2007 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to see this one in person, looking at the pictures I would said the guys that choose praple on the 07 color pole are the winners. 06 cobalt blue is looking better every day.

I will say that Tony is right on this one...

that color has looked awesome on Yammys cruiser line in the past. The website photos didn't do it justice then, the photochop for the FJR does it even less. But, when these show up on the streets -- I think it will look very nice. I like it.

heck, I'm not trading my cobalt blue in for it mind you, but I like it.

(fwiw, in real life it does look different than Honda's ST Burgundy)

I am not in the know about the new Kawi's. Only up to several years ago the Kawi's were having too many quility issues and mechanical issues. I hope they have overcome these problems and the bikes are sound. Time will tell...PM. <>< :huh:

I agree with what was previously mentioned. I think this color will look nice in person more so than the pictures indicate. The Black Cherry on the Venture I saw last year was very nice. That was a cruiser though so I'm holding my judgement until I see one in person. I'm going down to Biketoberfest next week so hopefully I'll get to see one in person then. At least it's not green!

Smoke.

Europe AE.... :eek:

2007_FJR1300AS_Photo_03_prv_tcm26-140226.jpg

Standard side cases . . . . weren't side cases an option in Europe before now?

Looks like they still have Blue and Silver next year. Everything has the stripes, too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for shits and giggles, I went back into the CMG's (Color Marketing Group) printed log from a few years ago (typically, the time it takes for their 'color predictions' to come to fruition is five years) and waddaya know; that thar purty black cherry was supposed to be the rage back in 2004 & 5, 'cept they called it, 'Wine Stain' or 'Mulberry', depending on how your eye reads the hue. Indeed, Lexus had a similar color for their ES model in '05, IIRC.

Thank GOD I did not plan to order a 07. I found a new 06. Don't like the color as much as my old 04, but its far better than the Puke Red

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice the blue reflection on the inside of the drivers pant leg?
Scoping out the inside of a man's leg is a gateway behavior. Before you know it, your skirt is over your head and your ass is bleeding.
LOL! Stop......you're making my stomach hurt from the seizure of laughter......stop! :lol:

Notice the blue reflection on the inside of the drivers pant leg?
Scoping out the inside of a man's leg is a gateway behavior. Before you know it, your skirt is over your head and your ass is bleeding.
Sooo.... You Speakin from experience? :( :lol: :lol: :lol:
You seen me wearing a skirt lately?? Huh? EXACTLY.

That's a mistake you make just one time, buddy. After that, it's pants, pants, pants.

1st post,

Just put $200 down on a 07 got it for msrp, otd. Before I did I checked out a yami in front of the door outside and it just happened to have a one of those gay yamaha colored motorcycle's parked outside. course It wasnt a FJR but supposed to be the same color. Black cherry. It was really cool in the sun and in the shadow it was almost black. Nothin like the internet pic. Think some of you guys have been looking at silver and blue to long.. I love that silver color though on that AE, I got to sit on one for awhile in the dealership . I have learned alot from you guys reading all the threads in here and I have to admit that the term farkle took some time to get used to, Even though I bought my first farkle the other day. Anyway's please to meet you.

1st post,
Just put $200 down on a 07 got it for msrp, otd. Before I did I checked out a yami in front of the door outside and it just happened to have a one of those gay yamaha colored motorcycle's parked outside. course It wasnt a FJR but supposed to be the same color. Black cherry. It was really cool in the sun and in the shadow it was almost black. Nothin like the internet pic. Think some of you guys have been looking at silver and blue to long.. I love that silver color though on that AE, I got to sit on one for awhile in the dealership . I have learned alot from you guys reading all the threads in here and I have to admit that the term farkle took some time to get used to, Even though I bought my first farkle the other day. Anyway's please to meet you.

Well. welcome to the group! I would guess by reading this particular thread you would think that this forum is made up of a bunch of homophobic old farts...which is true it seems, ...........not that theres anything wrong with that....

KM

1st post,
Hey koolhand,

Pleased to meet you, also. Welcome to the collective.

I really like the color... even the one on the internet pic. Nice purchase.

Heidi