2015 FJR1300 Information Released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered a 2015 two days ago and checked with the dealer today. He claims the cases and the liners are included as always. We are not sure about the rubber flap in the rear fender, so I ordered that separately for 10 bucks. It's already here since it was a local item.
Did he tell you when to expect delivery !??!?!

Just chiming in to keep updated, but boy am I glad I got my 14', even though I had to get a black tank band and red side panels to make it "mine. Totally worth it!
Hey, that is exactly what I did to mine! You have my bike...or I have yours!?
not_i.gif

As post #124, I agree this is a lot of noise over the 2015 release but it appears there is not an abundance of positive remarks on the BMW colour. I predict this will be the Pinto of Yamaha colours!!.
When I made it to my first organized FJR ride for CFO at Lacrosse WI, I was riding my new 08AE in the Graphite gray. I was overwhelmed with all the positive comments I received about the color and even received a few requests to exchange plastics. The color looked great on the 08, 09 AEs but is spectacular looking on the 2015. I like the color so much that my last F150 and my Tundra are the same color.
Is it in fact the same color? Could anyone that has seen both see any difference?

Well I looked at this bike for over an hour today. I really tried to like the color and came to the conclusion that the color isn't THAT bad. I think it

looks like Yamaha took a bit of J-B Weld into a Home Depot and had them color match it. The thing that frustrates me is the black ("Metal flake")

areas do not have enough contrast with the Gray AND they do not follow any of the contours of the FJR's natural lines.

The FJR would look so nice with a 2-tone paint. The front of the bike looks nice with the silver headlight surrounds. I think if they would have carried

the silver theme on BOTH front panels and brought it in smoothly through the natural line of the fuel tank and side cases… it would be much more appealing.

The gray kind of grows on you (After awhile)

In contrast Kawasaki has a much bolder approach to paint. The "Burnt Orange Peel" is just HOT!!! Even the trademark green looks well done with their

presentation.

So what color will the '16 be? shade of silver, black, blue, shade of red - 4 basic colors over 13 models? …

Pearl White/Silver/Black - Copper with blacked out lines - Yamaha Blue/Pearl white

I rode my '08 with '04 bags and now I am open to tasteful 2-tone ideas.

I think Yamaha is just fortunate that the FJR is such a great bike… many lookers stopping by the FJR today.

As post #124, I agree this is a lot of noise over the 2015 release but it appears there is not an abundance of positive remarks on the BMW colour. I predict this will be the Pinto of Yamaha colours!!.
When I made it to my first organized FJR ride for CFO at Lacrosse WI, I was riding my new 08AE in the Graphite gray. I was overwhelmed with all the positive comments I received about the color and even received a few requests to exchange plastics. The color looked great on the 08, 09 AEs but is spectacular looking on the 2015. I like the color so much that my last F150 and my Tundra are the same color.
Is it in fact the same color? Could anyone that has seen both see any difference?
BIG difference !!! Not the same to my color-blind eyes. The '15 is sort of a Pewter Gray- The web site pics must be picking up the brown/gold shades from the environment surrounding the bike.

"J-B Weld" That should be the official color.
weirdsmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since there is so little interest in 8 pages and 146 post later and here's another 2 cents worth. The perceived lack of interest has nothing to do with color. Its the fact there are really no other changes. Just the same bike in another shade of gray. I hate to say but the Canadian feejer does look like a BMW. Don't ask me why.

If I do somehow come up with the funds to purchase one It will have blue stripes on it and a state emblem if I can find one. Now where were those blue lights I had down cellar.

devilsmiley.gif

Me likes the 2015,

Dave

Talked to the Yammie rep at the AIM Expo in Orlando yesterday. Saw the 015 FJR... had the inverted forks. He said according to the bulletins he's read, there's no mechanical difference between the '14 and '15 FJR.

The color is just as boring in person as it is online. Just my humble unbiased opinion.

Gary

darksider #44

The color is just as boring in person as it is online. Just my humble unbiased opinion.
While I happen to share your minority opinion, the boring color was not really a mistake at all on the part of Yamaha. It was a shrewd tactical decision made based on their perceived intended buyer.

We all know that the FJR is an old fogey's bike. Young folks don't want a bike that is so practical and comfortable, useful even, for clicking off gobs of miles, even if it does press your eyeballs back in their sockets when you whack it WFO. If it doesn't look like it's hair is on fire, they just don't want anything to do with it. So, leave that to Kawasaki.

Older folks, like those FJR types, they like to at least appear to have a degree of decorum and "good taste", whatever that is . They don't want their choice of bike or its color to raise too many eyebrows around the church group, the PTA, or their regular morning gathering at Dunkin D's or Timmy H's. Best to have a nice safe color... like gray, silver, black or some combination of the above.

The red was a huge marketing mistake. They realized it almost immediately after they had released it. Why, what kind of crossed signals would they be sending by delivering an old fart FJR in "young people" colors? Best to return to the drab conservative colors that had got the FJR such huge acclaim (yawn) throughout all those prior years.

This weekend (in the rain) we looked around at the group of bikes that were going to challenge the weather to run though a few New England Covered bridges and noted that of the 7 FJRs in attendance, only 2 were actually colored. There were two 2004's (Ceruleans), one 2008 AE (Graphite Gray, looked a lot like a 2015 FJR might) and a 2013 (whatevertheycallit gray), and just one 2005 bass bote blue and my bass bote red.

I think the Gray's have the majority opinion here.

Grey is less likely to catch the attention of the local gendarmerie. As is Magnetic Bronze. I hope.

We all know that the FJR is an old fogey's bike.
I had my mind made up right around when I turned 30 that I wanted an FJR.

The red looks nice in person, but I think I'd get pulled over more easily.

Whatever they are calling this new color, I'm not a huge fan so far from the photos. If they put it out in white, I'd be trading in my Gen 1.

I think it is just a few dollars away from looking very sinister. With a dark tinted windshield, possibly some black mufflers and if the rider is wearing the right attire (like the Icon Daytona Stealth) and a black or dark gray helmet (Shoei Neotec Anthracite) this could be one seriously mean looking motorcycle. I look forward to finding out.

Well when the 2014 owners are done having their little adventure with the red headed lady's they will be back. Sooner or later they will come to there sences. Yamaha has it right, grey bike for the older genre. Let's face it the 30 something's are very few and far between.

Dave

That really does make sense. Two years of exactly the same FJRs, but one with a sportier color and one more sedate. Between the two colors Yamaha covers a broader spectrum of potential buyers. And keep in mind, they didn't even change the price.

So, since all we have to discuss is the difference between two colors, which is something we should be able to choose between in any given year rather than having one color per year, I wonder what's up Yamaha's sleeve for 2016.

Remarkable is how much 2014 owners whine about the new 2015 color.
rolleyes.gif
Whining? Oh hell no. I love the new gray (zzzzzzzz) and I want all you sedate old fogies to buy them.

I, myself, wouldn't want one, but I think it is a perfect choice for you.

bleh.gif

(hopefully nobody here really thinks I am serious about the color)

Fred,

You make a well reasoned argument as to why 2015 owners should just slit their wrists now and avoid all the hassle of owning a dark grey FJR with 145 HP at the crank.

Fred,You make a well reasoned argument as to why 2015 owners should just slit their wrists now and avoid all the hassle of owning a dark grey FJR with 145 HP at the crank.
Are you sure that stone gray model is not also included?