2012 SE Ohio Ramble - May 11-14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do not want to miss the good stuff on the second day's route. :yahoo:
Amen to that!

All the good stuff in the Hocking Hills,356 heading back to Athens,376 and 78 in Morgan county,the best part of 555,and finishing the day off with the twisty curves on freshly paved 339 from Beverly to Dexter City. :)

This route could be the poster child for S.E.O. riding!

Last edited by a moderator:
That'll be tough for you, unless Griff rides in circles getting outta the hotel parking lot, too.
That might happen if Mapsux tells me the route is complete as I leave the parking lot. Done that before. :blink:
Yup, me too.. same time as you as well... NERDS. Mine didn't start following until we were a good 5 miles into it.

O K I'm all in. Just booked a room at The Hotel De Caldwell. See you all Friday afternoon. I'll be two up, so may need to ride with the B riders.

Screw the B rider group. Maybe we should be in the F class what with all the Makers Mark the night before. :rolleyes:

I think I'm gonna try to earn a SS1000 IBA on the way out. Will there be anybody of unquestionable integrity :crazy: willing to certify my ride late Friday afternoon when I arrive. If theres no one is available with the unquestionable integrity I'll settle for any body. Guess I shouldn't be too fussy since I don't think I've met any of you guys yet. :D

I should be at the hotel sometime in the late afternoon, but so will a few other folks. If you'd like I can send you my phone # so you can text me your ETA once you get close

That sounds like a good plan. Or if there is a gas station near the Hotel I can just swing in grab someone to sign off and get my final reciept of the trip. I'm not sure if the area and availablity of getting a dated, time stamped reciept near the hotel.

It looks like there is a BP next to the hotel. I"ll just swing into the hotel and nab someone if their available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking at the long range forecast, looks perfect but a little chilly Sat. morning.

Just looking at the long range forecast, looks perfect but a little chilly Sat. morning.
It warms up pretty quickly down there...besides you'll be having to much fun to notice the cold
Look at where I'm from. Cold I can deal with. It's the heat that knocks the hell out of me.

At least I won't have to deal with the Polar Bears down there.

It warms up pretty quickly down there...besides you'll be having to much fun to notice the cold
Look at where I'm from. Cold I can deal with. It's the heat that knocks the hell out of me.

At least I won't have to deal with the Polar Bears down there.
That's what I was wondering...46 degrees F is not chilly, even for us on the north coast of Ohio

Not cool. Now you've cursed us. Some weird 100 year storm is going to slam dunk us for sure...

naw.. keep in mind, that's a week away, from a forecast in another country. It's gonna be spectacular.

Besides, when has the perfect storm ever stopped us?

Back hard at work on a Monday morning. So I was googling the Best Western in Caldwell. Google places it up the road away by the fairgrounds. Street view verifies it's NOT by the fairgrounds. Street view verifies it's at the main intersection.

I plan on pulling out of Sudbury at the crack of **** all and will try to be at the hotel for 7-8pm. The big variable is the border crossing.

Ya know, if I didn't have those two big ass lakes directly between me and Caldwell, it'd be an easy day ride down.

Back hard at work on a Monday morning. So I was googling the Best Western in Caldwell. Google places it up the road away by the fairgrounds. Street view verifies it's NOT by the fairgrounds. Street view verifies it's at the main intersection.

I plan on pulling out of Sudbury at the crack of **** all and will try to be at the hotel for 7-8pm. The big variable is the border crossing.

Ya know, if I didn't have those two big ass lakes directly between me and Caldwell, it'd be an easy day ride down.
See you there...we'll have a cold one waitin for ya