2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say, when are we Forumites going to start a betting pool on when or if Smitty141 is getting a 2013 FJR? The way Smitty has gone from bike to bike to bike I'd be so shocked if he isn't obtaining one! Might have to send our Smitty a PM or an email very soon.

Smitty can't possibly buy one. He JUST got himself a V-Strom. ;)
Since when has that ever stopped him?

and did not Griff just take the great white winger off his hands?

Put me in the pool $2 for March.

Say, when are we Forumites going to start a betting pool on when or if Smitty141 is getting a 2013 FJR? The way Smitty has gone from bike to bike to bike I'd be so shocked if he isn't obtaining one! Might have to send our Smitty a PM or an email very soon.

I'll cover February for $2 and raise January to $6!

Just out of curiousity, when Yamaha introduced the Gen 2 bike, did it stir up this kind of attention on this forum? That was well before my time so I really have no clue.

Just out of curiousity, when Yamaha introduced the Gen 2 bike, did it stir up this kind of attention on this forum? That was well before my time so I really have no clue.
Similar level, but different type. In the 2006 year you had a few 2003 owners, a few more 2004 owners, and a whole bunch of 2005 and 2005 1/2 owners. It was more about how certain parts of the bike had changed and what parts were going to carry over. Everybody saw the butt-end change, but not quite as much nose change. We realized the changes over time.

This one you have 10 years of forum owners watching the signficant changes as well as added features. I personally think this update, on balance, is bigger than the Gen 2 change. And I think you have even Gen 1 owners (like myself) that would totally be willing to switch to this particular incarnation.

Thanks, I was afraid of a bunch of Gen2 garbage...

I guess it is because I don't put the # of miles some of you guys do, but I love the FJR regardless of which Generation. I realize and understand the benefits of improving and refining, and I have no doubt that the Gen3 is the best yet. On the other hand, the first FJR I ever saw excited me, it looked like the perfect motorcycle. It is obvious that with a Gen 1 you can still go coast to coast with no worries. Although Dad did ask me some questions today about the Gen3...

The parts look-up info for the 2013 FJR is now available on Yamaha's site.

No prices listed yet.

And I think you have even Gen 1 owners (like myself) that would totally be willing to switch to this particular incarnation.
You can count me in on this sentiment, not that it makes an iota of difference. :)
+1, Gunny; I will never give up my wonderful 2003 "Miss Lucy Liu", but a 2013 named "Tokyo Rose" would sure look damned good in Casa de Stanley's Chandler garage!

Last edited by a moderator:
....And I think you have even Gen 1 owners (like myself) that would totally be willing to switch to this particular incarnation.
Maybe until more dirt comes out, then it will give clear leverage for the cheap-ass G1 mofo's who are riding the fence anyway saying... "hmmm $16K, really?" :rolleyes:

If I didn't drink the other guys Kool-Aid, I would certainly have a G3 on my radar and that $16K now sounds quite reasonable. haha!

Last edited by a moderator:

No FJR for me, I love my Vstrom :yahoo: .. I will keep it forever :dribble: , never a better motorbike ever came from Japland. :eek: . No more new bikes for me, when King Richard gets done with his and rides it to Missouri :lol: I will take it off his hands.

Plus, I just bought a new Jeep :assassin: .. So nothing new for me..

Smitty

And I think you have even Gen 1 owners (like myself) that would totally be willing to switch to this particular incarnation.
You can count me in on this sentiment, not that it makes an iota of difference. :)
The features list does make the G3 look very attractive. Like many of the other crusty G1 owners, I'll be watching to see how these new bikes behave. They are sure to have a few foibles, and just what those are and how serious they become may dampen the early enthusiasm somewhat.

Maybe in Gen 3.1 they will ship with the updated AE suspension? Or maybe they will come out with an A+ version.

No FJR for me, I love my Vstrom :yahoo: .. I will keep it forever :dribble: , never a better motorbike ever came from Japland. :eek: . No more new bikes for me, when King Richard gets done with his and rides it to Missouri :lol: I will take it off his hands.

Plus, I just bought a new Jeep :assassin: .. So nothing new for me..

Smitty
"The Smitty doth protest too much, methinks!" Shakespeare, as interpreted by Papa Chuy Viejo.

My ONLY concern with the beautiful Gen3 model is the electronics.

If the same ham-fisted electron monkeys that helped engineer the blasphemous Gen II had anything to do with the design or execution of the Gen3, then all bets are off.

Are the recall notices already pre-written, waiting to me mailed out to new owners? I hope not!

My ONLY concern with the beautiful Gen3 model is the electronics.

If the same ham-fisted electron monkeys that helped engineer the blasphemous Gen II had anything to do with the design or execution of the Gen3, then all bets are off.

Are the recall notices already pre-written, waiting to me mailed out to new owners? I hope not!
Completely Off Topic: RadioHowie, your FIRST concern should be how fecking ugly and morbidly fat you are! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

On Topic: Dale and Richard, my illegitimate bastard Son SkooterG said the Gen2 wiring harness spider fiasco was eventually fixed on the latest models.

Does the new 2013 FJR Yamaha wiring harness appear to be an upgrade to the very first upgrade, or is it just the same as the late Gen2 wiring harness fix?

I sure wanted to see Fairlaner's '13 in the flesh over in Fallbrook, but that faggot johnny80s squirrel bastard changed the Tech Meet dates on his Papa Chuy!

"faggot squirrel bastard" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Also, I am NOT fecking ugly...I can STILL convince myself to have sex with myself.

And I am NOT morbidly fat. I can STILL see my pecker from a standing position.

Oh, and :****: :****: :****: :****:

....And I think you have even Gen 1 owners (like myself) that would totally be willing to switch to this particular incarnation.
Maybe until more dirt comes out, then it will give clear leverage for the cheap-ass G1 mofo's who are riding the fence anyway saying... "hmmm $16K, really?" :rolleyes:

If I didn't drink the other guys Kool-Aid, I would certainly have a G3 on my radar and that $16K now sounds quite reasonable. haha!
I'm wondering if you can cancel the order for the Beemer. ;)