How fast have you been

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyoungmo

Reaction score
Ok, if you arent afraid to get bashed, how fast have you been on your FJR? Anyother bike?

180mph....in a '94 twin turbo supra (modified). Know it's not a bike but it's a lot faster than I've ever been on the FJR.

140 last Sunday afternoon, with plenty of speed left. Was on a turnpike, and I chickened out.

Last edited by a moderator:
156 according to my GPS ( "closed course" on private property). Windshield down, panniers (sidecases) on.

Beware, "Verily, the horizon approacheth with much haste."

140-indicated on my old XS1100 (same "closed course" & private property). Full dress, Windjammer fairing and hard saddlebags with chrome guards, top case.

Then there was the time, on my Connie......

Et tu, cyoungmo, your speed was?

When someone asks me how fast my bike will go. I always tell them that it will go faster than I will. I've bumped 110 a couple of times (which only takes about 2 seconds, I know I know). But in OH the law boys are pretty evenly spaced out at every 1/2 mile, so I've never thought it was worth it to press my luck. If I could get on that private closed track,,,,, maybe hmmmmm

wildman

152 according to the GPS on an 02 Triumph Sprint ST.

130 (both side bags and a Givi 46 top case...all empty) on the FJR.

These are MPH

135 near Calgary ("closed course" & private property) fully loaded for bear, full side bags, full Givi V46, and loaded passenger seat. Started to wobble a bit so had to back down to 130 :p

I got to 145 indicated on my Bandit at PIR, but that equates to about 132 real speed.

My FJR by GPS 135, have no idea what the speedo indicated. In fact, I don't remember going that fast, but my Zumo says that's the top speed. It must have been a time warp or improper reading, yeah, that's what happened!

Round 130 on the FJR. Don't want to push to hard on a bike I'm still learning. I avg anywhere from the 75 - 95 mph range anywhere I go on a ride.

Fastest was 145 on a buddies Gixxer Thou.

Ok, if you arent afraid to get bashed, how fast have you been on your FJR? Anyother bike?
On my FJR, about 125, with another whole gear left, when I realized what a dumb thing I was doing (and got past the last in a line of RVs etc).

On the back of DH's Z-RX, about 130.

On my Ninja, 105 feels REAL fast. There's a definite urge to slow down for the sake of comfort. With the FJR, it's only the speedo that gives away the fact that you're going WAAAAAAYYYYY too fast.

Jill

Do former exploits on the local dragstrip (in my youth, of course) count?

Uhm...there is a forum member who averaged over 100 mph for 2,000+ miles in 23:55 hrs. Is that worthy of note, or are you only counting "max speed" at top end?

165 indicated on 07 Hayabusa.

I keep closing too fast on other traffic, but I think I may have found the spot to to go a bit faster. Whooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :yahoo:

Hayabusa3-005.jpg

Zoltan

P.S. cyoungmo bought my FJR off of Craigs list, he is a pretty good guy, and he sure loves that FJR.