• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2010 FJR For Sale-7900-Job Loss Forces Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe I haven't found a job yet after 3 weeks. Seems unemployment and food stamps are not available for me, or a free phone, or health insurance. I better stop before I get started. Yes I am bitter.

I can't believe I haven't found a job yet after 3 weeks...
I don't know what field you are in but it is rare for any professional to find work in 3 weeks. Heck, it can take 3 weeks to get hired from the first interview until the references are checked and a job offer is drafted. More important than food stamps and free phones are the resources you should be using to see all the available jobs and to get your (well written) resume out. Right now you should have a steady 40-50 hr work week -- working to get a job. If you have a niche skill it could be a hard job search.

I can't believe I haven't found a job yet after 3 weeks. Seems unemployment and food stamps are not available for me, or a free phone, or health insurance. I better stop before I get started. Yes I am bitter.
you haven't paid your dues yet. It takes a year of sitting around before they'll give you all that stuff.

2 Fun, thanks for the reality check.

I've been working in corporate training for the last 14 yrs, the last 4 specifically in automotive software and travelling the US and Canada. 2 specific companies are hiring in the Charlotte area right now, both have my resume, one has interviewed me twice. Of course I've sent out dozens of resumes in the last 3 weeks. Now just waiting.

Latest deal on my bike just fell thru, but I don't really want to sell it, more of a need than a want. Thanks.

First, Thanks to Wheaton, Zx6rrider and Hppants for the support, you are the good guys on this forum. Some of the others............well............

I have decided, for now to pull my bike off the for sale list, too many contacts that tell me they want it, then don't, then come back with a 6500 offer if I can pay it off first and have the title. (Really?!) Do they really think a pristine, low mileage 2010 is only worth 6500? I know, I know.......it's worth what someone will pay for it. But right now, job or not, its worth more to keep it than unload it for anything less than what I'm asking. But it's been fun talking to everyone on this post.

On a positive note, interview #3 next week with a major software company and Hendrick called me today with a job offer so I should have something by next week. Been doing landscape work, lot's of fun, making really good for only a few hours a day. Later, keep the rubber side down!

On a positive note, interview #3 next week with a major software company and Hendrick called me today with a job offer so I should have something by next week. Been doing landscape work, lot's of fun, making really good for only a few hours a day. Later, keep the rubber side down!
Good luck to ya
smile.png

I used to sell motorcycles for a large dealer. We called these folks" bottom feeders" no matter how low the price is it's too high!! I used to really get pissed at these clowns. They just want to capitalize on your bad luck, screw them. I'm glad you kept it. Your bike was worth every bit of that price. Good luck on finding a new job.
smile.png

Wow just saw your ad ...first off hope U found work. Not a good situation at all. I truly understand your frustration with not so good members. I want to sell my loaded up 2010 FJR with low miles fog lights, shad tour box, aux fuse box, Sargent seat, windshield, new P4's, aux lighter, add on cruise can't even remember everything off the top of my head, but with offers that you got. I'll keep it and let it collect dust.

Once again hope u found work

Funny this topic got revived. YES I found a great job about 3 weeks ago..........I am now a corporate trainer for Husqvarna. Still have the bike, not much time to ride with my travel schedule. Tough bike to sell in today's market, so many other options are available. I was in the local dealer here yesterday and they had both of the 2014 models in stock and on the showroom floor!

Glad you're working, man. I was out of work for 6 moths in early 2012, and it was a little scary at my 'advanced age'.

If you don't sell the bike -- my son and his wife live in Charlotte, so I'll be up after the New Year and we can ride.

Ok thinking of dropping the price down to 6900.00, gel touring seat is sold, stock seat back on the bike. Anyone interested? Same deal with Yamaha having the title. Miles are the same or close to original post. Let me know if you are interested........here we go. Oh, and no I won't deliver at this price. Thanks.

Update, got a couple or three options working on the sale of my bike. Just waiting to see. Thanks everyone!