Yet another HID experiment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Original eBay selller MCMotoring is no longer registered. Anyone know if this kit is the same or similar?
That price is incredible! The pics on his page suck, so it's hard to tell. But I would think that any "solenoid" operated telescoping H4 HID would work. You might email for better pics and description, but don't hold your breath. Ya pays yer money and takes yer chances. At least his feedback looks good.

Yeah crappy pics but as you say the price is right enough to take the chance. Will post result once I get them installed.

One of mine quit working permanently. I swapped bulbs and ballasts and found I have a bad ballast. I've emailed him, we'll see what recourse there is for bad parts. The light really is amazing, and in fact just one side on is better IMHO than both sides with the stock bulbs.

I still think for the money, I could end up buying another ballast and still come out ok price vs. performance.

Original eBay selller MCMotoring is no longer registered. Anyone know if this kit is the same or similar?
That price is incredible! The pics on his page suck, so it's hard to tell. But I would think that any "solenoid" operated telescoping H4 HID would work. You might email for better pics and description, but don't hold your breath. Ya pays yer money and takes yer chances. At least his feedback looks good.

Yeah crappy pics but as you say the price is right enough to take the chance. Will post result once I get them installed.

One of mine quit working permanently. I swapped bulbs and ballasts and found I have a bad ballast. I've emailed him, we'll see what recourse there is for bad parts. The light really is amazing, and in fact just one side on is better IMHO than both sides with the stock bulbs.
I still think for the money, I could end up buying another ballast and still come out ok price vs. performance.

Just for grins while you wait, quadruple check the ground wire on the "bad" ballast. I thought I had a bad unit too at one point only to re-route the ground wire direct to the battery and have it come back to life.

You know, I didn't do that, but I did do this:

Side A (ballast, bulb, wiring A) - Good (light comes from the bulb)

Side B (ballast, bulb, wiring B) - Bad (no light from the bulb)

So....

Ballast A, wiring A, bulb B = good

Ballast B, wiring B, bulb A = bad

Basically, ballast A will light both bulbs. Ballast B will light neither. Both ballasts are grounded to the same point. Just for giggles, I am going to run direct to battery and see if that does anything.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Just for grins while you wait, quadruple check the ground wire on the "bad" ballast. I thought I had a bad unit too at one point only to re-route the ground wire direct to the battery and have it come back to life.

No dice. It was certainly worth a shot, though.

So....

Basically, ballast A will light both bulbs. Ballast B will light neither. Both ballasts are grounded to the same point. Just for giggles, I am going to run direct to battery and see if that does anything.

No dice. It was certainly worth a shot, though.

So....

Oh well, it was worth a shot I guess. Good luck getting it sorted out.

Not really.https://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=newc...irn=Received+by

Has anyone had any luck with any other ebay sellers?
You've got PM

Does anybody know how to get a hold of the guy who sold the kit to BMWHD? I bought a low-beam setup for my cage, and one side has shit the bed, leaving me with a useless pile of parts that cost $100.00

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=320134489135

I bought this off this guy who is on the west coast. Seems to be OK. The lamps come apart which makes installing the rubber seal an easy thing to do. Bought the complete kit to provide spare ballasts and lamps. On the first buy, from China, I've lost 2 lamps and a ballast. Unable to reistablish contacts with the first seller.

Sending PM. If it's the same guy I am dealing with, I do know how to get in touch with him.

Speaking from experience, don't deal with the original vendor mentioned in this thread. This new guy that Grumpy found seems to have the exact same product.

Has anyone had any luck with any other ebay sellers?
You've got PM

Does anybody know how to get a hold of the guy who sold the kit to BMWHD? I bought a low-beam setup for my cage, and one side has shit the bed, leaving me with a useless pile of parts that cost $100.00

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been looking at THESE

Are they the same? The total price comes out to $106 with shipping, Which is the cheapest i found. Let me know guys! :)

Then i saw THESE

I would say that this seller knows how to market a product! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been looking at THESEAre they the same? The total price comes out to $106 with shipping, Which is the cheapest i found. Let me know guys! :)

Then i saw THESE

Adam, neither one of those are correct. The first one is a low beam only and the second one is a single light and ballast. That IS the guy I bought my set from, but those just aren't the correct kits.

This is the correct H4 Telescopic two light source and ballast 4300K HID kit from that seller.

$120+$40= $160 total to the US.

I have been looking at THESEAre they the same? The total price comes out to $106 with shipping, Which is the cheapest i found. Let me know guys! :)

Then i saw THESE

Adam, neither one of those are correct. The first one is a low beam only and the second one is a single light and ballast. That IS the guy I bought my set from, but those just aren't the correct kits.

This is the correct H4 Telescopic two light source and ballast 4300K HID kit from that seller.

I knew when the original package came marked "samples, no commercial value" for customs that the vendor was not likely to be around long. Oh well.

FWIW, mine continue to shine on. Drove through torrential rains this week with no problems. Not that I expected any but it's nice to know they're waterproof.

Then i saw THESE

DONE! Thanks Matt!! :clapping:

This is from eBay, they seem to recommend 6000K bulbs.

4300k(Xtreme White) 6000k(Diamond White)

Which color temp did you guys go with?

I ordered the 4300k.

Make sure that if you pay via paypal, You include the information sent in the email . I forgot, And i might be in deep doo doo. :(

I ordered the 4300k.

Make sure that if you pay via paypal, You include the information sent in the email . I forgot, And i might be in deep doo doo. :(
Just go back to the ebay listing and send him the message privately through them. He'll get it.