Tire Pump - Great Buy!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Buy... Picked one up last night.
at AutoZone thru January 8th you can get the "Slime" Power Sport Tire Inflator for $9.95, it is $29.95 with a $20.00 mail in rebate. It is Motorcycle Consumer News pick. Heck for $10 cant see how you can go wrong.

Pump Comparison Test
No shiznit! I'm going to auto zone today after work.

I was just saying I need one.

Great Buy... Picked one up last night.
at AutoZone thru January 8th you can get the "Slime" Power Sport Tire Inflator for $9.95, it is $29.95 with a $20.00 mail in rebate. It is Motorcycle Consumer News pick. Heck for $10 cant see how you can go wrong.

Pump Comparison Test

Thanks for the tip. I'll be picking one or two of these up. I have a pump in the Feejer, but would like something that can be left stored on the other two bikes. Was there any limit to the number of rebates you could get?

Hmmm... That might even make a really nice "small gift" for Xmas...

it say: "The unit put out 26.7 psi after three minutes and 31.8 psi after five minutes." Does it mean that the maximum that you can pump is 31.8 psi?

Thank you.

it say: "The unit put out 26.7 psi after three minutes and 31.8 psi after five minutes." Does it mean that the maximum that you can pump is 31.8 psi?
Thank you.
That rating is based on a car tire (much larger volume).

But I personally would not plan on using these little pumps for routine tire filling, just emergency roadside use.

Y Pump Pressure MV

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, I was gonna say, 31.8 is better than 0! Especially if your stuck out in the middle of nowhere.

I carry that Slime pump in my Goldwing. Gotta get one for the FJR. Works fine up to at least 41 psi, that's the most I've tried, but I'm certain it will go higher.

I use the battery clips because the unit draws quite a bit of current on startup; it would blow the little 2.5A fuse on my cig lighter receptacle. Not an issue as the 'Wing battery is easily accessible. Might have to wire in an adapter for FJR.

If you're a lazy 'Wing ridin' mo-fo, like me :p , another accessory that goes great with the mini Slime pump is this inline tire guage:

EZ-AIR_400-1.jpg

https://www.bestrestproducts.com/celestia/o...rform/?recno=25

It's the bee's knees for monitoring pressure while your're airing up.

The bigger Slime pump has a built in guage, but Slime left it out on the mini.

I have one on the bike at all times, and as Skoot says, might as well buy another one or two, or three for the cars at $10 each. Thanks for the heads-up!!

Does anybody carry a pressurized cylinder inflator kit? That is all I use. Is the electrically powered inflator somehow better?

If you're a lazy 'Wing ridin' mo-fo, like me :p , another accessory that goes great with the mini Slime pump is this inline tire guage:
EZ-AIR_400-1.jpg

https://www.bestrestproducts.com/celestia/o...rform/?recno=25

It's the bee's knees for monitoring pressure while your're airing up.

The bigger Slime pump has a built in guage, but Slime left it out on the mini.

Be very, very careful with these gauges... Dad and I have been through (2) each. If you drop them, even ever so slightly they get 'off'... My second guage now reads 4 lbs lower than actual.

They are handy but if you upgrade to 90 degree stems it's no big deal.

-MD

I have the Slime pump, and have run it off of the whip for my battery tender. You have to change the fuse out to a 10v as I recall, but it works GREAT, and fits absofuckinglutely perfect under the seat on the GenII bikes. I might have to pick up a spare pump at that price.

Thanks for the heads up.