2012 Breaks Interstate Camping Trip, May 18-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Lord, Steve is backing out? How screwed is that! I was so looking forward to Canadian beer. Rte 16 is giving you a wave.
It's strictly a timing issue. May 30 was the only day this season I could get in for the FAST school (it was a new addition to the schedule, all of the other courses are booked) I'll see Rt16 again and a few others on the way down to, and back from, EOM.

I'm stoked to be doing the FAST school. Something I've always wanted to do. You know how some people want to parachute or ride roller coasters or something. This is mine :D

I'll be riding a 2011 R6 and be instructed by Micheal Mercier (3 time Cdn Superbike Champion) and some of his cronies. I plan on scarring the bejebuz out of myself!

Not to worry, I'll be bringing down some of the good Cdn stuff for you in Sept!

Just reserved a tent site for 5/17 at Hungry Mother. Tent C There are 7 sites left for that night. I don't know what there policy is on multiple tents per site. It is specified, but 1 vehicle per site is. Anyway, if the site can be shared I will split with someone.

Just reserved a tent site for 5/17 at Hungry Mother. Tent C There are 7 sites left for that night. I don't know what there policy is on multiple tents per site. It is specified, but 1 vehicle per site is. Anyway, if the site can be shared I will split with someone.
I just called someone about the campsites...She said that as long as you can fit on a 20' x 20' pad, that you can double up. So I will split yer site with ya if thats ok.

I just called someone about the campsites...She said that as long as you can fit on a 20' x 20' pad, that you can double up. So I will split yer site with ya if thats ok.
Cool. Splitsville baby!

Cool. Splitsville baby!
Bob, how much are the sites & what # site are you @ so I can reserve for Jay & me? Please text my phone. My computer time is very limited right now, Heidi

Realized today I am not recovered enough physically for the ride. I will be on the lookout for the next opportunity to get together. Enjoy...

Realized today I am not recovered enough physically for the ride. I will be on the lookout for the next opportunity to get together. Enjoy...
Sorry to hear that. Continue to heal. A good decision on your part if you are not quite there. Some of the roads we will be riding are physically demanding. There will be plenty more area rides. I have made a weekend of Marlinton, WV Pioneer Days for the last three years staying at the Old Clark Inn. Pioneer Days 2012 Might be a good one to shoot for.

Sorry to hear that the recovery is not going as well as you'd hoped it would have. There will be many more rides this year. So continue to heal, and maybe we'll catch you on another trip.

Take care,

Joe

Ok, one week until I leave... last call for routes that have been checked for dirt roads. PM me with an email address & I will send them.

& so looking forward to this trip. I will see Joe, Bob (Janet????) & Art on Thursday. The rest of you folks, I will see on Friday. Safe trip to all.

7 days 13 hours before I saddle up and head to Breaks. :yahoo: I'm SO looking forward to this trip. Things have been WAY hectic for me lately and I need some time to decompress.

Heidi, I'd love to check out the routes you have made. I'll send you my email. I'm not familiar with the area and I'm a novice route planner at best. I'll take what you send me and put them in my 665 so if we go that way I'll be prepared. Im sure it will not matter to me which route we end up on. If I'm riding I'm happy. :rolleyes:

To those of you that are doing the Ramble, ride safe I'm looking forward to meeting new friends. See ya on friday :drinks:

Bryan

Ok, one week until I leave... last call for routes that have been checked for dirt roads. PM me with an email address & I will send them.

& so looking forward to this trip. I will see Joe, Bob (Janet????) & Art on Thursday. The rest of you folks, I will see on Friday. Safe trip to all.
New tires going on tomorrow. I'm leaving Wednesday and taking the twistie, 2 day route to HMSP.See ya's on Thursday @ HMSP. :yahoo:

New tires going on tomorrow. I'm leaving Wednesday and taking the twistie, 2 day route to HMSP.See ya's on Thursday @ HMSP. :yahoo:
:yahoo: See you at HMSP Thursday Art...have a great ride down

I need a break too. Work's going have my head spinning until I land at the airport about this time next week. Probably won't even be able to get packed until Thursday morning. Oh well.

Anyway, for all you guys going to HMSP Thursday night - what's your plan for Friday? You heading for Breaks right away hoping to set up camp or are you going spend Friday riding the area with your gear and set up later. I'll probably be stopping west of Breaks (and maybe Blrfjr) about the same distance away and can meet up with wherever you guys are gonna be by noon or so Friday.