2012 Hooterville/Arkansas ride - October 4-7

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feeling ambitious? That's a lot of miles on those roads. But you could always cut off Push Mountain if you're tired or run it the the other way to get it in. If you want me to reverse the route for you let me know. I'm sure I don't need to say its not a solo route IMHO.

Not intending on riding solo. If no one else wants to do the 500, then I won't either. Was just asking. Afterall, that route is posted as an option.

I was thinking about it too but I'm staying a couple extra days so ill have time to hit a bunch.

Just downloaded all the routes. Wow, that was easy! Thanks a bunch Marty for all the work, and you too Mark.

I'm going to miss out on the catfish kettle Thursday but I'll see everybody bright and early Friday Morning at the motel.

I was thinking about it too but I'm staying a couple extra days so ill have time to hit a bunch.

Just downloaded all the routes. Wow, that was easy! Thanks a bunch Marty for all the work, and you too Mark.

I'm going to miss out on the catfish kettle Thursday but I'll see everybody bright and early Friday Morning at the motel.
Hey Will...yer leading Group A (in case you didn't know :D )....so try to be there at 7am or before if you could.

I'd like to day a few choice words to the group before we head out...and want to make sure YOU'RE included. :lol:

Seriously...this looks to be a rockin' good time if everybody plays nice and minds their Ps & Qs while out on the road. I'm just hopin' I don't do my usual bad pass in front of everybody. ;)

Regarding the 500 mile route...as long as 2 or more people are interested...I say GO FOR IT! You'll just need to leave by 7am and make the stops real quick...think SS type riding. Just make sure you let me know Friday night before I turn in...so I don't have to wonder where people are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Will...yer leading Group A (in case you didn't know :D )....so try to be there at &am or before if you could.

I'd like to day a few choice words to the group before we head out...and want to make sure YOU'RE included. :lol:

Seriously...this looks to be a rockin' good time if everybody plays nice and minds their Ps & Qs while out on the road. I'm just hopin' I don't do my usual bad pass in front of everybody. ;)

Regarding the 500 mile route...as long as 2 or more people are interested...I say GO FOR IT! You'll just need to leave by 7am and make the stops real quick...think SS type riding. Just make sure you let me know Friday night before I turn in...so I don't have to wonder where people are.
Ahhhhh...........don't worry about the bad pass so much as "Wheatons Curve" on 27 there just south of Marshall! :lol:

I plan on doing the 500 mile ride, so if there are some others that want to ride it as well.....good deal! We might want to go over the route maybe Friday night, there's a short cut avoiding downtown Clarksville you really want to take. Plan on eating in Oark if you can, great food! Elly Mae maybe there, you don't want to miss that! I won't have a map or even a map machine, but I'm sure at least one of you guys will.

Se y'all Friday

I plan on doing the 500 mile ride, so if there are some others that want to ride it as well.....good deal! We might want to go over the route maybe Friday night, there's a short cut avoiding downtown Clarksville you really want to take. Plan on eating in Oark if you can, great food! Elly Mae maybe there, you don't want to miss that! I won't have a map or even a map machine, but I'm sure at least one of you guys will.

Se y'all Friday
I saw that shortcut. I can alter the route on Friday night for gps's if you want. It's just that right turn before Clarksville right?

Mark pointed out the Farmington to Clinton with NO Push Mountain route I had on the download site was a little off. All the files have been updated as of now. 8:30pm CST 9/30/12

CLICK

I'll have my laptop, USB cables, and SD cards with me if there are any last minute changes.

Marty, you're GPX files didn't work on my GPS. But thankfully your S&T file was flawless as far as my GPS is concerned.

Does your updated downloads also include updated S&T? Also I went back and checked those files you downloaded on my GPS at CFO and only one route worked. Go figure. So if there is any on-the-spot updating I'm afraid I won't benefit from it. :(

OK, I see now it does. :) Soon to be parked on the "map machine". :)

So all is good? That's why I put them up in different formats. Sometimes Garmin devices have a hard time with gpx files from S&T. Not sure why but is a verified issue.

Se y'all Friday
I saw that shortcut. I can alter the route on Friday night for gps's if you want. It's just that right turn before Clarksville right?
Yeah...that would be great. I had us routing through Clarksville before I knew Oark had both gas and food.

Se y'all Friday
Yeah...that would be great. I had us routing through Clarksville before I knew Oark had both gas and food.
I altered the 500 miler to add the shortcut. I also added a "400 Mi-B-w stops" file that incorporates the shortcut to avoid Clarksville too. S&T imports the GPX fine but Garmin is throwing a weird little loop when you make the right onto 103. I can't force it not to. It's no big deal, just turn right if your GPS throws this in there.

WeirdLoop.jpg

Se y'all Friday
Yeah, as your headed south on Hwy 21, its a right turn onto CR4400, (its easy to miss as there is only one small little blue County Road sign) then another right onto CR3390.it comes out onto Hwy 103. There happens to be a gas station on the right, about a mile after you turn onto hwy 103.

Going thru Clarksville is OK, just alot of traffic, stop signs, traffic lights etc.....

Se y'all Friday
Yeah, as your headed south on Hwy 21, its a right turn onto CR4400, (its easy to miss as there is only one small little blue County Road sign) then another right onto CR3390.it comes out onto Hwy 103. There happens to be a gas station on the right, about a mile after you turn onto hwy 103.

Going thru Clarksville is OK, just alot of traffic, stop signs, traffic lights etc.....
There is a "Trinity Baptist Church" sign at the turn. If you do miss it, there is a country convenience store just past where you can turn around. This short cut is highly suggested as it avoids all of the Clarksville crap and drops you off just before the good stuff on 103.

The way it looks right now, We will head out in the morning and run down 7 and 123 and then meet up with the group at the old store in Pelsor. Ride with the group to Lunch at Oark (just cause you oughta) and then ride till Push. Do Push both north and south (just cause you oughta) and then probably break away from the group and follow 14 back to Marble Falls.

So...Be on the lookout for a Red VFR1200 two up traveling the speed limit!

(Curious to see what Petey's bike looks like in the rear view mirror and from behind)

The way it looks right now, We will head out in the morning and run down 7 and 123 and then meet up with the group at the old store in Pelsor...
When you say "we", I assume you and your SO...not you and Scott.

Nevermind, just read the rest of your post...I presume Scott is not riding bitch on the back of your leanier VFR1200. :D

Yes sir, myself and Ellen will be on the lenier VFR.

I have toted Scott for about 30 miles as a pillion...aint doin that again!