2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fairlaner, if you now have one you are probably about to be bombarded with more questions than anyone ever on this forum. I'll go first: how's the ride-by-wire throttle feel?

Oh my, a check of Yammie's FJR website a few days ago then logging into this forum this evening has my juices flowing for a new one. I'm only at pg 15 of this thread but compelled to comment now. I sold my 2004 FJR (since new - PDP waiter) 5+ yrs ago needing better ergos for age-related arthritis, then rode a primo 2007 R1200RT until January. Immediately after, I suffered greatly from Empty Garage Syndrome (much worse that PMS) and subsequently ended up buying a couple of low mileage BMWs (2004 R1100S followed soon after by a 2001 R1150GS). The S-bike makes beautiful Garage Art and the GS serves my ergo needs, however no dirt moto plans in my plans (I prefer 4WD for that). Yammie's 2013 Gen3 seems what I wanted then and now - even though a 6th cog certainly would have been my preference. So now its back to lurker mode for me as I continue reading informative comments and friendly banter...

(PS: my Yammie roots might go a bit deeper than some here, having owned - mostly from new; '72 R5C, '79 XS11 Std, '82 Seca 650, '89 FJ1200, '90 Venture Royale and lastly that '04 FJR1300)

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2013-Yamaha-FJR1300A-106790401 Found one in Las Vegas and think I will ride up to Nevada to check it out; staying at the Golden Nugget, should get lucky at the gaming tables and Papa Chuy Viejo will buy a 2013 FJR!
Dibs on Lucy Liu!!!!
No way Jose, I fully admit I'm seriously tempted by the 2013 Yamaha FJR. It appears they got everything right on the 2013, it is just sad that they were seven model years tardy on a proper upgrade. Regardless, I will never give up my beautiful Miss Lucy Liu!

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2013-Yamaha-FJR1300A-106790401 Found one in Las Vegas and think I will ride up to Nevada to check it out; staying at the Golden Nugget, should get lucky at the gaming tables and Papa Chuy Viejo will buy a 2013 FJR!
Dibs on Lucy Liu!!!!
No way Jose, I fully admit I'm seriously tempted by the 2013 Yamaha FJR. It appears they got everything right on the 2013, it is just sad that they were seven model years tardy on a proper upgrade. Regardless, I will never give up my beautiful Miss Lucy Liu!
You know...I gotta say: When we were in Vegas, I took Lucy Liu up the strip so that I could do some shipping for the wife and kids. I had left my keys in the room, but Bust had his.

Anyway, other than the dash, that bike felt just like my'07. Has about the same number of miles, but she was smooth. Donno that I would sell her either.

Especially to a tool box like Howie. Have you seen that other thread about how he treats women?? JSNS.....

Dibs on Lucy Liu!!!!
You know...I gotta say: When we were in Vegas, I took Lucy Liu up the strip so that I could do some shopping for the wife and kids. I had left my keys in the room, but Bust had his.

Anyway, other than the dash, that bike felt just like my'07. Has about the same number of miles, but she was smooth. Dunno that I would sell her either.

Especially to a tool box like Howie. Have you seen that other thread about how he treats women?? JSNS.....
Item #1: Your post answered a question for me, when we got back from Oregon I was wondering where the extra boogers had come from. With Bust being from the Midwest I knew he was unaware of our famous Southwest FJR Forum tradition of putting boogers on our Friend's FJR's: So you put those boogers on Miss Lucy Liu then!

Item #2: You are so damn right if I did release Lucy she would absolutely have to go to a good home, RadioHowie's Family treats him so fine and he's such a shit-hook!

Last edited by a moderator:
Item #1: Your post answered a question for me, when we got back from Oregon I was wondering where the extra boogers had come from. With Bust being from the Midwest I knew he was unaware of our famous Southwest FJR Forum tradition of putting boogers on our Friend's FJR's: So you put those boogers on Miss Lucy Liu then!
Intriguing FJR.tradition. Is there a designated booger spot? Or must one search?

OK, I now have one of my BMW motos on the block at C-L. So this morning, I stopped by the largest Yammie dealer in my SoCal county (they support a riders club I'm in but don't pay me to plug 'em) to see what they've done on 2013 FJR pre-orders. Maybe this aspect has already been posted but I asked if its similar to some prior PDP years with just one chance for dealers to order against USA allocation. They told me they can order motos as sales dictate until supply is depleted, which I think is much better for buyers doing competitive price shopping. They had received their 1st ordered FJR already which sold same day unloaded off the truck and promised to call me when the next one arrives. We'll see. I still need to convince myself that my "discretionary spending" rationalization buying a new moto can be justified in retirement. Hey, at least I don't need to get permission from a (non-existent) SO... :coolsmiley02:

OK, I now have one of my BMW motos on the block at C-L. So this morning, I stopped by the largest Yammie dealer in my SoCal county (they support a riders club I'm in but don't pay me to plug 'em) to see what they've done on 2013 FJR pre-orders. Maybe this aspect has already been posted but I asked if its similar to some prior PDP years with just one chance for dealers to order against USA allocation. They told me they can order motos as sales dictate until supply is depleted, which I think is much better for buyers doing competitive price shopping. They had received their 1st ordered FJR already which sold same day unloaded off the truck and promised to call me when the next one arrives. We'll see. I still need to convince myself that my "discretionary spending" rationalization buying a new moto can be justified in retirement. Hey, at least I don't need to get permission from a (non-existent) SO... :coolsmiley02:
Lucky bastid! :)

Say, when are we Forumites going to start a betting pool on when or if Smitty141 is getting a 2013 FJR? The way Smitty has gone from bike to bike to bike I'd be so shocked if he isn't obtaining one! Might have to send our Smitty a PM or an email very soon.

Say, when are we Forumites going to start a betting pool on when or if Smitty141 is getting a 2013 FJR? The way Smitty has gone from bike to bike to bike I'd be so shocked if he isn't obtaining one! Might have to send our Smitty a PM or an email very soon.

Smitty can't possibly buy one. He JUST got himself a V-Strom. ;)

Smitty can't possibly buy one. He JUST got himself a V-Strom. ;)
Since when has that ever stopped him?