2012 SE Ohio Ramble - May 11-14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you have been doing a lot of heavy lifting already organizing this ride. Hoisting a cold one in Caldwell at the end of the day will be the easy part.

Please PM me your email addy if you want files to load into your GPS.

Right now I have gpx files of both loops, and have a gdb file of Saturday's east loop. I don't have the gdb constructed yet of Sunday's west loop, but if you are in a hurry you could construct one yourself from the gpx file and the maps and turn directions posted in Post #1.

So far, I only have email addies from the following riders...

John d

Moosehead

BikerGeek

gray ray

Bungie

AbercrombieFJR

PhilJet09

DesignFlaw06

As ALWAYS...the maps and turn directions are the OFFICIAL Ramble route. GPS files may or may not be official or correct as they vary, depending on YOUR gps preferences. Therefore, make sure your gps file is checked against the official route details listed in POST #1.

Ramble gdb files emailed.

If anybody else wants the files, let me know in the next day or so...or else you will need to PM one of the people above and beg for them...on your knees.

What group amI in if I show up? They will probably make me lead again without a GPS!
Those bastards! :lol:

You're in Group I (no that doesn't stand for idiots)...Intech.

Seriously though, you can PM me if and when you know. I'll make sure you get a seat at the dance. :D

Try to bring some tires with tread on them this time. Don't want to hear some lame excuses about slippery tires in the rain or other bs...

:p
I have a new set of PR2's and a new suspension. It will be a hoot. I have some work things going on that may take me out of the next weekend. If that happens I am in for the full boat. If not I still am possible for Saturday.

What group amI in if I show up? They will probably make me lead again without a GPS!
"If" you show up??

That'd be the "Beer Beeahtch" group. Just for being non-committal and shit.

:p
I may show up just so I can get another picture of you flipping me off!

P1000667.jpg

I have never noticed that before. Geek flips people off Canadian style. Must be his proximity to the border...

Funny the things you notice - Frostbacks do it as you see Geek doing it, American do it like Carver here, using the other fingers to block to the second knuckle.

IMG_1179.jpg

Wait a minute! I must get flipped off a lot to notice something like that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never noticed that before. Geek flips people off Canadian style. Must be his proximity to the border...

Funny the things you notice - Frostbacks do it as you see Geek doing it, Americans do it like Carver here, using the other fingers to block to the second knuckle.
Not this American. I do the full frontal Geek.

Funny the things you notice - Frostbacks do it as you see Geek doing it, Americans do it like Carver here, using the other fingers to block to the second knuckle.
Not this American. I do the full frontal Geek.
Carver's doing it ghey Kalifornia style.

Duh.

This is the right weekend for the Ramble.

I just got notification that the weekend following the Ramble there is going to be a Poker Run in Hocking Hills, which means there will be a shit-ton of bikes around there that weekend.

I just got notification that the weekend following the Ramble there is going to be a Poker Run in Hocking Hills, which means there will be a shit-ton of bikes around there that weekend.
Phew...that was a close one. :rolleyes:

Thanks to El Toro Joe for scheduling the Campout on the same weekend as the original Ramble weekend! :clapping: Thanks for bailing my @ss out there Joe! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Please PM me your email addy if you want files to load into your GPS.

Right now I have gpx files of both loops, and have a gdb file of Saturday's east loop. I don't have the gdb constructed yet of Sunday's west loop, but if you are in a hurry you could construct one yourself from the gpx file and the maps and turn directions posted in Post #1.

So far, I only have email addies from the following riders...

John d

Moosehead

BikerGeek

gray ray

Bungie

AbercrombieFJR

PhilJet09

DesignFlaw06

As ALWAYS...the maps and turn directions are the OFFICIAL Ramble route. GPS files may or may not be official or correct as they vary, depending on YOUR gps preferences. Therefore, make sure your gps file is checked against the official route details listed in POST #1.

Ramble gdb files emailed.

If anybody else wants the files, let me know in the next day or so...or else you will need to PM one of the people above and beg for them...on your knees.

rumor has it that a GPS is on the way for me as an aniversary present

so I'll be looking to get those gps files sent to me

I hope I'm not getting my hopes up for nothing

Phew...that was a close one. :rolleyes:

Thanks to El Toro Joe for scheduling the Campout on the same weekend as the original Ramble weekend! :clapping: Thanks for bailing my @ss out there Joe! :D
Mark, sometimes things just workout that way...wish I could do both days

The fella that I work with - the nerd on the Buell - is looking at coming over Friday and riding Saturday.

If there is anyone who would be willing to split a room on Friday night, please PM me and I'll get you in touch with the nerd.