2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because, the party is at the Microtel...
drag.gif
twitchsmile.gif

I'm in, since I live just 20 minutes down the road.

Then why the hell are we all paying for hotel rooms? ^^^^^^^^^^ PARTY AT HIS HOUSE!

Because, the party is at the Microtel... :drag: :twitchsmile:
Unless he's got a tire changer, then Wheaton's moving the party over there...
I do have a tire changer, if anyone needs a change, let me know.
You just whispered sweet nothing's in Mark's ear.

This is great info. It's early, but my front tire may make it up there. I could ship a new tire there and swap it when I get up there. Great deal!

I'm in, since I live just 20 minutes down the road.

Then why the hell are we all paying for hotel rooms? ^^^^^^^^^^ PARTY AT HIS HOUSE!

Because, the party is at the Microtel... :drag: :twitchsmile:
Unless he's got a tire changer, then Wheaton's moving the party over there...
I do have a tire changer, if anyone needs a change, let me know.
You just whispered sweet nothing's in Mark's ear.
I have no idea what y'all are yapping about. There better be good roads and a beer at the end of the day...

Yesterday evening on our carpool commute home, there was a lull in the conversation between my wife and I:

(Pants) "I'm planning to ride to Ohio on the second week of May to meet some of the FJR guys."

(Wifey) "Ohio? What are ya'll planning to do up there?"

(Pants) "The same thing we do everywhere. Ride places, eat things, cut huge farts, and consume adult beverages - probably in that order."

(Wifey) "OK - who are you going with?"

(Pants) "Not sure. I've asked a few friends, but I may be going alone."

(Wifey) "Are you going to pay attention to where you are going this time?"

(Pants) "Good one. Thanks for the vote of confidence."

(Wifey) "Ya'll going camping?"

(Pants) "I'm bringing my camping gear, but the actual gathering is being held at one of those cheapie motels. I've got a roomie to share with."

(Wifey) "Who are you rooming with?"

(Pants) "You don't know him."

(Wifey) "How do you know that?"

(Pants) "Because I don't know him either."

(Wifey) "Well let me make sure I've got this straight. You are leaving by yourself to ride across the country on your motorcycle to share a motel room with some guy you have never met?"

(Pants) "I had a chance to room with a female, but I passed on it."

(Wifey) "Good choice."

(Pants) "It will be fine Mama. Don't worry about it."

(Wifey) "What is your roomie's forum name?"

(Pants) "Madmudder"

(Wifey) (sigh)

He he he.....

I had the exact same discussion with a border guard. Except for MadMudder, the issue in question was being in a gang called the 'IronButters'

FJRob1300 was there. He laughed for the entire 10 minute interrogation I endured. The stupid bit was, I didn't even have my iron butt plate then, but Rob did!

I had a very similar conversation last fall about riding to West Virginia to share a hotel room with TomInPA(CA).

I was starting to really like this place but ya'll sure spend a lot of time talking about what guy you're rooming with.

It's just a little unnerving.

If I make it I'm definitely camping!

True story. Fortunately for me, El Toro Joe takes all the heat for that particular weekend, even though he managed to get himself up to ride the next morning, and I wasn't able to get on mine until after lunch.

I guess then, I shouldn't point out that I made the trip down to EOM with Madmudder. We're going to scare hppants off.

True story. Fortunately for me, El Toro Joe takes all the heat for that particular weekend, even though he managed to get himself up to ride the next morning, and I wasn't able to get on mine until after lunch.
I guess then, I shouldn't point out that I made the trip down to EOM with Madmudder. We're going to scare hppants off.
True that you out-drunked El Toro Joe, but the unforseen benefit was some quality time with Beemerdons at the brewery and distillery. OTOH, El Toro Joe rode both days (better late than never), while you bar hopped.