2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... I didn't see much foot protection, I think you are going to have to buy the accessory foot panels to keep your boots dry.
It's a fucking MOTORCYCLE!

Bloody HELL.
Totally agree...though I'm a little pissed that there was NO AC!! I mean all that research and NO AC!! I mean cars have been having it for decades...WTF!!!!

... I didn't see much foot protection, I think you are going to have to buy the accessory foot panels to keep your boots dry.

Bloody HELL.
Totally agree...though I'm a little pissed that there was NO AC!! I mean all that research and NO AC!! I mean cars have been having it for decades...WTF!!!!
No windshield wipers either. No auto retracting convertible top, no seatbelt, no radio...

Oh, I forgot, it is a motorcycle.

Bloody HELL.
Well, it is a motorcycle, but you and these other dumb asses totally missed the fucking point, the GEN III has been touted as having better lower leg protection than the previous models but it looks like it actually has less protection...unless your cheap ass is willing to spend a couple of hundred bucks for an accessory that should be part of the lower faring.

I know scooters have a footguard...dammit. All you knuckleheads should insist that Yamaha build an FJR that looks like a scooter! Seriously! I mean WTF...its the 2013 model!!!

Now I'm wishing I bought that scooter instead of the fjr in 2005. <_<

Got a chance to check out the '13 at Skagit Powersports this afternoon. Gotta say, I'm impressed with the changes and improvements Yamaha has made to the machine. Cassandra at Skagit was kind enough to let us oogle over the bike and play with the dash for quite some time. Dash operation is pretty intuitive and feature packed. Seems odd having to toggle around to operate the windshield and heated grips...we shall see though.

FJRay has a bike waiting for him...Cassandra says hi and she'll wrap it up!! ;)

LED running lights look good and we found 000003. :)

FJR11.jpg

FJR12.jpg

--G

Bloody HELL.
Well, it is a motorcycle, but you and these other dumb asses totally missed the fucking point,
Excuse me.

Wheaton is NOT a dumb ass. He does his best with what God gave him. You're confusing your Forum members.
You're right.........my bad!

My worthless illegitimate bastard son SkooterG got so damn sick and tired of this 2013 discussion: He said to Hell with it and sold off all of his FJR's to buy a Victory! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

DSC04098.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For crying out loud! YAMAHA HAS FIXED THE GROUND SPIDER WIRING HARNESS ISSUE!!!!

Bunch of chicken littles around here.

Starting in 2010 there is a new part number for the wiring harness and THAT is why none of those bikes were part of the recall and why there has not been ONE SINGLE FAILURE on a 2010+ FJR.

Cripes!

Yamaha does fix the problems they know about, eventually. Question is, what new ones do they NOT know about on the new '13?
Well I call Bull Shit!

My 10 spiders at 0 miles were oxidized on 3 of my spiders. And I mean enough to sand and spray ACF 50 and then completely coated with liquid tape. So wire gauge or whatever the spiders are shit, period.

Drink the Kool Aid but if they have not changed that arrangement it is spider bites waiting to happen, period.

And as to a wiring part being a different number, who cares? If they have not resolved the spider connections, it is still the same old issue. They can change a length of wire and give it a new part number.

I still want one, but I will not drink kool aid because of a new part number. Show me the connections, is there still 8 connections or spiders handling the load? And is the wire gauge bigger? This was the best one I had to sand and seal. Remember this is at 0 miles, none, nada! One of the two in the front cowl was green with corrosion.

o%20mile%20spider.jpg

I do not like blanket statements when I have held and seen all the spiders on my 10. I do not want to have to do all that over on a 13.

Again I love the bike but will let it shake out a bit for me to pronounce that the wire issue is solved. I am sure as guys tear into them we will see the differences and one I want to hear about is the wiring and grounding points. Especially since it is supposed to produce more electrical output then the previous Gen II. I am sure as fuse blocks get added wire size will come out.

It really is the only bitch I have on my 10 at all, the only knock I will give it. After that it is one of the best bikes I have owned.

Last edited by a moderator: