2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that manual looks to be only available in Swedish....And you know how I feel about them..

RoyalRichard.jpg

R
Do tell... :lol:

Damn yer getting good at that, bust.....
No he aint...he's still just slightly off average. He just messed with fairlaner's post and pasted it to a brilliant work by OM. Standing on the shoulders of giants is what he is.

BTW, what is this thread about?

Oh yeah...RadioHowie and his brilliant comment...I think.

... Unfortunately the only available document at this time is Swedish ...
that manual looks to be only available in Swedish....

R
I guess read is hard. :p
HeHe, i guess the problem is having to read more than 1 line.......

On a better note i got another call from the dealer earlier this evening and he informed me that he had just seen the Yamaha rep and he told him that some dealerships had been allocated 2013 FJR's but NOT all of them, and lucky for me they were allocated one (MIne), still don't have a date yet but that should be known on Friday......

Watch this space.

R

... Unfortunately the only available document at this time is Swedish ...
that manual looks to be only available in Swedish....

R
I guess read is hard. :p
If it was available in English, he'd apparently still be screwed. :D
Right you are gixxerjasen, since Richard only can speak "Norwich" - a completely unintelligible and incomprehensible language! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Last edited by a moderator:
He just messed with fairlaner's post and pasted it to a brilliant work by OM. Standing on the shoulders of giants is what he is.

So right Mark.. I merely took advantage of the micks most excellent photochop skillz.

I spend way too much time editing real stuff an the guy still boots me arse. :lol:

the triumph in not here in the states so no major input yet from the people.

the magazines love it, but they love all bikes really. i think you'll find the Triumph is a really nice bike.

It's shaping up to be a very exciting upcoming riding year.

New FJR's, T/T's and K1600's are going to make for some really cool and interesting (should I add-in diverse?) socializing sessions! Looking forward to the '13 upcoming rides-n-meets. :yahoo:

And since this is an FJR Forum, I claim all pre-bragging rights to the new G3-Feej ...sorry Gen1 lovers, I know this is like a knife going in, but progress is a good thing :p

Did they change the genII exhaust? I was under the impression the cats were upstream in the crossover area..
That's what the whole "Gen 2 cats in the muffler behind the real cats upstream of the crossover" discussion has been about.

Wayne can answer this question once and for all for the "Show Me and I'll believe it" crowd...on his wrecked muffler.
Well I can confirm there are another set of cats in the GEN II exhaust. Seen them with my on eyes. Trying to get a picture is a real bitch. They are at the end of the small pipe in the cone shape section. My original set is on the bench covered up. I currently run the more efficiant GEN I exhaust with the trooper mod. :p

Dave

Saw the new 2013 FJR at our dealers this morning and liked the looks. The fairing is wider than GenIIs but doesn't have that "whaleshark" look like the Concourse. The various switches on the bars are going to require some re-education because of the new added functions, but wont be as bad as switching to Windows 8. The color, a Pearl Grey, looks rich, but?

I could have rode home on her today but my rain gear was at home and it was really raining today and not our usual mist. Besides, that would have left my truck in their parking lot. I do have the first "OptionToBuy" when the next bike shows up in February. That gives me plenty of time think about that color and just how badly do I want see 100,000 miles on my 2010. Also, my newly installed Krista's would stay on my 2010 as I don't see how the mirror brackets would fit on this new 2013 fairing.

Well, 3 months to think about all those new bells and whistles vs my 2010's approach of "Keep it simple, Stupid". :huh:

Saw the new 2013 FJR at our dealers this morning and liked the looks.
Which dealer is the bike at, Skagit PowerSports? Had a free day today, should have taken a drive north... :eek:

--G

Saw the new 2013 FJR at our dealers this morning and liked the looks.
Which dealer is the bike at, Skagit PowerSports? Had a free day today, should have taken a drive north... :eek:

--G
That was the place. Good thing you didn't go, unless you wanted to ride home in the rain. :) The good people there knew that if they'd given me some rain gear I'd have been riding her home. But instead, they said that the next one would be mine. :rolleyes:

Is it just me, or does it seem like any dealer who puts a brand new, just introduced motorcycle on Craig's List is a complete dick who either has no faith in his product, or no faith in his sales staff?

Is it just me, or does it seem like any dealer who puts a brand new, just introduced motorcycle on Craig's List is a complete dick who either has no faith in his product, or no faith in his sales staff?
It probably IS just you, Howie. :p

I can see the marketing merit of putting a notice like that up where prospective new buyers looking for an FJR might be logging in to get an idea of what's out there. Maybe there aren't any nice enough or new enough on C.L. to entice that buyer, at least for the asking price. So a dealer just might score a motivated buyer who figures "WTH, it's worth the cost to buy new AND I can always finance it easily or trade my own bike."

New England:

Cycles 128, Brimbal Ave, Beverly, MA has a '13 in stock. Even though I'm no fan of this dealer I may have to wander down and look at one in person.

NV325721_1.jpg

NV325721_2.jpg

NV325721_4.jpg

NV325721_5.jpg

NV325721_6.jpg

NV325721_12.jpg

Looks like tomorrow will be the big day.......My dealer seems to not have an answer for me on when mine will be here. I plan on going there first thing in the morning and getting my deposit back and then going to another dealer that has one sitting on there floor and buying that......

R

I'd agree with you but after looking at the ad he isn't promoting it as an on line sale. They seem to just be announcing that they have the new bike in the store and to come in and compare.

None of the photos show how well the "Eyebrows" around the headlights add to the daytime visibility of the bike. Oh, and they looks good.

I have a 2013 ordered,and have Kristas on my 2008 that I love. Anyone have any idea if the current Krista mounts will work? I have peered at comparison pictures of the mirrors on the 2012 and 2013, but I just can't tell. Your help is most appreciated!

Marc