Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to state what a fantastic dealership D and H Cycles of Cullman, Alabama is; and how wonderful D and H Owners Jerold and Renaa are also!

When Super Tenere deliveries were moved into November, I elected to get my deposit money back to spend on another BMW and they were very cooperative.

I just got off the phone with them and Yamaha has released my deposit monies back to them; and, I should see my Refund Check by the end of this month.

Cool..... are we going to see you on one of those new 1600 six cylinders after your test ride? Cool looking scooter !
Hola No One: Si mi Amigo, as soon as I get back from CFR and Cabot Trail Ride con mi Canuckistani Compadres. I'll be getting pricing from GO-AZ and Victory BMW.

100_0684.jpg

Still have "Miss Piggy", a BMW GS, for off road riding. I'm praying before crossing Rio Urique in Copper Canyon. rushes, fjrrider and yamafitter were laughing! Pendejos!!!

Mexico2010076.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
July August

Been reading everywhere... looks like (maybe) July or August delivery.... If so that would be SWEEEET :yahoo:

Update.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready to RIDE ! ! ! ! ! :yahoo:

I just wanted to state what a fantastic dealership D and H Cycles of Cullman, Alabama is; and how wonderful D and H Owners Jerold and Renaa are also!

When Super Tenere deliveries were moved into November, I elected to get my deposit money back to spend on another BMW and they were very cooperative.

I just got off the phone with them and Yamaha has released my deposit monies back to them; and, I should see my Refund Check by the end of this month.
Hey Don, I guess you now have heard the delivery has moved up to August. I stayed in the pot for my raven one with D & H. So since you can get back in the hunt with the XT1200Z, can you make room for that big ol BMW and the innovative Yamaha? Heck, money isn't a factor, just get Skooter G to kick in the pocket change for the cheap little Yamaha :) ).

doctorj

Actually, the dealers are hearing that deliveries may START as early as a month from now, at the end of June!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Hey Don, I guess you now have heard the delivery has moved up to August. I stayed in the pot for my raven one with D & H. So since you can get back in the hunt with the XT1200Z, can you make room for that big ol BMW and the innovative Yamaha? Heck, money isn't a factor, just get Skooter G to kick in the pocket change for the cheap little Yamaha :) ).

doctorj
I am very happy to hear that the XT1200Z delivery has moved up to August for you waiters, I still feel that this is going to be a great big trailie. But, I am still sticking with my BMW GS for my off road riding and adding "Gisele" my BMW K1600GT to the Stanley Fleet. Still a huge fan of the lighter GS's. Two decades of riding GS's for me!

Hey Don...Looks like you can get your place back in line without spending 25 grand on that Beemer. Whatcha gonna do?????????
Her name is "Gisele" and I'll be riding her up to SW-FOG 2011 in Toas, Nuevo Mexico. I plan on doing lengthy six cylinder burnouts on Patch308's lawn up in Red River!

Actually, the dealers are hearing that deliveries may START as early as a month from now, at the end of June!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

X 1,000,000 :clapping: :lol: :yahoo: :p

I spoke with Yamaha yesterday and heard the same thing....... "HOPE" its true ! :assassin:

doctorj
I am very happy to hear that the XT1200Z delivery has moved up to August for you waiters, I still feel that this is going to be a great big trailie. But, I am still sticking with my BMW GS for my off road riding and adding "Gisele" my BMW K1600GT to the Stanley Fleet. Still a huge fan of the lighter GS's. Two decades of riding GS's for me!

Dude, Your so RICH you can get both of them bikes..... come join the club again..... :p :lol:

When you ride the new 1600 to Mexico they are going to stop you and wave you down, they think your a new TAXI.... Earn beer money... :lol:

Hey Don...Looks like you can get your place back in line without spending 25 grand on that Beemer. Whatcha gonna do?????????
Her name is "Gisele" and I'll be riding her up to SW-FOG 2011 in Toas, Nuevo Mexico. I plan on doing lengthy six cylinder burnouts on Patch308's lawn up in Red River!

YO...... are you out by goAZ shop...? There are allot of unhappy people talk about that place... you have any dealings? I think this is somewhat out by you ?

Spotted this Super Tenere at the Jim Kelly Memorial Trail Ride in the Great White North yesterday...

DSC0174-L.jpg

DSC0175-L.jpg

The rider is Clinton Young and is the owner of a Trail Bike Riding School near Barrie Ontario that is sponsored by Yamaha Canada.

YO...... are you out by goAZ shop...? There are allot of unhappy people talk about that place... you have any dealings? I think this is somewhat out by you ?
Actually No One, it was Victory BMW in Chandler that Arizona BMW Owner/Riders were having problems with! About five years ago almost my entire BMW Club, AZ Beemers - MOA #89, left Victory to go to GO-AZ BMW Motorcycles in Scottsdale; Victory's Service Department at that time absolutely sucked!

So, in the last 5 years, all of my new bike purchases, parts, accessories and gear have been with Scottsdale GO-AZ BMW, or Iron Horse; not Victory!

BUT, my Beemer Club has 225 members and I'm now hearing good reports about Victory BMW, including their Service Department; Parts was always great.

When I return to Arizona after CFR, I will be getting pricing for Gisele from all three Arizona BMW Dealers:GO-AZ, Victory and Iron Horse in Tucson.

Hey Don, why don't you call Dean here in Albuquerque at Sandia BMW. He'll make you a good deal, and I'll test ride your bike after assembly to ensure it was done right.

I'm serious about Dean though.

Hey Don, why don't you call Dean here in Albuquerque at Sandia BMW. He'll make you a good deal, and I'll test ride your bike after assembly to ensure it was done right.

I'm serious about Dean though.
Actually HotRodZilla, that is a very damned good idea. Sandia BMW, and Dean in particular, have an outstanding and reliable reputation among the BMW Brotherhood. Es Richtig!

When I bought Ingrid, my 2005 BMW R1150RT, I had to fly to Dallas-Fort Worth to buy her; the R1200RT had already come out and all of the West Coast R1150RT's were sold out!

I will be riding through Albuquerque on Monday, June 13; hoping to spend the night in Santa Rosa. When I get to Gallup or Grants, New Mexico; I'll give you a phone call.

Perhaps we can meet at Sandia BMW and you can reintroduce me to Dean. I've met Dean at both Sipapu and Paonia, CO BMW Rallies, but he probably won't remember me!

And, I'd have no problem with you putting the first 600 miles on Gisele; so her first service could be done at Sandia. Sure as Hell way safer than SkooterG riding Gisele!

As much as I enjoy my FJR if they would have had this bike in 2008, I'm sure I'd be riding one.

Friken cool bike!!!