2016 Is Official 6-spd, Slipper, LEDs, Analog Tach, Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the new FJR at the Dallas show Saturday, and to me it looks like ('06) a used bike. I would have liked a new color for 2016. Well that's just me!
rolleyes.gif

If they offered that new FJR in pearl white or matte silver color here in the USA, I'd be all over it.
I love the Pearl White or (03) Liquid Silver! Maybe together in a 2 tone paint scheme... looks classy AND high viz!

I saw the new FJR at the Dallas show Saturday, and to me it looks like ('06) a used bike. I would have liked a new color for 2016. Well that's just me!
rolleyes.gif
petey...that's why I like the 2016...it looks like my 06, without the miles, and has a few upgrades.

Gawd...Pearl White?? I could have sworn Liberace was dead. Nothing says "Candelabra" like a pearl white vehicle. Gross!!
Just wait until you check out my Pearl white Spyder with the Pearl white Bushtec. I just needs me a Pearl white jacket with a shit load of sparkly stuff on it.
punk.gif

Pearl White and Silver is just so Elvis, err Liberace , you would need a trailer for the candelabra.

3355610071_b12a22a699_b.jpg
d

But, dang, just like Iris (& Zooom Again) I could really go for the European Pearl/White/Silver.

Last edited by a moderator:
rolleyes.gif
That's the idea petey...wish I still had my '06. With a new '16 upgrade the SO would be non the wiser!
yes2.gif

..except for the black wheels.

--G

rolleyes.gif
That's the idea petey...wish I still had my '06. With a new '16 upgrade the SO would be non the wiser!
yes2.gif

--G

They make powdercoating for this kind of covert operations. But if your tactics are not perfect and the reconnaissance of the S.O. outwits you, you may be without any wheels............black or other.

So all you guys that have had the luxury of the bike show have any of you squeezed the clutch yet?
I will, this Saturday...
I hope to get to squeeze it this weekend too.

1. all I can compare is Gen 1 clutch draw feel to Gen X clutch feel

2. it won't really tell anything about clutch engagement I rode a BMW K1300 that had good clutch draw resistance but the clutch lever had to be pulled right up to the grip for the clutch to be 100% disengaged; with the clutch lever released 0.003" off the grip the clutch was fully engaged. In 3k miles I never got used to that clutch. Hopefully the Gen X will have similar draw resistance or a bit lighter with a similar engagement span as the Gen 1

Mr. 'beam, I'm not familiar with this show. Do manufacturers show up with the latest and greatest bikes or is it a carnival of pirate accessories? Maybe a little of both?? Any insider info on 2016 FJR participation?

Slipper clutch would be great to have. My KTM has one and it makes downshifting idiot proof. After riding the KTM I'm always forgetting the FJR does not have one. My poor rear FJR tire!

Mr. 'beam, I'm not familiar with this show. Do manufacturers show up with the latest and greatest bikes or is it a carnival of pirate accessories? Maybe a little of both?? Any insider info on 2016 FJR participation?
These guys run this show in Salem, Wilmington and Boston. It is supposed to be dealers, new & used bikes and accessories all stirred by bands for entertainment. I've never been to a show by this group but one of the main business at the show will be MOM and I'm hoping MOM will be bringing a '16 FJR. Hmm, I suppose I should call MOM and see.... Don't want to waste $15 and a morning looking at BMWs and Harleys if they don't have the '16 Blue there.

rolleyes.gif
yes2.gif

--G
You guys that think you get one over your SO
nono.gif
...well let's just say, they are much smarter then you give them credit.
yes.gif
Don't ask how I know....
eh-smiley.gif