2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had a call from the dealer, he said that the Yamaha Rep will have a delivery date for me on Friday........

R

I just had a call from the dealer, he said that the Yamaha Rep will have a delivery date for me on Friday........

R
I'm sure it will still be way less than my 5-month wait upon ordering my '13 Beemer. Good thing we have winter to chill us out!
I'm curious too. My dealer still says January, Feburary or March for my '13. He did not have one on allocation though.

I waited 6 months on my '05 after I ordered it. Only saw one, never sat on one when I ordered it. Worried for 6 months if I did the right thing. At least this time I know what to expect.

I spoke to another dealer the other day and they said they have 7 on order, my thought is that i will just get it from there it they get theres in first.

R

I spoke to another dealer the other day and they said they have 7 on order, my thought is that i will just get it from there it they get theres in first.

R
Ya oughta get TWO, Richard. Sell one on eBay.

biggrin.gif

R
Ya oughta get TWO, Richard. Sell one on eBay.

biggrin.gif
Actually, a MUCH better plan would be to let me unselfishly keep the second one in my garage for you, in case you ever need spare parts for the first one. I promise never to ride it.

Wouldn't buy a bike anywhere else. My local small town dealer has become a good friend after 10+ years and 5 new bikes. They've always taken great care of me.

With this economy, small dealers are in a real bind with the manufacturers over sales volumes. At least this is one more Yamaha he's sold and one he doesn't have to floor plan.

I was tied up at the ofice when the '13's came out. We did the deal over the phone, including trade in price for my C14, only took about 5 minutes. No deposit, just asked him to order it.

Hey folks, Mid Ohio Yamaha will have one of these babies in the showroom in

December. When I know what date for sure, I will let you know. Oh, and by the way, I now work there, so the info is from the horses mouth.
I was told the first week or two of November you guys would get one in. Jim must be jerkin my chain. ;)

Thiels and All Seasons are expecting theirs in December. The service manager for the Fair Oaks Dealer up near Cleveland has staked his claim on their first arrival.

My bad, It looks like around the middle of November per the Kevin. When it comes in I will post.
Cool, thanks. My checkbook is growing anxious. :devil:

Gents, I have been following the announcements here in Europe, and have been in the fortunate position to check out the new FJR at the Intermot. This is most definately going to be my new FJR. Checking up on technical details I just stumbled across the first downloadable Owners manual of the RP23 model.

This contains the detailed technical specs in chapter 8.

Unfortunately the only available document at this time is Swedish (!), but you can still make out the figures...

The manual can be downloaded here: https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/services/owner-manuals/index.aspx