• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro, Ram-Bone Mount, I've got BALLS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fred W: That would be the WynnPro WynPro RamBone © right Dave? (Fixed it)

Paper works in!

Larry: Can the RamBone be installed using nylon hardware so it can break free like the windshield?

Yes it can, but that’s up to you. Personally I wouldn’t. Let’s not forget those two screws secure the front of the gas tank. Ya got a choice, be impaled or go up in flames. :rip_1:

Seriously folks, If the situation is that dire it would be the least of my worries. My frontal appendages wouldn't let me get in between the bars and tank anyway. :drinks: to much of a beer belie to get in the way.

Ooops. Sorry about the spelling error there Dave. And I'm glad to hear that you'll be protecting your IP.

It seems to me that your 5" version is the best received in general. You may want to only offer it in that length just for simplifying things on your end. I can't see how the extra 2" would make much difference in either normal use or evisceration, but the pubic public has spoken!! ;)

I guess you just have to see it to realize that this would be a 99.9% non-issue (5" RamBone). If anybody would like me to take pictures at other/different angle or positions, let me know.

I got my 5 inches in the mail ( that pitch is down the middle of the plate OM or bust)

along with 08FJR4ME's most excellent LED custom Night Rider license frame as explained in this thread (free plug intentionally inserted):

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...=119674&hl=

Outstanding workmanship. The RamBone (insert the little copyright symbol here) is much more compact in real life. I have no reservations about safety with this version. Somebody else may, but I withdraw my concerns expressed earlier in the thread. Beautiful workmanship and light as a feather... :clapping:

The plate was done exactly as I requested in several emails between me and the OP. I have not installed the farkles yet, but the wiring and engraving on the plate, as well as the machining on the RamBone is as fine as any I have seen. :yahoo:

When installed this week, I will post pictures. :)

Dave, Which length did you get? Can you post a pic of the set-up with GPS attached?Tks, Art
This is what I am using at this time.

Clicky post#15

I am currently doing some production work and hope to finish it this week. After that I will start on some more FJR stuff. If I have time I will mount my GPS on the 7 inch mount and take some pic's.

"Back to work"

Dave

Edit: Shiny, Thanks for the Kudo's

Last edited by a moderator:
Just what I have been looking for!!! Great idea!

Sent money thru Paypal today for the 5".

Thanks

:yahoo:

I ordered the 5" model and got it the next day.

It finally warmed up enough to mount it and it was very easy to install.

I have not mounted my Zumo yet but will do that before I go riding in the spring.

Thanks Dave for producing this wonderful piece of hardware.

~Harvey

Received the 5" Rambone today. WOW! Great piece of work. Fast shipping as well.

Thanks Dave for the fantastic craftsmanship and simple design. I can't wait to try it out this season! :yahoo:

Great communication, super fast shipping and a over the top product. Ordered the mount and the kickstand pad. I can't understand how I lived without them. Great job Dave! :yahoo:

Would there be sufficient room to mount a stem nut ram ball as well as the rambone? Or is that likely too much in one spot?

08FJR4ME,

Are there any more of these in stock? I'm interested in getting one. I have a question or two before I send money though.

Question

1. Laguna tank bag comes up several inches up off the tank. Even with the 3" arm, i dont think the Zumo 665 can clear it, do you? I'll take exact measurements later and post them. maybe even make a sketch?... I might be doomed to just using the reservoir mount on the clutch side... =( or...i could just throw away my tank bag... lol. $100 well spent :p

Verranth,

I have a couple of options available for you.

1 ) longer ram-bone, Some feer the extral length, you tell me how long you want it made.

2 ) this option, If it needs to be extended more than what you see let me know.

Currently what I use.

Dave

Would there be sufficient room to mount a stem nut ram ball as well as the rambone? Or is that likely too much in one spot?
There should be room for both styles but it all depends on what you are going to mount on each one.

Dave

Verranth,

1 ) longer ram-bone, Some feer the extral length, you tell me how long you want it made.

Currently what I use.

Dave
Me likey!!! How much for one of these...I didn't see it on your first post.

Corey

Gotta take some measurements but it looks like a 5" may work for me. I'll be in touch.

Verranth,

Currently what I use.

Dave
Me likey!!! How much for one of these...I didn't see it on your first post.

Corey
Price: $75.00 shipped to your door, very rugged design and bolts to the frame using the two front bolts for the tank. Easy installation. All stainless steel hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.