Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing, a UFO Sighting and not even on ST.NHow can I report this, everyone will think I'm nuts and claim the post is a fake.

Hey Skipper :p

Back to Tenere, Yamaha Canada are positive that the 1200 or 660 will not be here in 2010 and clueless if they will be available in 2011.

Chris
I am good friends with our local Yamaha dealer and they also said it was not coming this year or next. :sadsmiley:

For those that haven't yet done their homework, here's a "By-the-Numbers comparo from Hell for Leather Magazine: Giant Adventure Tourer Showdown
Where (in that list) is the 105 HP MotoGuzzi Stelvio? :unsure:
I was asking myself the same question. So far, the 2010 Stelvio is comparing very, very favorably to the benchmark GS in this segment. And it's a damn good looking bike...

As an aside, anyone paying attention to the early reviews on the new Duc MTS 1200..? If not, here's one: MTS 1200 S Early Review

Is the Stelvio heading here, if so how much and when ? If you know.. Thanks
The 2010 Stelvio 1200 ABS is already on dealer floors in the US. $16K + bags. Details: Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 ABS

MCN did a review of this bike recently. I'd say they liked it...

Thank you Mr. Monkey

Going to go read up on it.... looks cool ! Spoke to someone at MCN over the last few days about the Super Tenere 1200.. They will be rideing the bike late April and the report comes out. Also, poeple in Europe are able to order the bike next week on line... and when the bikes hit the dealers there will be a test bike at Euro dealers to ride shortly there after..... 4-6 weeks will start to see some real write ups !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait !!!

Amazing, a UFO Sighting and not even on ST.NHow can I report this, everyone will think I'm nuts and claim the post is a fake.

Back to Tenere, Yamaha Canada are positive that the 1200 or 660 will not be here in 2010 and clueless if they will be available in 2011.

Chris
I am good friends with our local Yamaha dealer and they also said it was not coming this year or next. :sadsmiley:
Ive waisted alot of time with the S10..... :blink: Like you said, as of 2010, NO way..... 2011 :rolleyes: :dribble:

Chris
Ive waisted alot of time with the S10..... :blink: Like you said, as of 2010, NO way..... 2011 :rolleyes: :dribble:

Did everyone see the pricing on the first post ? Might be here next year !

Last edited by a moderator:
Still been reading allot about the new bike.... New rumors...... Mexico is getting a new small cc Adv bike (Hummm) and the 1200 Super Tenere as a 2011

RUMOR: US will have an offer to buy 'order only' as a 2011 in late fall................ ? Who knows... LOL

Chris

Has anyone been keeping up with the travels of the new bike? Check it out here : https://rideforlife.super-tenere.com/

Pretty darn cool !!!!

Still been reading allot about the new bike.... New rumors...... Mexico is getting a new small cc Adv bike (Hummm) and the 1200 Super Tenere as a 2011
RUMOR: US will have an offer to buy 'order only' as a 2011 in late fall................ ? Who knows... LOL

Chris

More rumours....

Was talking with one of our local dealers in Canada earlier in the week... he expects an official announcement from Yamaha in September on the Super Tenere as a 2011 model here, and was pretty sure we'd be getting it.

Griff

The new MultiStrada is an incredible next step in technology, not much more in price, already available, a LOT less weight, fits me beautifully, good wind protection, etc....

The Super-T will have a shaft and will also surely be a hit. If it gets to the US.

Assuming it will, this is going to be a VERY good year!!!

:yahoo:

I little new VID........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXC7X...layer_embedded

As the other gentleman said...... All rumors suggest that Mexico and Canada are going to get it for 2011........ I have a "feeling" we will too.... The first year will probably be order only... Just like the first year FJR....... If so im running down and ordering.... every write up has been A++++++++++ Even from BMW journalist... The over all consent that everyone seems to think its great so far.....

There is already a farkle thread in Europe I was reading... you can add a cheep water proof ON/OFF switch to break the connection to the ABS and turn off the ABS OFF 100% with a five dollar switch.... Then you can use all of Yamaha's trickery when you have the (new) switch turned on........ Pretty cool !

Really looking forward to adding this scooter ! Whoooooo- Hooooooo !

I do like the new Ducati.... Very sweet bike !!! But its still a detuned Ducati race engine... It still requires the normal Ducati servicing... and that's not that cheep... And probably every accessory is going to be more expensive..... Also, if I was in Mexico, I could probably find a Yamaha 'dealer' for parts.......... good luck with a Duc dealer ship.......

IMOP you dont by a Ferrari to drive to Mexico... You buy a great Toyota.... Its not to say the Toyota is cheep, its just a better tool for the job. If someone wants to ride to the coffee shop and show the bling-bling the new Multistrada is the one to have FOR SURE.......

Also the new Ducati will blow the new S10 off the road... Think its got about 40-50 more HP.... :) :) Very bad ass bike !!!!!!

Ive had several friends with all types of Ducati's...... the maintenance schedule, and cost is just the 'thumbs-down' for me..... If you do it right it gets real expensive fast ! The new Yamasuki, I could beat to death for twenty years with oil and gas.......... might run on Diesel..... LOL

Both are great, it strictly depends on what the end user wants and is looking for ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I REALLY want the new S10 !!!! :)

The new MultiStrada is an incredible next step in technology, not much more in price, already available, a LOT less weight, fits me beautifully, good wind protection, etc....
The Super-T will have a shaft and will also surely be a hit. If it gets to the US.

I think there might be good news on the way..... One more month.... Lets only hope !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do like the new Ducati.... Very sweet bike !!! But its still a detuned Ducati race engine... It still requires the normal Ducati servicing... and that's not that cheep... And probably every accessory is going to be more expensive..... Also, if I was in Mexico, I could probably find a Yamaha 'dealer' for parts.......... good luck with a Duc dealer ship....... IMOP you dont by a Ferrari to drive to Mexico... You buy a great Toyota.... Its not to say the Toyota is cheep, its just a better tool for the job. If someone wants to ride to the coffee shop and show the bling-bling the new Multistrada is the one to have FOR SURE.......

Also the new Ducati will blow the new S10 off the road... Think its got about 40-50 more HP.... :) :) Very bad ass bike !!!!!!

Ive had several friends with all types of Ducati's...... the maintenance schedule, and cost is just the 'thumbs-down' for me..... If you do it right it gets real expensive fast ! The new Yamasuki, I could beat to death for twenty years with oil and gas.......... might run on Diesel..... LOL

Both are great, it strictly depends on what the end user wants and is looking for ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I REALLY want the new S10 !!!! :)

Wow, did anyone see this on the other thread on 2011 FJR's!? SkooterG pointed this out to me! If lotecredneck has the straight scoop and Tenere is $19,500! That's fecking ridiculous!!!

We will see the three (3) new models via the web or at regional meetings on the 1st of September. My sources, which have always been reliable <_< says the models will be the FZ8 which was released in Europe.... we really need this to go with the FZ6 that is not selling! A replacement for the V-Star 650 which was needed last year, but unsure of the cruiser market now and the Super Tenere! I really wanted one of the Tenere's until I heard the price which I'm being told will be in the range of the VMax which is $19,500!!!!! The Tenere will come via the PDP program and if it comes near the 19K price I would be shocked if they sell more than a couple of hundred of these bikes.

We will see soon..........

Tony

Wow, did anyone see this on the other thread on 2011 FJR's!? SkooterG pointed this out to me! If lotecredneck has the straight scoop and Tenere is $19,500! That's fecking ridiculous!!!
I guess if I decide I really want one I'll have to wait until November 2011 and pick one up at clearance prices. Realistically, I can't imagine paying that much when I can get a Versys for around 8K. Ridiculous is right.

We will see the three (3) new models via the web or at regional meetings on the 1st of September. My sources, which have always been reliable <_< says the models will be the FZ8 which was released in Europe.... we really need this to go with the FZ6 that is not selling! A replacement for the V-Star 650 which was needed last year, but unsure of the cruiser market now and the Super Tenere! I really wanted one of the Tenere's until I heard the price which I'm being told will be in the range of the VMax which is $19,500!!!!! The Tenere will come via the PDP program and if it comes near the 19K price I would be shocked if they sell more than a couple of hundred of these bikes.

We will see soon..........

Tony
Well, if it's in that range, I'm definitely NOT interested. I'll buy a small moto-trailer and hitch/towing set-up for my H6 Subaru Outback instead, and trailer my KLR wherever I may have wanted to take the Super Tenere. Oh -- AND farkle the crap outta the KLR while saving BIG bucks! Or for that money, I could just buy 3 more KLRs and have them dropped at airports near where I intend to ride.