2011 Hooterville 400

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait. Don't want to jinx things but tthe forecast is calling for 79 deg. and lots of sun. Perfect! We'll just have to watch out for all the beemers on their falling leaf rally that weekend.
...and remember to respect "Harley". Smitty almost got jumped by 300 elderly Hardly riders last fall at the Bixby Country Store that he had to pass on Cty P south of Potosi. :) They turned onto P in front of him at the light, and wouldn't move over as he came up behind them. Imagine that. ;)

:lol:

So....who all from AR is coming besides Russ? Scott, are your other buddie's coming? They never posted up on this thread...

If they are coming, tell them to post up and confirm their attendance. This is getting to be a rather big rolling cluster fuk and I want to get a handle on who all is attending.

Sorry about your right wrist there Scott...I second what petey says and recommend alternating hands now and then if the going gets tough. ;)

Also...it's time for the fencesitters to get off the fence...are ya coming or not? :clapping:

"In Pencil" - maybe

extrememarine - Wayne

Scooper - Scooper

Joe2Lmaker - Joe?

stryg8er - Derek

fjrob1300 - Robert the Canuckian

Lots of fence sitters...post up now if yer gonna be able to make it!
I think Glory, Russ and Phillip are all still planning to ride, as far as I know. I'll see if I can get them to post up.

I'vr tried alternating hands, cant seem to get the rhythm down! :lol:

If they want to ride with us, they should post up. It's not just the ride, it's also planning for Catfish Kettle and the dinner on Saturday night.

They don't have to be shy...we don't bite. And even if we did, they should be used to that, they're from Arkansas. :clapping:

I also have no problem with them riding in their own "special" group ...going the opposite direction of the loop. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait. Don't want to jinx things but tthe forecast is calling for 79 deg. and lots of sun. Perfect! We'll just have to watch out for all the beemers on their falling leaf rally that weekend.
...and remember to respect "Harley". Smitty almost got jumped by 300 elderly Hardly riders last fall at the Bixby Country Store that he had to pass on Cty P south of Potosi. :) They turned onto P in front of him at the light, and wouldn't move over as he came up behind them. Imagine that. ;)

Dont be mad at the elderly harley riders. Fell sorry for them for not having the slightest clue that they should move over.

Please add one more to the list. My buddy (I know... it's hard to believe I actually have a friend) Ken is planning to join us. He rides a C-10 and doesn't hang out on the forum...yet. I am trying to convert him.

For now just give him the handle "K.C."

So run off another map and set one more place at the table. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please add one more to the list. My buddy (I know... it's hard to believe I actually have a friend) Ken is planning to join us. He rides a C-10 and doesn't hang out on the forum...yet. I am trying to convert him.

For now just give him the handle "K.C."

So run off another map and set one more place at the table. :)
I'll believe it when I see it.

If he doesn't show, I'll know you were just yanking my chain.

:D

My hope is the Hooter ride is fun, and safe, with faast phucks and faat sloow phucks too.

My hope is ya'll stay inclusive - not all peeps can keep up with Wheatie when the 'roids are itchy! :lol:

..and this ride is one I MUST do, some day...

:****:

Hugs n' Kisses

(TWN)

My hope is the Hooter ride is fun, and safe, with faast phucks and faat sloow phucks too.

My hope is ya'll stay inclusive -
This ride is definitely inclusive. Smitty included me in the first one that I attended back in 2006...it doesn't matter how fast you ride.

Newer riders just have to remember that there are some pretty darn good riders that attend this thing (not me)....and DO NOT for any reason try to keep up with the rider in front of you.

Bad decision if you do, because he may take that blind decreasing downhill left hander faster than you are able or used to. - so just ride with a little less pace than you are used to, as you will be on roads you've never been on before. 8/10 is more funnerer than 11/10 with an ambulance ride attached.

We wait at all the turns to gather at the turns...so no reason to take that same surprise turn at the same pace as the person you've never ridden with before. Everybody just does their own thing...that way everybody stays happy. :)

Great roads, Catfish Kettle, Big D's Bar-B-Q, and supper together at the end of a great day! :yahoo:

Hooterville weather forecast :yahoo:

Friday

Oct 7

Mostly Sunny

Hi:79°Lo:56°

Mostly Sunny. High 79F and low 56F. Winds SE at 11 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA

0%

Saturday

Oct 8

Partly Cloudy

Hi:76°Lo:54°

Partly Cloudy. High 76F and low 54F. Winds SE at 11 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA

0%

Sunday

Oct 9

Sunny (Clear)

Hi:76°Lo:56°

Sunny. High 76F and low 56F. Winds S at 8 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA

May not need the heated gear! Yehaw... :yahoo:

Contact info sent and a PM to Mark, am almost ready... no hotel picked.

A friend of mine (Jack..... yes zzzip I have a friend too :eek: ) is trying to come with me to Hooterville, but isn't sure if he can get off on Friday, yet. :unsure:

I'm taking my worn RS & Avon off and putting new PR2s on.

See you guys down there Friday afternoon/evening. :clapping:

I'll probably slab it down so I can do the first part of the route to the Bixby Country Store...if my work doesn't force me to attend a meeting in Peoria Friday morning.

Well, getting pretty close now...only a few days away! :yahoo:

Remember, we are looking to do Catfish Kettle at about 6pm for those that can make it that early. I will head over there to reserve some space at about 5:30pm.

For those that cannot make it that early...I would still recommend eating there...great food! It's Smitty recommended. :)

Latest posts