2015 FJR1300 Information Released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remarkable is how much 2014 owners whine about the new 2015 color.
rolleyes.gif
I am NOT a '14 owner and I stared very hard at the "15 in person trying hard to like it as I will be considering a replacement for my '05 and moving the "08

up to my LD ride soon. Those who are looking at the web site photos and saying this looks like the latter AE color have got a unpleasant surprise. I like the

appearance of the pics on the site and like the color of the latter AEs, but this in person is NOT the same. There are so many other combinations available

for a bike with only one choice per year. The black on the bike is metallic flake, yet it does NOT stand out. It blends into one big blaaa that begs for color.

Perhaps some farkles or pin striping could make this work? I do not care for the "14 color, yet thought it was a good move for Yamaha. They sold '14s to

the riders that liked it. I just think they need to move up from Black & White screens to COLOR. They have a great product, now use colors to market it.

The lines of the bike were totally missed, imagine the black fairing being on both panels and splitting the tank at its natural crease. I am happy for those who

like this color (Or think they do) The good news for them is that soft-paint chips can be covered with J-B Weld.

Fred,You make a well reasoned argument as to why 2015 owners should just slit their wrists now and avoid all the hassle of owning a dark grey FJR with 145 HP at the crank.

Pssst, Markie. There are NO 2015 owners... Yet.

Of course there are owners of 2013 gray bikes.

Make your own conclusions.

Fred,You make a well reasoned argument as to why 2015 owners should just slit their wrists now and avoid all the hassle of owning a dark grey FJR with 145 HP at the crank.
Are you sure that stone gray model is not also included?
I can assure it is not the case. I love the green hues you see when the bike is in the shade, and golden tints you see in bright sunlight. That 2013 rocks.

I'm glad you like yours though!

Winter has not even started and some of you are seriously arguing about paint color. Really? It is going to be a long winter. .

Oh, maybe not. I can usually ride year round down here in Swampy Flatlandistan. If there is any luck to be had I will be wearing out the factory Bridgestones on Smoke.

I just ordered a 2015 two days ago and checked with the dealer today. He claims the cases and the liners are included as always. We are not sure about the rubber flap in the rear fender, so I ordered that separately for 10 bucks. It's already here since it was a local item.

Did he tell you when to expect delivery !??!?!
Yes, since I am in California we get first delivery in November. We are always a little behind the rest of the world out here. There is an allocation of two here in LA in November and I snagged both of them. One for me and one for a friend.

Rest of the world (meaning the USofA) get first delivery in October. Europe already has theirs ( of course), including the beautiful new automatic transmission AE, which we will not see at all.

Remarkable is how much 2014 owners whine about the new 2015 color.
rolleyes.gif
I am NOT a '14 owner and I stared very hard at the "15 in person trying hard to like it as I will be considering a replacement for my '05 and moving the "08

up to my LD ride soon. Those who are looking at the web site photos and saying this looks like the latter AE color have got a unpleasant surprise. I like the

appearance of the pics on the site and like the color of the latter AEs, but this in person is NOT the same. There are so many other combinations available

for a bike with only one choice per year. The black on the bike is metallic flake, yet it does NOT stand out. It blends into one big blaaa that begs for color.

Perhaps some farkles or pin striping could make this work? I do not care for the "14 color, yet thought it was a good move for Yamaha. They sold '14s to

the riders that liked it. I just think they need to move up from Black & White screens to COLOR. They have a great product, now use colors to market it.

The lines of the bike were totally missed, imagine the black fairing being on both panels and splitting the tank at its natural crease. I am happy for those who

like this color (Or think they do) The good news for them is that soft-paint chips can be covered with J-B Weld.
Well its great to hear its not the same color so I won't have to regret my 2014 purchase.
smile.png

BTW, the 2014 FZ-09 with the blue wheels is Liquid Graphite. So, if you want to know what the color really looks like, go hunt down an FZ.

TR3_9326-crop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Who put those gay 05 colors on the bike wheels. Never mind, I see the Golden Gate Bridge in the background...

The Liquid Graphite actually rocks in that photo though.

I rode this Liquid Graphite beast following our own SkooterG on a Demo Ride last February. It was a bit washed out looking in the weak February sunshine next to the more vibrant colors of the other FZ09s.

I think the blue wheels livened it up but took away from the sinister factor. A dark color like that has to be "murdered" to look right for me.

At any rate, the colors may be the same but with the bikes being so different, there is still no way to tell.

BTW, the 2014 FZ-09 with the blue wheels is Liquid Graphite. So, if you want to know what the color really looks like, go hunt down an FZ.
TR3_9326-crop.jpg
BTW....I believe this is an FZ 07 not 09. I may be wrong

R/H - much congrats!!! Looking forward to checking out the new addition to the family. And don't worry about Mrs. Redfish - if it gets bad enough, I've got plenty of room at home for you. OTOH - if you would prefer to keep it hidden a while, I've also got plenty of room in my shop for your '15 FJR. I'll keep the motor lubricated fer ya! JSNS

Congrats RFH!

Your RRs will immediately become better with that new beast in the RR photos!

EDIT: You will finally be able to take the sidecases off the bike and not feel ashamed. :D (j/k)

BTW....I believe this is an FZ 07 not 09. I may be wrong
I know better than to correct a lady but... I am fairly certain there are 3 exhaust pipes and that would make it an FZ09.

R/H - much congrats!!! Looking forward to checking out the new addition to the family. And don't worry about Mrs. Redfish - if it gets bad enough, I've got plenty of room at home for you. OTOH - if you would prefer to keep it hidden a while, I've also got plenty of room in my shop for your '15 FJR. I'll keep the motor lubricated fer ya! JSNS
She knows I am going to do it, we had a few discussions already. She does not care for the motorcycle thing but she does not interfere. She understands that the motorcycles are a part of my identity. Just like hunting redfish, being a husband, being a father, being devastatingly handsome, it is a part of who I am. She understands that.

Congrats RFH!
Your RRs will immediately become better with that new beast in the RR photos!

EDIT: You will finally be able to take the sidecases off the bike and not feel ashamed.
biggrin.png
(j/k)
The only time those sidecases come off is during bath time. In fact, I guess I will have to clean the old Honda up as good as I can, it will be part of the down payment.

As for my RRs, well I may have to quit riding in order to make the payments on Smoke. NOT!

I won't go into all my logic here and now but I am looking forward to finally having a bike that looks as good as it performs. My Honda has always been wonderful but it has never been good looking.

And so it begins... My salesman just called. I just placed my deposit for my dealership to order my 2015 FJR ES.
I should be more excited I think. I am positive Mrs. Redfish is going to be something similar to "excited" when she finds out I just ordered a new motorcycle.
Congrats my good man..... Me Too

My dealer was out of town last week or it would have been done then, but I walked into his place yesterday and dropped cash on his desk and signed the paper myself..... way overdue for an upgrade..... MS Warpdrv could care less, she loves my 05 but knew that I was dying inside to get a new model....

Congrats to you sir and mine should be a few weeks..... Already ordered a crap load of farkles for the new beast.....

Canyon Cages, CeeBailey, Pair Plates, Helmet lock brackets, Bigfoot, MV Riser, gotta ship the used stock seats I snagged out to Laam to get redone, also gotta move some things from the 05 over to new....

Very Excitement