2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've given my work notice and put this trip on my calendar. I'm thinking about leaving Tuesday (10th) and arriving in Marietta Friday evening. I'll run up through Arkansas and then maybe straddle the Mississippi River for a while before turning east. After the rally er..... RAMBLE, I will take the long way home.

I'm planning to bring the Tequila.
Depending on how far you are gonna travel on Friday, my plan may fit with your plan....

I have a Masters Class that I cannot get out of. But Friday, I am heading East. I can take the Slab and get there by Noon or head South East and bisect somewhere likely along your route depending on how far you plan on traveling on Friday.

Possibly hook up somewhere in the Hoosier Forest of Indiana. I bet someone can lead us toward the best roads in Kentucky to pull into Marietta.

I will bring the Jim Beam Maple.
Why would you ruin good rye whiskey by adulterating it with maple flavor? It's not bacon you know. :not_i:
Now, bacon infused bourbon on the other hand..........

I've given my work notice and put this trip on my calendar. I'm thinking about leaving Tuesday (10th) and arriving in Marietta Friday evening. I'll run up through Arkansas and then maybe straddle the Mississippi River for a while before turning east. After the rally er..... RAMBLE, I will take the long way home.
I'm planning to bring the Tequila.
Depending on how far you are gonna travel on Friday, my plan may fit with your plan....

I have a Masters Class that I cannot get out of. But Friday, I am heading East. I can take the Slab and get there by Noon or head South East and bisect somewhere likely along your route depending on how far you plan on traveling on Friday.

Possibly hook up somewhere in the Hoosier Forest of Indiana. I bet someone can lead us toward the best roads in Kentucky to pull into Marietta.

I will bring the Jim Beam Maple.
Why would you ruin good rye whiskey by adulterating it with maple flavor? It's not bacon you know.
not_i.gif
I like that stuff so much, that I would pour it on my pancakes if it wasn't frowned upon at my house!!

I know I am letting my Irish heritage down, Don is rolling over right now, but I just can't take some of that other stuff. It just leaves more of it for you all!!
smile.png

There's no such thing as "good rye whiskey".
You can get banned for saying such blasphemy on this board. Better you talk about politics, religion, and don't use the search function.
not_i.gif

Don't F with a man's whiskey!!!
fool.gif

You been warned.......................Note your infraction and apologize by bringing a bottle of fine Rye Whiskey to the next event.

Actually, I don't drink it either.

I've got Poolboy to thank for my Rye Whiskey afflictions. That Templeton's Rye is some good stuff, man.

Think I'll pack a flask of that too for SEOR! If SLK50 shows, we can share!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm here to post in this important thread, to say that while rye has passed these lips, a good straight bourbon whiskey is the bomb, and dammit, I'll even drink scotch. How the hell else are you supposed to grow hair on the back of your neck.

But what ever "good" whiskey you drink, don't pollute it with honey, cinnamon, or freakin' maple!

542161_10150813477290325_1796444090_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Mr. Kern, I was speaking facetiously. It doesn't take long on this forum to see the patterns of the organized rides. If it's a day trip, it's usually focused around food, with some (hopefully) exciting roads. If it's a weekend trip or longer, it's all about the roads.
I've never ridden in Ohio, and I'm very much looking forward to my first Ramble.
Lil'J

...make your ressies to include Thurs nite. Then , ride down w me and Wine Guy (maybe more I'm thinking). I will deem Kennedy Street Cafe in Bradford PA as or (normal) meeting breakfast hole. Thurs@ 9AM

Great Mom & Pop run joint, you'll know the owners by name when we leave.

I've got Poolboy to thank for my Rye Whiskey afflictions. That Templeton's Rye is some good stuff, man.
Think I'll pack a flask of that too for SEOR! If SLK50 shows, we can share!!

'pants-

You spoke of sightseeing earlier, I would like to add that there actually is!... and it will fill your eyes & belly!

20150502_121211_zps5jweyryj.jpg

20150502_124255_zps78c2qnkk.jpg

I will be leading a group down to Hillbilly Hawt-dawgs, probably Saturday. I've got last years loop.. with a near 5mi paved goat trail included! (Yamafitter endorsed it as the GHA "goat herding alley". lol. We also lost some chrome off of a Harley last year on it, but he was all smiles on completion... plus his bike was lighter and much more nimble! :)

Gotta get back to workie.... cya's!

We'll see. I've got Friday scheduled off for SEOR and NERDS. I'll probably end up expanding that to Thursday for NERDS(Mel already took Wed. Thurs. & Fri. off for NERDS). Work has been crazy busy. If I can get away a day earlier for SEOR, I will.

^^^^^ - likey!!! Now that's a mighty fine hot dog, there! I shall like to try that delicious cylinder of calories while I'm up there.

35 signed up - this is turning into a real shin dig!!! Hot damm!

whoa nellie, 35 is a pretty good 'mount of bikes.

Andy, uz com'n who u-ah fool'n!?, and...you're supposed to bring yur fiddle for our Sat nights live band under the stars canopy.

Add me to the list. I'm in!

It's been awhile since my last Ramble.

Looking forward to another one.