2012 Hooterville/Arkansas ride - October 4-7

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way it looks right now, We will head out in the morning and run down 7 and 123 and then meet up with the group at the old store in Pelsor...
When you say "we", I assume you and your SO...not you and Scott.

Nevermind, just read the rest of your post...I presume Scott is not riding bitch on the back of your leanier VFR1200. :D
No.....I've rode on the back with GR one time over in West Virginia, not interested in doing that again! I've only had one other male ride "BITCH" with me....lets see, who was that? Ohhh yeah.....it was you wheaty!

I'll be staying at the BW in Clinton, Friday and Saturday night.

I've had to change plans, and skip this ride. Maybe next year. Have fun. :angry:

Wow...sorry to hear that Skip.

I haven't heard anything from KSFJR recently...I wonder if Chester is still coming. :unsure:

...I've only had one other male ride "BITCH" with me....lets see, who was that? Ohhh yeah.....it was you wheaty!
Yeah, as fun as that ride was...not hoping to do that again. :lol:

Hey guys, anybody still looking to share/split the room in Clinton, for Friday and Satuday? my roomy Old Pilot had to back out as well because of a bad cold...

Hey guys, anybody still looking to share/split the room in Clinton, for Friday and Satuday? my roomy Old Pilot had to back out as well because of a bad cold...
Pete, check with TripperMike I think he might still be looking.

It is a bit nipply this morning and forecasted to be colder this weekend. (mid 40's - mid 60's) Layer on some warm clothing and/or check that your heated gear is working properly.

Going to have to drop out on this one. Things just are not lineing up.

And my #@%&* coffee maker broke!

What's wrong with the duck?? Bring dat.

Not enough meat on the rear tire for Arkansas, plus some other stuff happening.
Wow...that is a bummer Karl. Sorry about that...hope it isn't serious...like Beeemerdons crashing at your pad or something like that. That would be brutal.

Seriously though...sorry you can't make it.

It is a bit nipply this morning and forecasted to be colder this weekend. (mid 40's - mid 60's) Layer on some warm clothing and/or check that your heated gear is working properly.
Says the Arkansite to the 'sotans. :lol: That's normal June weather for them. :clapping:

Seriously though, thanks for looking out for us. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

What's wrong with the duck?? Bring dat.

Not enough meat on the rear tire for Arkansas, plus some other stuff happening.
Wow...that is a bummer Karl. Sorry about that...hope it isn't serious...like Beeemerdons crashing at your pad or something like that. That would be brutal.

Seriously though...sorry you can't make it.

Not serious stuff, just needful stuff.

I'm going to miss a great meet, but Arkansas isn't going anywhere.

Well, you take care of business...and get 'em next time.

Chester/KSFJR has also has a conflict so he won't be there either.

Going to update the lists in the first post.

Says the Arkansite to the 'sotans. :lol: That's normal June weather for them. :clapping:
Yep, forgot about all the northerner folk.

This is the first cold snap of the season for us. I know, mid 40's may not be considered cold to some, but my heated gear will be a crankin! May be wishin I was ridin the FJR again as well.

Yep, forgot about all the northerner folk.

This is the first cold snap of the season for us. I know, mid 40's may not be considered cold to some, but my heated gear will be a crankin! May be wishin I was ridin the FJR again as well.
Oh, my heated gear will be crankin' too...no doubt about that. :)

Well, a few riders have had to drop out recently for various reasons, so here is the latest line up:

Friday (8 riders)

Group A Hooterville to Arkansas

• Builderwill- Will
  • ShowMeMo-Scott
  • Gramps-Marc
  • rydtym-Gary
Group B Hootervillle to Arkansas

• wheatonFJR-Mark
  • griff-Carl
  • TripperMike-Mike
  • 0Face-Marty

Saturday (12 riders)

Group A Arkansas

• Builderwill- Will
  • fjrrider-Scott
  • petey-Peter
  • GloryRacing- Mark (meet along the way)
Group B Arkansas

• Gramps-Marc
  • ShowMeMo-Scott
  • rydtym-Gary
  • 0Face-Marty
  • Jeffs-Jeff

Group C Arkansas

• wheatonFJR-Mark
  • griff-Carl
  • TripperMike-Mike
There are only three riders in Group C for Saturday now. Anybody from Group B want to ride in the back of the bus with us slow pokes in Group C? ;)

Anybody from Group B want to ride in the back of the bus with us slow pokes in Group C? ;)
You guys ain't slow pokes, you're just "mature riders". :p

Sorry to hear you can't make it Karl. Cya next year for sure.

Heading out tomorrow morning before 8am, meeting up with Marty in Iowa City for lunch.

See you all in Farmington Thursday night. Everyone travel safe.

If group "A" (Saturday) is doing the 500 mile loop I'll have to hook up with a different group. 500m is too much like work, not fun for this old man :p

Last edited by a moderator: