How fast have you been

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FJR 105 two up, about the same single.

'99 ZRX 1100 160 mph in eastern oregon where i could see for miles in all direction. Was able to stay with the R1 until about 120, then it took off.

In 1997 I was radared at the end of the straight-a-way at Pacific Raceways (in the old configuration) at 172mph on an RS250 with A kit cylinders and ram air modifications. I think the radar gun read high. Probably was actually about 165mph. Siezed it going into turn 3 at about 120 mph, fortunately there is a run off arear, so no crash (just needed a clean change of underwear).

145 mph on a Honda hawk (Built by Mike Velasco) at Daytona in '94

166 at Portland International Raceway on the RS250 in '96

Been in the 130's on several bikes, fastest was on ZZR 1200 155mph. On the FJR only 130mph so far, 120mph two up to pull away from an idiot in a cage. :ph34r:

khrome

Two-up on a closed course: 130 mph indicated

Solo with tall shield, both side bags and top bag, on a closed course: 138 mph indicated

Solo with no bags and +2 shield, on a closed course: 152 mph indicated, 145 mph GPS (E1Allen passed me)

My personally enforced limit is 135 mph indicated. Vision limits don't allow me to see far enough down the track to safely exceed that limit. Mainly because DCarver has not killed all the damn forest rats yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
You all need a moral compASS!

Where is your sense of decency?

Why, these velocities are, Illegal (and I ain't talking about no sick bird)

What about our oil dependence?

Don't you know that every time you broach a buck30 you support a terr0rist?

..and ain't it fun? :rolleyes:

.....you heathen law breaking good for nothing old farts.. what will you do next Bankrupt social security? :rolleyes:

I always go the speed limit!

EOM chasing FJRandy back to the hotel going up and down the hills of WV - er I mean on a closed race course

Randy says to me "Ha I went 132"

I said, "I must've done more than that cause I had to catch your ass"

gps pic

Hey I thought the 2003 FJR speed limit was 154? I must have a ticker! :lol:

145, bags on, top trunk on, fully laden at somewhere close to 5,000' in Eastern Oregon, chasing down Mr. & Mrs. Smooth. It was all she had.

145, bags on, top trunk on, fully laden at somewhere close to 5,000' in Eastern Oregon, chasing down Mr. & Mrs. Smooth. It was all she had.
Didn't you break that at Bonneville Salt Flat ingress road? :rolleyes:
Feck, no! Don't you remember the wind? :blink:
...but, but.. it was at your considerable backside TWN! It should have been a SAIL... 152 in neutral!

Seriously... was it windy? I don't recall.. But I DO remember you motoring away while my chicken sh#t body backed down... :glare:

...but, but.. it was at your considerable backside TWN! It should have been a SAIL... 152 in neutral! Seriously... was it windy? I don't recall.. But I DO remember you motoring away while my chicken sh#t body backed down... :glare:
There were a couple of side blasts the made me do dooky, not to mention the un-posted, abrupt end to the road! :eek:mg:

153 indicated with a bit left (I think-glanced at the speedo, not the tach). Had the stock shield up and bags on. Only got the FJR a few weeks prior and road not conducive for top speed testing. I simply HAD to know. I've since put my inner squid back in the cellar and locked the door...except for that run at an indicated 140 in fourth gear recently, and 135 two weekends ago, and 120 in the rain last weekend, and those first gear power wheelies from six grand...well other than that 65 is the fastest I ride.

185 mph indicated, rented Busa, German autobahn. There are some excellent twisties on the freeway at this speed!

For the FJR, 150 indicated, Oregon high desert.

- Mark

I topped 42, downhill with a tailwind, on this:

0003867526788_215X215.jpg

Oh...I outran an old diesel Jetta to the next traffic light during the process. :yahoo:

And y'all crapped on that noob for hot rodding with a Mustang. My, my, my.
Uh, 80 in a 65.
You SERIOUSLY missed the point of the dogpile, dintja?
So it WAS a dogpile? And run down the point for me. And was there only one point? I'm a newbie too. Be gentle.
Yeah, I'd say it was a dogpile. A minor one, though.

And, speaking only for myself, I'd have to say there are 2 points to the dogpile:

1) Doing 130 in traffic to satisfy some testosterone-based urge is squidly behavior, plain and simple.

2) Again, only speaking for myself, my analogy HERE

Around 160 +/- at Road Atlanta on the R1 and my Firebird. Have been up to around 140-145 on the FJR.