Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And this is one of my favorite 'looks'......

white1.jpg

White2.jpg

And when I get my bike, I want to take a similar picture with my bike in the picture... want to go here...

Coolpic2.jpg

Coolpic1.jpg

Coolpic3.jpg

Hey guys,

We are happy to tell everyone we are now part of the Heidenau family ! If you don't know, there new K60 Scout is an awesome and long lasting set of tires for the Adventure rider. The long awaited 150/70-17 rear is ready to ship.. Just wanted to pass along that we can now supply Heidenau tires to the Super Tenere crowd... The stock tire sizes are 110-80-19 and 150-70-17 K60 SCOUTS..... and they are ready !!!! All made in Germany Call me if you have any quesions 817-831-9700 There are reports of 8-10K miles on these tires.

Also LED lights from: https://www.clearwaterlights.com/ AND LED/HID from https://www.bajadesigns.com/ for your lighting needs for your new SUPER TENERE !! ! ! ! !

Wooooooooo - Hoooooooooooooo

K601.jpg

K603.png

K602.png

Last edited by a moderator:
One think I can say No One is that when you take your Super Tenere up the Haul Road, it won't be the same since you will have calcium chloride in places you can't get too. It will be OK but not the same. That road can jump up and bite you too. I love those tires. What prices will be be looking at?

doctorj

One think I can say No One is that when you take your Super Tenere up the Haul Road, it won't be the same since you will have calcium chloride in places you can't get too. It will be OK but not the same. That road can jump up and bite you too. I love those tires. What prices will be be looking at?

doctorj
Hey bud... PM me or just give me a shout at the shop :) They will be FREE SHIPPING

So No One, "where" is "here?"
Those are in Alaska.... I planing on BAJA in November then maybe going down to Cabo.... Looking forward to going out to NM,AZ,UT,CO aswell......
Actually No One, that specifically is the Atigun Pass in the Alaskan Brooks Range. I worked five years in AK as a Pipefitter, two years were spent installing the piping in Pump House Number Four; which is 40 miles North of that photo shoot.

So No One, "where" is "here?"
Those are in Alaska.... I planing on BAJA in November then maybe going down to Cabo.... Looking forward to going out to NM,AZ,UT,CO aswell......
Actually No One, that specifically is the Atigun Pass in the Alaskan Brooks Range. I worked five years in AK as a Pipefitter, two years were spent installing the piping in Pump House Number Four; which is 40 miles North of that photo shoot.
Don, I bet you have ridden that road too. In some places you can go balls to the wall with no problems, but since they put lots of fresh gravel on it and berms can be one foot tall in spots, you gotta be vigilant. They also use water trucks to water the road to cut down dust. That stuff is slicker than moose snot when wet. It is a road that can build up overconfidence and then jump up and bite you. BTW, I do love that white bike look and especially the side covers but noticed it has no engine guards either. Nick Sanders didn't have engine guards on his bike either which I thought weird since he would need them far more than I will need them.

doctorj

doctorj
Hey bud... PM me or just give me a shout at the shop :) They will be FREE SHIPPING
PM sent. Curious about prices.

doctorj

doctorj
PM sent. Curious about prices.

doctorj

DoctorJ...... I think we got all your questions answered.... :) If ya need anything let me know ! ! :)

I just saw this on the Yamaha Super Tenere Forum for Canadian deliveries as of last Friday the 8th of July, so USA delivery shouldn't be far behind:

doctorj

Just in!!

YES! Better than I expected! Several units landed in Vancouver on Friday

and barring any issues, yours is scheduled to start moving to Edmonton on

Wednesday. I've back-ordered your unit and as soon as it arrives in

Edmonton, we'll contact Yukon Yamaha for delivery.

You will be receiving information shortly regarding access to our on-line

parts and accessories website.

Thanks,

Ruth Stevens

Inside Sales

Bikes are going out the door in Mississippi.... From my understanding most of the bikes are in the ware houses around the country and MANY people will be getting the call in the next few days!!!!!!!!!!! For all who have been looking and waiting for this bike.... We are here !!! Wooo-Hooo ! ! !

Bikes are going out the door in Mississippi.... From my understanding most of the bikes are in the ware houses around the country and MANY people will be getting the call in the next few days!!!!!!!!!!! For all who have been looking and waiting for this bike.... We are here !!! Wooo-Hooo ! ! !
Mine arrived two weeks ago, but glad to hear you guys are also getting yours. Congratulations on your getting your Super Teneres, Guys; it is going to be a great machine, at a great price. I just decided to keep riding what I know best offroad, the BMW GS. Looking forward to seeing your modifications and Ride Reports, Gisele (below) and I (along with my Son Seth) are riding to Alaska and NAFO/CFR next year.

DSCF0083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys are riding there bikes and they keep heading to the dealers... Everyone is really happy !!!! If you like reading a lot about the new Super Tenere you can find a lot of info at www.yamahasupertenere.com