2011 SW-FOG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been able to attend any of the FJR meets, but I think tentatively this one I can do! I'm gonna go ahead and make the reservation and hope to see you all in a few months.

I've never explored that part of the country so it will all be new to me!
You will definately enjoy. Just remember to keep an open mind and roll with it. :yahoo:

https://www.cumbrestoltec.com/ Just a footnote, if there is enough interest, we can incorporate a ride on the steam train out of Chama, New Mexico at 10am on Wednesday, September 7. We will want to book up our tickets for this by at least Fourth of July.

banner0003_crop600x325_2931637145.jpg
That train ride is GREAT - and you should all go!

I'm going to check to see if this time frame is acceptable to work - It would be a mad dash..
Mi Querido Amigo Donaldo, Sure hope that you can make SW-FOG this year.

On August 1 I'll conduct a Forum poll on who wants to go on the train ride.

I haven't been able to attend any of the FJR meets, but I think tentatively this one I can do! I'm gonna go ahead and make the reservation and hope to see you all in a few months.

You will definately enjoy. Just remember to keep an open mind and roll with it. :yahoo:
That is outstanding news fljab that you will be able to attend SW-FOG 2011.

We all have a great time and the day rides are in the most amazing scenery.

If Old Michael asks you to pull his finger, don't do it. Same goes with HRZ!

THIS ^ Just made up my mind ! (That and the pics)

Mind if I join you Jim? Those roads out there look mighty bent up though- I guess I can use my emergency flashers,

and everyone can go around me. Dog-gone... there seems to be an up and down pattern too. :eek: What are those? Hills?

I'm in too !

THIS ^ Just made up my mind ! (That and the pics)

Mind if I join you Jim? Those roads out there look mighty bent up though- I guess I can use my emergency flashers,

and everyone can go around me. Dog-gone... there seems to be an up and down pattern too. :eek: What are those? Hills?

I'm in too !
Tony, very glad to hear that you will be attending SW-FOG 2011!!

Don't know why I've been putting it off since I've been planning to attend all year, but I finally made my reservations!

COSFJR and I will be there

[q

Tony, very glad to hear that you will be attending SW-FOG 2011!!
Don- Been to Phoenix 2 times in the last 14 months and have yet to meet you...

I need to pick your brain for some more advice concerning Mexico. AND some guy

named Barry (Bust) twisted my arm at the CFO. Simply no choice....
That is so different, usually Bustanut joker attempts to twist dicks!

Anything you need to know about Mexico, just ask your Tio Chuy!

Looks like you'll be partying with out me.

I'll have been back from NERDS just days before this gig starts -

..and I'm a working stiff

:****:

Ya mean if a person has a job, its kind of a pain to go to a FJR meet in the middle of the week cuz of all the vacation time it uses up?

Shit...Its too bad no one ever mentioned that before. I was looking for a way to throw a meaningful f-bomb in here and just couldn't pull it off. ****.

Well, apparently being in the middle of the week has not stopped KiloWatts from riding all the way from Colorado to attend our friendly SW-FOG. Welcome aboard Kent. Time is getting closer, so I'll start getting the official numbers from Cheryl and let everyone know where we stand in participants.

Dan

Good 'ol phroenips and COSFJR are now signed up to attend. Our numbers are growing pretty fast, just like last year.

I have not been on the Forum much lately, but I do hope HRZ is going to be there, even with his constant whining of the mid-week discussion.

Dan

https://www.cumbrestoltec.com/ Just a footnote, if there is enough interest, we can incorporate a ride on the steam train out of Chama, New Mexico at 10am on Wednesday, September 7. We will want to book up our tickets for this by at least Fourth of July.

I'm going to check to see if this time frame is acceptable to work - It would be a mad dash..

While living in Albuquerque I took my family on the Chama train ride. It was very scenic and fun. I remember it was an all day thing.

Ya mean if a person has a job, its kind of a pain to go to a FJR meet in the middle of the week cuz of all the vacation time it uses up?

Shit...Its too bad no one ever mentioned that before. I was looking for a way to throw a meaningful f-bomb in here and just couldn't pull it off. ****.
Hang in there, HRZ, you'll be the first f-bomber sometime, jes keep tryin, k'? :p

Good 'ol phroenips and COSFJR are now signed up to attend. Our numbers are growing pretty fast, just like last year.

I have not been on the Forum much lately, but I do hope HRZ is going to be there, even with his constant whining of the mid-week discussion.

Dan
Don't sweat it too much Big Dan, HotRodZilla's monthly period only lasts just a few days and he is right back to normal: After AJ's "Red Witch" flies out of town. Midol helps him out a lot also!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hang in there, HRZ, you'll be the first f-bomber sometime, jes keep tryin, k'? :p
I just can't believe how worked up you two get over this "work thing"! You don't see Fairlaner, Niehart, Big-D, SkooterG or Papa Chuy sweating this "work thing"!

While living in Albuquerque I took my family on the Chama train ride. It was very scenic and fun. I remember it was an all day thing.
Dan is correct, the full train's an all day thing. The shortest route is below and it still consumes 6 hours. Full ride is nine hours long.

#6 Chama to Osier; Return/Train

Daily from 10 AM to 4:05 PM

Well, apparently being in the middle of the week has not stopped KiloWatts from riding all the way from Colorado to attend our friendly SW-FOG. Welcome aboard Kent. Time is getting closer, so I'll start getting the official numbers from Cheryl and let everyone know where we stand in participants.

Dan
Reservations are made. Looking forward to riding with some new FJR friends - might even spring for a round of "cold ones" - who knows. And thanks, Big-D, and others for your work in setting-up this gathering.

KW

Latest posts