How fast have you been

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok....110 km/h on a pushbike (downhill...drafting behind a fuel tanker)

Mach 1.5 (approx 1500 km/h) in a F/A18 Hornet approx 250km off the east coast of Australia, December 1991.

And...210km/h on the FJR (last Saturday afternoon)....I'm still treating her gently!

Mach .998 at FL 410 in the Concord on a domestic flight from Oshkosh, WI around Lake Michigan.

215 on a turbo'd busa according to the GPS on a "closed course" in Montana a few years back. That was an addictive bike, with 325 hp at your control, 185 mph power wheelies in 5th gear were a bit of a rush.

Grady

.....you heathen law breaking good for nothing old farts.. what will you do next Bankrupt social security? :rolleyes:
No. Riding a motorcycle at these kind of speeds is our way of opting out of collecting social security benefits. No-one can consistently ride this way AND live a long life, thus we are actually SAVING the fund for the people who live quiet, and careful lives. :)

Jill

.....you heathen law breaking good for nothing old farts.. what will you do next Bankrupt social security? :rolleyes:
No. Riding a motorcycle at these kind of speeds is our way of opting out of collecting social security benefits. No-one can consistently ride this way AND live a long life, thus we are actually SAVING the fund for the people who live quiet, and careful lives. :)

Jill
EXACTLY SO! We're being fiscally responsible.

Jill
EXACTLY SO! We're being fiscally responsible.
I feel guilty that I don't get into fatal accidents more often :unsure:

153 indicated as my buddy on his 07 Kawi ZX-14 went by at 185! My bike was still wanting to go a bit faster but may a buck fifty is just fast enough for me.

I always travel at the posted speed limit! :rolleyes:

Note: Anyone that rode with me at EOM, please keep quiet! ;)

JW

While cruising behind a friend through the Oregon desert between Burns and Bend at around 90 I noticed he was getting smaller, so I increased my speed up to 140 until I caught up to his Sprint St. My FJR was smooth as silk, but I felt that was fast enough.

Jer

'05 FJR- 150 indicated..several times, '74 DeTomaso Pantera- 185..I was 15 and he's still cleaning the passenger seat, and recently about 72 in my '89 Volvo 240 ! Downhill...with the wind at my back !

Bobby

Welll.. There was this time when I was about sixteen I sneaked in the neighbors place and had my way with his wife :bigeyedsmiley:

Don't know the speed, but I was gone when I heard his door shut! :p

:jester:

'74 DeTomaso Pantera- 185..
Say what?! Surely not with the stock motor. No way a 351 Cleveland will do that stock. Friggin' thing only put out maybe 300, 310 hp tops. What'd it have?
I wanted one of those, thought they looked way cool for the time.

Hey Nut, you've got to remember it had an inverted engine, so the speed just poured out ;)

125 actual via gps on my zzr this summer

125 indicated on my 77 suzuki 750

120 indicated on a 77 bmw r100s turbo

but the scariest was 95 in Montana in an aircooled VW squareback station wagon (talk about hopping around on the road!), or maybe the 105 going downhill on a canadian mountain road in a Ford Pinto. Both of these were genuinely death defying!