2016 Is Official 6-spd, Slipper, LEDs, Analog Tach, Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to be a US problem only, we have had pricing in Canada for a month and my dealer confirmed that my 2016ES will be arriving this month.With the crazy weather we are having we might even be snow free.
I guess that's the price we pay for being known as a bad sport touring market in the US--we're treating like second class citizens when it comes to this type of bike. No pricing yet and can't even put one on order here--no chance in hell any will be delivered in March in the US.

I guess that's the price we pay for being known as a bad sport touring market in the US--we're treating like second class citizens when it comes to this type of bike.
Is that you Starcruiser? Whatever......
fool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to be a US problem only, we have had pricing in Canada for a month and my dealer confirmed that my 2016ES will be arriving this month.With the crazy weather we are having we might even be snow free.
I guess that's the price we pay for being known as a bad sport touring market in the US--we're treating like second class citizens when it comes to this type of bike. No pricing yet and can't even put one on order here--no chance in hell any will be delivered in March in the US.
They'll be delivered buy the end of March, if not sooner...

I hope you're right, but why are you so sure about that? I'm working with the largest multi-line dealer in Houston and they cannot get any information on price or availability nor can they even place an order yet.

...Gosh, figuring things out and drawing conclusions sure is fun with absolutely no facts or information to work from!
That's the fjrforum for you.
It is priced in the Netherlands in Euros, 1 Euro = $1.11 as I write this. But the European tax system is very different from the US system.

FJR1300A 18499

FJR1300AE 21499. (In the US this would be the FJR1300ES)

FJR1300AS 22499. (In the US this would be the FJR1300AE)

An "Explorer" version of each is available for extra cost, a Google translation from Dutch to English gives the description:

For 2010 Yamaha came out with an Explorer version in the colors Midnight Black. The Explorer was carrying a wider cockpit with a larger windshield, foot shields and spiegelverbreders to be better protected from the elements. In order to protect the tank and sides a and tankpad rollerprotectors were confirmed. The comfort was further enhanced by luxury inside bags in the luggage set and a custom made saddle with Explorer logo. The Explorer version was added the necessary electronics: a plug and play Yamaha charger, heated grips, seat heating with four modes that the pillion passenger is also separately adjustable in four positions, a Zumo 660 navigation system and a Cardo Q2 communications kit. In total, the Explorer package Yamaha according to a value of 3500, - have.

I'd pay extra just to get a set of spiegelverbreders.

I hope you're right, but why are you so sure about that? I'm working with the largest multi-line dealer in Houston and they cannot get any information on price or availability nor can they even place an order yet.
Nobody can place an order, until they release pricing.

Gosh, figuring things out and drawing conclusions sure is fun with absolutely no facts or information to work from!
It is priced in the Netherlands in Euros, 1 Euro = $1.11 as I write this. But the European tax system is very different from the US system.

FJR1300A 18499

An "Explorer" version of each is available for extra cost, a Google translation from Dutch to English gives the description:

For 2010 Yamaha came out with an Explorer version in the colors Midnight Black. The Explorer was carrying a wider cockpit with a larger windshield, foot shields and spiegelverbreders to be better protected from the elements. In order to protect the tank and sides a and tankpad rollerprotectors were confirmed. The comfort was further enhanced by luxury inside bags in the luggage set and a custom made saddle with Explorer logo. The Explorer version was added the necessary electronics: a plug and play Yamaha charger, heated grips, seat heating with four modes that the pillion passenger is also separately adjustable in four positions, a Zumo 660 navigation system and a Cardo Q2 communications kit. In total, the Explorer package Yamaha according to a value of 3500, - have.
I'd pay extra just to get a set of spiegelverbreders.
According to the Google Translate page "spiegelverbreders" (Dutch) in English means "spiegelverbreders."

The literal translation is "mirror spacers."

The verbreders that come with the explorer edition are not the spacers. They are the mirror mounted hand guards....

...Gosh, figuring things out and drawing conclusions sure is fun with absolutely no facts or information to work from!

FJR1300A 18499

spiegelverbreders.
What is the medical treatment to get rid of that??
dribble.gif

I'm guessing it varies slightly from the treatment for spiegelver-BREEDERS.

Besides having a still new bike with only 7K, I am among those who fail to see the need for a 6th gear. It seems purely psychological. There is no question of the engine durability, or the lower RPM improving durability. The bike is already bombproof. And the fuel economy difference will be so minor as to be trivial. If it is true that it remains inside the same size transmission casing, then it must be true that the individual gears are slightly thinner. I don't know, it just seems like mamayama engineers bowed to market pressure, but knew it was not an actual improvement. I routinely go fairly long distances and never once have I wished I could lower my 5th gear RPM.

I'll still be breaking my bike in while these new shiny versions are getting tested. I'm eager to hear from those that get them to hear what they think. Just glad they are still committed to the FJR platform as it means parts and such.