2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine you could do far worse than that. I'd really like to demo ride an FJ-09.

I'm leaning towards taking off Wednesday afternoon and riding more directly to Ohio (skip Arkansas and Southern Missouri this time). With the 2 weekends, I can stretch the trip more. I haven't ridden much of central Tennessee or Western/Central Kentucky so there may be adventure to find there. I could also straddle the Mississippi River for a bit more this way to.

Something to think about while I wait....

I have vacation scheduled for the entire week this year. Can I come out and ride? Since I live 3 miles away my garage will be available if anyone has needs.
You are definitely welcome to attend... just bring the beer!
winksmiley02.gif

I imagine you could do far worse than that. I'd really like to demo ride an FJ-09.
I'm leaning towards taking off Wednesday afternoon and riding more directly to Ohio (skip Arkansas and Southern Missouri this time). With the 2 weekends, I can stretch the trip more. I haven't ridden much of central Tennessee or Western/Central Kentucky so there may be adventure to find there. I could also straddle the Mississippi River for a bit more this way to.

Something to think about while I wait....
You mentioned a weekend meet at Deals Gap. If you want to experience the dragon I would not recommend the weekend. Any weekend. Go during the week. Less traffic and Po-Po.

I imagine you could do far worse than that. I'd really like to demo ride an FJ-09.I'm leaning towards taking off Wednesday afternoon and riding more directly to Ohio (skip Arkansas and Southern Missouri this time). With the 2 weekends, I can stretch the trip more. I haven't ridden much of central Tennessee or Western/Central Kentucky so there may be adventure to find there. I could also straddle the Mississippi River for a bit more this way to.Something to think about while I wait....
Maybe you've ridden a lot of far western Virginia and North Carolina...it does get boring after awhile.

(snerk)

I've been to Deal's Gap 4 times and I've ridden all of Western North Carolina and really all of the Appalacians Virginia and south. I have not ridden West Virginia yet, but certainly hope to do at SEOR. If anyone is planning a ride to the New River Gorge and/or the Highlands Scenic Byway, I'm all over that. They have been on my bucket list for quite a while.

And agree Bob - avoiding the Dragon on any weekend is a plus. Truth be told, on this trip, I just hope to see some old friends at Deal's Gap. It will likely be Thursday and maybe head out on Friday after SEOR. Even so, I don't have to ride the Dragon unless somebody really wants to. There are dozens of better riding roads out there.

I got my Official Ohio Highway map in the mail yesterday. For those of you under 35 years of age, they still make these things called PAPER MAPS. They are fantastic for spreading out on the table and drooling over. Yeah I know - some poor tree was killed in the making of my map, but I'd like to believe it died with honor, knowing that it was going to a noble cause - helping Pants on his adventures!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pants said " I have not ridden West Virginia yet, but certainly hope to do at SEOR. If anyone is planning a ride to the New River Gorge and/or the Highlands Scenic Byway, I'm all over that. They have been on my bucket list for quite a while."

Those are usually destinations for WV specific rides. While they are doable from Marietta it would make for long days and mean you will miss the flat straight boring roads of SEO. I would love the opportunity to show you around WV.

Pants said " I have not ridden West Virginia yet, but certainly hope to do at SEOR. If anyone is planning a ride to the New River Gorge and/or the Highlands Scenic Byway, I'm all over that. They have been on my bucket list for quite a while."
Those are usually destinations for WV specific rides. While they are doable from Marietta it would make for long days and mean you will miss the flat straight boring roads of SEO. I would love the opportunity to show you around WV.
Ooooh, can I tag along on that trip too?...

I got my Official Ohio Highway map in the mail yesterday. For those of you under 35 years of age, they still make these things called PAPER MAPS. They are fantastic for spreading out on the table and drooling over. Yeah I know - some poor tree was killed in the making of my map, but I'd like to believe it died with honor, knowing that it was going to a noble cause - helping Pants on his adventures!!
I believe you are being haunted by the ghost of BeemerDons. I don't think Don ever mastered the skill set required to find the ON button for any GPS.

Well Bob, if we can't do WVA during the SEOR weekend, then I'm heading that way after the weekend. Since it is on the bucket list, and I'm that close, I'd be a fool to turn around then. If you have time and want to guide/lead/follow/join me, that would be ultra cool! If the weather will allow, I'm camping.

Anyone else is also welcome...

Last edited by a moderator:
I took Jim down to see the Gorge a couple years back from Marietta. We ran down 16 most of the way. Makes for a fun filled day. Not a bad ride at all :D