Yo...yoyo.......semite!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, reservations done. Unfortunately, not all of us can get out of work until 5pm on Friday so we'll be down there a bit late (Coming from Sacramento/Auburn areas).

The Skyridge looks great!

Is there an itinerary of events, or do people just do whatever happens?

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Im in as well. My wife and I are staying with OvaleFJR. Should be a blast! Last time we were in Yosemite was 2001. Looking forward to it :cownoy:

Any chance to spell out the route exactly? I would would like to play with loading a route in my Garmin 2610 so I will have it loaded.

I'm going to follow Highlander and TWN!

Its a little early to get the details out. We have yet to survive the riding to/from/at WFO. I'm guessing up Hwy 41, thru the park, N on 395 to Mammoth Lakes. Last year they rode out 120 to Benton at, oh, 5 miles over the speed limit :rolleyes: . Then North on 395 and East on 108 on Sunday....then head home from Sonora. I'd bet Highlander has lunch and rest stops kinda-sort worked out in his head.

I'm going to follow Highlander and TWN!Its a little early to get the details out.  We have yet to survive the riding to/from/at WFO.  I'm guessing up Hwy 41, thru the park, N on 395 to Mammoth Lakes.  Last year they rode out 120 to Benton at, oh, 5 miles over the speed limit :rolleyes: .  Then North on 395 and East on 108 on Sunday....then head home from Sonora.  I'd bet Highlander has lunch and rest stops kinda-sort worked out in his head.
ACK! I'm not sure I want you behind me... :eek:mg: :fie: :bye2: :megashock:

Things are shaping up pretty good... 4 weeks to go and so far we have...

Highlander ( 2 up )

MadMike2

Bluestreek ( 2 up )

Bike Effects

Twowheelnut ( 2 up )

MCML ( 2up )

Toecutter ( 2 up ? )

Rogue

Cisco ( 2 up )

OrangevaleFJR ( 2 up )

Jimbofjr ( 2up )

and a big maybe for

04FJR4ME

Jimbo's friends (2up)

If you've been thinking of going ....now's the time to sign up :D

TWN is two up as of today! Crossing fingers and hoping it stays that way...

Anyone have Bigdolma's e-mail, phone #? He's been MIA way too long and I've lost his info in the mess that I call my desk.

Will 'The One' be joining us?

GOOD news TWN !

I'll search for BIG D's #, you're right about him being MIA, we were talking about that at WFO.

" The One " and Nanc are towing their new " Spank Tank " to Canada for a week, at the same time as the run. They won't be making it this year. :huh:

I'm going to follow Highlander and TWN!Its a little early to get the details out.  We have yet to survive the riding to/from/at WFO.  I'm guessing up Hwy 41, thru the park, N on 395 to Mammoth Lakes.  Last year they rode out 120 to Benton at, oh, 5 miles over the speed limit :rolleyes: .  Then North on 395 and East on 108 on Sunday....then head home from Sonora.  I'd bet Highlander has lunch and rest stops kinda-sort worked out in his head.
ACK! I'm not sure I want you behind me... :eek:mg: :fie: :bye2: :megashock:
Oooookaaaayyy. You'll just have to ride a little slower. We, uhm, er, older guys kinda "totter" along, ya' know. 'Course I won't be handicapped by SWMBO :) .....I hate the rib-punching, helmet-knocking, kicking and screaming ordeal at every corner. Aaannnndd, I won't miss the all-night critique/lecture about corner speed, etc.

Bluestreek will be two up.

Can we follow the Highlanders I hear they are smoooooooth? :D

Anyone hear from the Ric n sac's It would be great if they could join us. :clap:

It is up in the air for us right now. Karen has to be in Couer d'Alene on that Sunday for a 3 day work convention. There are several options: (1) We could both leave on the FJR for Couer d'Alene on Saturday, arriving Sunday, and while she is in her convention I could do a lot of day trips (and do some serious fishing) using Couer d'Alene as a base; (2) I could leave early Sunday a.m. solo and see if I can do a 860 mile day while Karen goes by air; (3) We could join you all for Yosemite and I would break off for home Sunday at the time required for Karen to catch a flight and stay home with the animals. Decisions, decisions . . . . . stay tuned for the next episode, "What is the Den Mother cooking up now?" ;)

C'mon you two. You know what needs to be done.

(3) We could join you all for Yosemite and I would break off for home Sunday at the time required for Karen
We need ya'. Besides, how are you going to haul a float tube, waders, fins and all that tackle on the bike?

I am working on a pontoon farkle for the FJR. Throw on a paddle tire and I will be able to throw out one heck of a rooster tail . . . :lol:

I will be riding two up and we are booked at the Skyranch for 09 Sep and at the Holiday Inn in Mammoth for the 10th. Now all I need are new tires (Pirelli's already ordered).

Tim, you have an email (Armand's contact info).

Thank you, Joseph. Did you dip a wheel into AK whilst you were up north?

Also, let's make plans to ride up together to Yo-yo. As of last night the SO began having reservations about being pillion on the Feej. She fears it won't be as comfy as the Wing was. Which is another reason I wanted to get hold of Big D. As I recall, his SO was driving up in which case my SO might share the ride (provided Mrs. Big D likes to yak and shop!).

Oh, and [SIZE=21pt]HAPPY BIRTHDAY! [/SIZE] WOOOO HOOO! :clap:

Now all I need are new tires (Pirelli's already ordered)
I'm just getting ready to replace my rear Pirelli. I think it's about done (6000 mi.). It's hard to tell since there was no tread down the middle to start with. The front seems fine. Live and learn. The Avon Man delivered yesterday.

Tim, Linda will be riding up with me so if it helps your SO to know that there will be another FJR-riding pillion on the ride up let her know. We plan to leave the SFV at approximately 12:15 p.m. We could meet at the Shell in Frazier Park or anywhere else that makes sense. FWIW, most pillions I have talked to seem to be quite comfy on the FJR though some wish to lower the pegs a bit. Oh, and thanks for the birthday wishes. I have saved $2.50 on senior citizen meals so far!

Toecutter, thanks for your info on the Italian tyres. I went with the Pirrellis because I had tried to Metzlers (MEZ4's, MEZ6's on list to try) MPR's and Avons. I plan on trying lots of tires. The more motorcycle tires I try out, the happier I seem to be. The brand doesn't seem to make much of a difference as long as the ones that are being replaced have been worn out!

Thanks, Mike. BTW, Dad, you organized a great ride. Just remember though, that we all agreed that we would not have another hooligan-type day like we did on Rainier. Is that Steve I hear dissenting? Or George? Or some crazy Cannuck?

Yeah, but every once in awhile my "evil twin" shows up and takes over. ;) I know, I know...it's Steve corrupting me, yeah, tha's it, it's Steve's fault! ORRRR, the devil made me do it! Lordy, that ride up Mt. St. Helens was fuh-unnn!