Are there any female FJR owners?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another lady checking in! :clap:

Signing in from MN, last year was my first big encounters with long trips and rain. Not scared of it anymore since I survived just fine, learned quick not to stand up, or the water collects in the most uncomfortable places.

Another lady checking in! :clap:
Signing in from MN, last year was my first big encounters with long trips and rain. Not scared of it anymore since I survived just fine, learned quick not to stand up, or the water collects in the most uncomfortable places.
Totally understood... I rode in the tail end of a hurricane, it rained sideways...... had a rain suit on...but my jeans wer soaked, and my boots didint' dry out for a week!

When I got badk I sprayed that &%*suit with waterproofing to within an inch of it's life...

Had to leave it on the clothesline for a week till the smell went away..

All better now! <G>

Now I know whay some of my friends do not wear underwear ....< :eek:

mary

Had to leave it on the clothesline for a week till the smell went away..All better now! <G>
LOL! Know what you mean. I bought a supposedly, all-weather breathable riding suit and wore it to a track day in Las Vegas. We rode our own bikes there and back in 90 degree heat, plus a day at the track in almost 100 degree heat.

My suit was NOT breathable and was NOT suitable for all weather riding. It's great for commuting in the winter but not for hot weather. At each stop, I had sweat dripping out of the cuffs and ankles. Thank goodness for the CamelBak!

At the hotel, the suit made the room smell REALLY bad. My friends, who wore mesh garments were generous enough to offer me first shower each time we got back.

I have some custom made leathers on order, with a perforated top. They should be cooler for riding in the heat.

Jill

Checking in quickly myself. I've been riding my 04 FJR since 03. I've been away from the boards for awhile due to life stuff. I'm 5'8" w/ 33" inseam. On occasion will have a hard time backing out like others, but the more I ride my baby the easier he is to handle.

Yes, I've been pulled over, no I didn't get a ticket. I find the details on that one and repost here.

Hope to see you at EOM :)

Hey Boofer - Going to the dragon in July - interested?

Checking in quickly myself. I've been riding my 04 FJR since 03. I've been away from the boards for awhile due to life stuff. I'm 5'8" w/ 33" inseam. On occasion will have a hard time backing out like others, but the more I ride my baby the easier he is to handle. Yes, I've been pulled over, no I didn't get a ticket. I find the details on that one and repost here.

Hope to see you at EOM :)

Hey Boofer - Going to the dragon in July - interested?
On occasion will have a hard time backing out like others, but the more I ride my baby the easier he is to handle.

Do all the women refer thier bikes to "He"? oops, did I just start something?

Do all the women refer thier bikes to "He"? oops, did I just start something?
i don't think so. men have been calling their cars "she's" for decades now so it's only natural to us that our bikes are "he's". As big and strong and powerful as my bike is, it's gotta be male!

I call my bike "it" or "the bike", my bikes are genderless (and after the dry spell I've been going through, I'm feeling rather genderless myself)

Tom,
I may be going to Iowa next month, bringing my fjr on the trailer.  where do you suggest I ride in your state?  I will be in wilton, and by the way how is the weather?
Update, I got my bike out yesterday, but not today. Next week looks like mid 30's and maybe snow showers on Monday. When are you coming this way?

Tom

... men have been calling their cars "she's" for decades now so it's only natural to us that our bikes are "he's". As big and strong and powerful as my bike is, it's gotta be male!
Not Rad,

He calls his FRANK

:dribble: :dribble: :haha: :haha:

Brokeback Frank

... men have been calling their cars "she's" for decades now so it's only natural to us that our bikes are "he's". As big and strong and powerful as my bike is, it's gotta be male!
Not Rad,

He calls his FRANK

:dribble: :dribble: :haha: :haha:

Brokeback Frank
"Brokeback Frank"? That's a queer thing to say about Frank. :friends:

CK

Tom,

I may be going to Iowa next month, bringing my fjr on the trailer.  where do you suggest I ride in your state?  I will be in wilton, and by the way how is the weather?
Update, I got my bike out yesterday, but not today. Next week looks like mid 30's and maybe snow showers on Monday. When are you coming this way?

Tom
Still haven't found the right Trailer, looking into the hitch type carrier, but they hold only 600lbs, but I could take off the bags and drain the fuel, but I dont know how safe it will be or if I should just look into a trailer with chocks. So maybe next month I might be in Iowa.

I call my bike "it" or "the bike", my bikes are genderless (and after the dry spell I've been going through, I'm feeling rather genderless myself)
you can always put on your helmet and watch all the FJR video rides under the Image thread..(smile)

Congradulations, zzkenoman, I believe you have started the E turnal post :lol:
I like your avatar, I have a poodle I used to bring along with me when I road my VStar 1100 then I got a tea cup Malteese puppy I call Spanky, Now my poodle gets highly jealous when I take the puppy out for his rides on my FJR.

Thanks zzkenoman, Thats my Bud. He's an Aire(you an't the boss of me)dale. I am a terrerist love the breed.

...Now my poodle gets highly jealous when I take the puppy out for his rides on my FJR.
Has the pup learned how to lean into turns yet? or is he still a..er..a pup? :D
The pup is tucked in my jacket, and usually he sleeps in his comfort zone. The poodle (pierre) has his whole outfit with sunglasses and bandana, and he loves to ride with his head in the wind. For safety, he's strapped in a chest harness, which almost looks like a backpack backwards. I'd like to see pierre come on a long camping trip someday, and maybe look into a carrier built for bikes.

Kudos Larry, real nice pics on your site. I do some amature stuff for a couple car mags of car shows, auctions and the like. Your pics are obviously much better....

Latest posts