Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not been following this thread because I can't afford another bike right now anyway, so this information may be a mute point. But I see Honda East Toledo is offering a new 2012 Yamaha Super Ténéré in either of the two colors for $12,399.00.

If I could I would like to have one of these also.

C-Mon..... you can participate ALL YOU WANT... even if your not getting one right now.... if you have interest in the bike, come on down and talk about the BEAST !!! :yahoo:

Thanks for the info.. That's a good price.. hope they dont bump it all back up with shipping cost, Etc.. crap.. :lol:

Just this one picture on the front of the VID.. That was funny... Looks like he is bouncing over some crazy big speed bumps... :lol: Great find ! ! ! DON JAUN

The traveling dummy bike* was supposed to be here in town Wednesday. It was snowed in in OKC, and they would let me know of a later date. No word yet...

*No rides, not even a start up to listen. I guess sit on it and make vroom vroom sounds.... :(

I guess I'm one of the few that don't understand the need for this bike. Having over 40 years of dirtbike experience and currently owning an 08 WR450F if I'm not riding pavement I want a bike I can pick up when it gets dropped.

I just don't see the need for anything over a 650cc for adventure riding. I dropped the Yamaha XT660R twice on my adventure ride in Iceland and the bike was just light enough for me to pick it up without giving myself a hernia. I've ridden the Haul Road from Prudhome Bay & the nasty bits of the Denali "Highway" in Alaska and if the weather is bad the risk of slidding out in the slop is significant.

I know with good technique you can pick up a Harley but I would rather have to pick up my WR if required.

My idea of just about the ideal adventure bike is the 690 KTM expect it is painted like a pumpkin.

I guess I'm one of the few that don't understand the need for this bike. Having over 40 years of dirtbike experience and currently owning an 08 WR450F if I'm not riding pavement I want a bike I can pick up when it gets dropped.

I just don't see the need for anything over a 650cc for adventure riding. I dropped the Yamaha XT660R twice on my adventure ride in Iceland and the bike was just light enough for me to pick it up without giving myself a hernia. I've ridden the Haul Road from Prudhome Bay & the nasty bits of the Denali "Highway" in Alaska and if the weather is bad the risk of slidding out in the slop is significant.

I know with good technique you can pick up a Harley but I would rather have to pick up my WR if required.

My idea of just about the ideal adventure bike is the 690 KTM expect it is painted like a pumpkin.
You're probably in the majority Bill...

I'd made up my mind to buy a Triumph Tiger until it was announced the Ten was coming here. I've got a couple of friends that are Yamaha dealers and the closest Triumph dealers are in Tulsa and Little Rock, so it was an easy change of mind for me.

I want a comfortable bike to ride jeep trails 1000 miles from home. (without hauling to get there) My KLR would do, but it just doesn't have the cross country interstate balls I want.

I may regret buying it later, but right now I'm looking forward to it's arrival.

edited a bit after Don's post...

Last edited by a moderator:

You're probably in the majority Bill...

I'd made up my mind to buy a Triumph Tiger until it was announced the Ten was coming here. I've got a couple of friends that are Yamaha dealers and the closest Triumph dealers are in Tulsa and Little Rock, so it was an easy change of mind for me.

I want a comfortable bike to ride jeep trails 1000 miles from home. (without hauling to get there)
Bill, I'm in full agreement with you; and with rushes, too (jeep trails)! For me personally, this is going to be the perfect bike for the shitty roads of Mexico and Guatemala; I'm not kidding myself that the Super Tenere is a real dirt bike.

Tenere will also be perfect for US Forest Service Roads that are scattered all throughout the Western United States: Such as Titus Canyon in Death Valley, front road up to Crown King, AZ and Route 300 on the Mogollon Rim!!!

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the hits last week Exceeded 29,999 and today it is 29,539...

suppose it is in Count Down Mode. What happens when it hits Zero again ?

Could be a Post Explosion...

Pretty easy to pick up.... Everyone likes what they like.. I wanted a touring type bike I could off road.. Should work nice !! :yahoo:

Thanks for covering my action johnny80s, we Italians and Irish have to stick together here Bro!

OFF TOPIC: Say J80's, where's FJRBluesman been lately? I miss my old buddy boy Simon!!!

This is an optical illusion. I bet the tires and bags are filled with helium.

That place looks like a trailer park and I'm willing to bet that guy got that strong from hauling trailers by hand. Maybe I should be eating Wheaties instead of Tim Horton's oatmeal for breakfast.

I want an adventure bike but I don't want to give up any of my current rides and have no place to put it.

This is how my garage looks BEFORE I put the FJR in there.

1014064548_4XJEm-L.jpg

So Bill, where's the snowblower in your garage? I thought it was Regulation from Canadian Government each of you Canuckistani's were required to own one!

Saw the beer can and half eaten donut on top of the tool box; and I think I can see a toque on the gray shelf; Good CA Creds, but where's the snow blower eh?

1014064548_4XJEm-L.jpg

Bill, the solution's obvious here...you need a bigger garage!

You can thank me later... ;)

--G

So Bill, where's the snowblower in your garage? I thought it was Regulation from Canadian Government each of you Canuckistani's were required to own one!

Saw the beer can and half eaten donut on top of the tool box; and I think I can see a toque on the gray shelf; Good CA Creds, but where's the snow blower eh?
Silly Boy, of course I have a snowblower but due to Eintsien's theories on Relativity the snowblower, powerwasher, generator, air compressor, work bench, torches, arc welder, bicycles, motorcycles, tools, lawnmower and other assorted good stuff cannot all occupy the same space on the same time line. I therefore teleport the snowblower over to a friends garage which I help to fill with my excess items (it's good stuff - don't call it junk).

I also must take offense to you libelling me by referring to a half eaten donut. I have completely eaten every donut that has ever been put in front of me.

Bill, the solution's obvious here...you need a bigger garage!

You can thank me later... ;)

--G
I'm in the market for a 2 room house with a four bay garage but they don't seem to make them that way.

Here is an up to date photo of my garage...

1178346184_RBXPC-L.jpg

Missing from the photo is my Trek Project 1 Road Bicycle which is in the shop for its annual major tuneup.