2011 Hooterville 400

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#1-- Would you narrow this a bit? Riding what, or whom?

#2-- This particular FJR or all of them?

#3-- None: I live so far in the sticks we get Hong Kong flu in July....

#4-- What's a group ride?

That help? :p

I'm gonna give you a break this year and ride my V Strom. I'll ride the back of the last pack.... no need to try to keep up with me this time. :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, here is a map copy of the final route.

<snip>

Have I said enough? Have I said too much? In any event, we are all adults older children and we'll be making our own personal choices on Saturday...let's make them good ones. :clapping:
Some would beg to differ with some of that statement... :rolleyes:

I'll forego the PM Wheaton, afterall it's only fair that everyone else knows who they're riding with IMHO.

This has been my sixth season with this bike, in which time I've put on almost 90K miles on her. Granted most of those miles have been commuting and long trips, but seat time nonetheless. Does my "normal" riding consist of doing 90 in curve marked for 45? Heck no. Do I want to ride in a group that will "normally" (=always) do that? No.

I would expect to ride in the third group (if there might be four groups). Originally I was expecting to ride in the last group, but it seems that that is the coveted group to be in seeing as how so many seem to want to ride back there.

I've ridden in small groups, but with no one from this forum that'll be on this ride. Will I be riding faster than I normally would? My goodness I sure hope so, isn't that the point? To expand your riding abilities. However there is always one thing at the top of my mind when I ride..... I HATE PAIN. So I try to avoid getting too close to that threshhold that might dish some out.

Have I said enough? Have I said too much?

Since we have such a large group and a lot of us are meeting for the first time, wheatie & I thought it would be a good idea to have a "emergency contact" list. I was going to have everyone provide their info. when we all got together for breakfast on Saturday, but thought it would more efficient to have it completed before hand. So, if everyone would be so kind to PM me with the following information: Name (first & last), Yr/Make/Model of bike they're going to be riding, emergency contact name and phone number(s). I'll put it all together & hand them out at breakfast. Thanks guys!

Since we have such a large group and a lot of us are meeting for the first time, wheatie & I thought it would be a good idea to have a "emergency contact" list. I was going to have everyone provide their info. when we all got together for breakfast on Saturday, but thought it would more efficient to have it completed before hand. So, if everyone would be so kind to PM me with the following information: Name (first & last), Yr/Make/Model of bike they're going to be riding, emergency contact name and phone number(s). I'll put it all together & hand them out at breakfast. Thanks guys!

Gramps and I aren't doing this to be nosy...just wanting to have info. in case it's needed. Obviously, if you feel strongly about not sharing that information with Marc/Gramps...then don't.

This info will just be shared with the ride leaders and will be tossed away after this ride for the people that don't want is to have that info. I totally vouch for Marc/Gramps and have no problem giving that information to him.

We obviously want only good riding fun to happen on Saturday...but want to be prepared if things don't turn out exactly like we plan.

If anybody wants to PM me about it, feel free to do so.

When I went into the witness protection program, they told not to be doing that kind of thing. :unsure:

Check the ICE # on my cell phone. If it doesn't survive, I probably didn't either, so no point in notifying anybody. Just leave me in the ditch for the 'yoties.

I always carry a card with all the necessary info (in case it's needed) in my Jacket pocket. I'll let you know which pocket...Also I.C.E. # on my cell :rolleyes:

I never thought you could ride motorcycles too much, but apparently I've pushed to that point for myself.

For the last 3 weeks I've been having a constant ache in my right arm that wont let me sleep without pain pills. After a few test and x-rays Doc says its "Forearm Tendonitis" and it sucks. Rest the arm and dont use it is the best medicine Doc says. Thats hard to do too!

No way this is gonna heal up by next week......so with much regret.....I gotta pull out. I hate sayin that, but don’t see any other choice.

Ya'll guys have fun!

I never thought you could ride motorcycles too much, but apparently I've pushed to that point for myself.

For the last 3 weeks I've been having a constant ache in my right arm that wont let me sleep without pain pills. After a few test and x-rays Doc says its "Forearm Tendonitis" and it sucks. Rest the arm and dont use it is the best medicine Doc says. Thats hard to do too!

No way this is gonna heal up by next week......so with much regret.....I gotta pull out. I hate sayin that, but don't see any other choice.

Ya'll guys have fun!
WOW. :blink:

Sorry to hear that Scott!

:(

I always carry a card with all the necessary info (in case it's needed) in my Jacket pocket. I'll let you know which pocket...Also I.C.E. # on my cell :rolleyes:
This info is also fine. It's up to you if you want to provide a contact or not.

No way this is gonna heal up by next week......so with much regret.....I gotta pull out. I hate sayin that, but don’t see any other choice.

Ya'll guys have fun!
fjrrider, boy you can be glad you didn't post this on Friday...Forearm Tendonitis eh, some would say, use the other hand/arm

some of the time. :lol: :lol:

Seriously, BUMMER, I was looking forward seeing you, it's been quite a while...Like the doc says, take it easy and rest that arm...

Ya'll guys have fun!
Had the same thing a couple of yeas ago. Of course, being the tough guy I am I toughed it out with out pain killers-- booze isn't a pain killer, right? Give it a rest and it will be fine. Sorry you won't make it. These are good roads and good guys; come on back next year.

No way this is gonna heal up by next week......so with much regret.....I gotta pull out. I hate sayin that, but don't see any other choice.

Ya'll guys have fun!
You need a lighter bike for single track old man... :)

Hey, since yer not goin, can I borrow that fancy video camera you've got?

Ya'll guys have fun!
You need a lighter bike for single track old man... :)

Hey, since yer not goin, can I borrow that fancy video camera you've got?

Yes Sir you can, gimme a ups ship to and I'll send it out ASAP!

Ya'll guys have fun!
So....who all from AR is coming besides Russ? Scott, are your other buddie's coming? They never posted up on this thread...

If they are coming, tell them to post up and confirm their attendance. This is getting to be a rather big rolling cluster fuk and I want to get a handle on who all is attending.

Sorry about your right wrist there Scott...I second what petey says and recommend alternating hands now and then if the going gets tough. ;)

Also...it's time for the fencesitters to get off the fence...are ya coming or not? :clapping:

"In Pencil" - maybe

extrememarine - Wayne

Scooper - Scooper

Joe2Lmaker - Joe?

stryg8er - Derek

fjrob1300 - Robert the Canuckian

Lots of fence sitters...post up now if yer gonna be able to make it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked to Joe (Joe2Lmaker) the weekend before last & at that time he said he was not coming.

I keep waiting for him to change his mind but it looks unlikely.

I talked to Joe (Joe2Lmaker) the weekend before last & at that time he said he was not coming.

That's too bad. Sorry Joe can't come.

I really feel sorry for anyone that does not do Hooterville atleast once. It's a long winter coming, and the smiles and memories from this upcoming ride help me to weather the months away from the bike.

Looking forward to this ride! :clapping:

That's too bad. Sorry Joe can't come.

I really feel sorry for anyone that does not do Hooterville atleast once. It's a long winter coming, and the smiles and memories from this upcoming ride help me to weather the months away from the bike.

Looking forward to this ride! :clapping:
I can't wait. Don't want to jinx things but tthe forecast is calling for 79 deg. and lots of sun. Perfect! We'll just have to watch out for all the beemers on their falling leaf rally that weekend.

Latest posts