case, since I'm 61 years old & slow, it'd be a Cougar I can still chase down in the hunt!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...mountain%20lion Normal prey of "El Burrito Ballerina"! I need the WynPro sidestand pad for weight issues with these!

I want to give a shout out to David Wynne for awesome customer service!

After ordering in the early stages of this phenomenon, I sent him an e-mail asking about the status of my order, since a couple of weeks had passed, and others were posting that they'd received the part already.

Delivery confirmation from USPS claimed that they had delivered it, but I suspect that something went wrong in the delivery process, and I never did find it. :angry2:

Without hesitation, David offered to send another one out right away upon USPS's "sorry, not our problem" reply to me.

Stand-up guy, for sure. He even insured the second one for delivery.

Major rep points for you David! :yahoo:

Thanks from a very respectful customer,

Shane

I've been remiss in complementing Dave on his workmanship and Excellent Customer Service. The first side stand pad I received didn't fit well on my bike (too loose) and without heistation, he made me one to a closer tolerance, we exchanged the new for the old and life is good. Thanks again Dave!

Ok, pmt on it's way! Thanks Dave!

This should help me not worry as much about the asphalt parking lots in the summer... :)

Just want to note that the pad worked frakkin awesome the other day when we were buzzing around Napa. No worries on any of the soft shoulders, makes such a huge difference.

:thumbsupsmiley:

Just to post that after 250 miles, despite blue locktite, mine loosened just a tad. I think I'll go to some putty or sumpin to secure it more. Just letting folks know to recheck the fitment after a while.

Just to post that after 250 miles, despite blue locktite, mine loosened just a tad. I think I'll go to some putty or sumpin to secure it more. Just letting folks know to recheck the fitment after a while.
Thanks for the heads up. Blue locktite was all I used too.
blue loctite here as well. I did sandwich a small "shim" in between to get a nice positive clamp on to the kickstand. Mine is tight as can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.