Armed Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How messed up is this Nevada CCW reciprocity map??? <_< Oh, and packing.org is back up again...

nevada_imgZvhU9Z_nevada_map.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
How messed up is this Nevada CCW reciprocity map??? <_< Oh, and packing.org is back up again...
nevada_imgZvhU9Z_nevada_map.gif
Nevada used to be any non-felon over 18 (21?) could carry a concealed loaded firearm in your vehicle, not concealed on your person. The NRA would be the place to check for recipical CWP from state to state. Nevada would be (guessing) more linent one. TJ

NRA-ILA May 2004

State law has been interpreted to allow an individual to carry a firearm in their vehicle as long as it is not actually on the person or in a container carried by the person.

https://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=NV

I didn't see any info about out of state permits.

Maybe it's the part about "verifying the other state's licensing is as stringent as Nevadas" where they avoid certifying the others. All I know is that this site

Texas DPS

States the following...

March 24, 2005 Nevada

Note: Texas Governor Rick Perry signed a unilateral proclamation recognizing Nevada Concealed Handgun Licenses on March 24, 2005 allowing citizens with concealed handgun licenses issued by Nevada to legally carry concealed handguns in Texas. This is not a reciprocal agreement, therefore, Texas Concealed Handgun Licenses holders may NOT carry concealed handguns in Nevada.

And here's the Nevada AG's website info...

No Repiprocity for You Mister!

And I quote....

Does Nevada have reciprocity with other states?

Nevada does not have reciprocity with any other states, however, as of 10/01/01 a Nonresident of Nevada is now eligible to apply for a Nonresident concealed firearms permit.

On a similar but different topic, any of you people who hypothetically carry... are any of you carrying a hypothetical Springfield Armory XD45 ACP? I'm hypothetically picking one up tomorrow... My hypothetical Beretta 92FS is a bit too hypothetically bulky.... :ph34r:

OOOOOOH....

AngleLeftLarge.jpg

On a similar but different topic, any of you people who hypothetically carry... are any of you carrying a hypothetical Smithfield Armory XD45 ACP? I'm hypothetically picking one up tomorrow... My hypothetical Beretta 92FS is a bit too hypothetically bulky.... :ph34r:
I've heard nothing but good things about those. I hypothetically carried a Springfield Armory V10 Ultra Compact .45 along with a Browning Buckmark .22 cross country last weekend. My kids had a hypothetical great time dusting up a rock quarry in the Utah desert :D My 12 year old daughter is a regular Annie Oakley :good:

The above link in my pprevious post Feb. 10 3003

Section 1. Chapter 202 of NRS is hereby amended by adding

1-2 thereto the provisions set forth as sections 2 and 3 of this act.

1-3 Sec. 2. 1. A person who is not a resident of this state and

1-4 who possesses a permit to carry a concealed firearm that was

1-5 issued by another state may carry a concealed firearm in this state

1-6 in accordance with the requirements set forth in this section, NRS

1-7 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive, and section 3 of this act if:

1-8 (a) The requirements for the issuance of a permit to carry a

1-9 concealed firearm in that state are at least as stringent as the

1-10 requirements set forth in this section, NRS 202.3653 to 202.369,

1-11 inclusive, and section 3 of this act; and

1-12 ( B) That state has provided by law or agreement that permits

1-13 issued pursuant to this section, NRS 202.3653 to 202.369,

1-14 inclusive, and section 3 of this act are valid in that state.

In Nevada any non felon that wants one can get one... I guess it's best to write a letter from your state asking if Nevada recocnizes the carry permit.

TJ,

That's a Bill... not a law... Bill's can become laws if they're passed by the legislature, but that doesn't always happen (I seem to remember a "Schoolhouse Rock" from my childhood about this.... :lol: ) We had a bill in Texas in the last legislative session about lane-splitting... got everyone jazzed up... didn't ever make it out of committee, therefore it still isn't legal in Texas.

The link I gave from the CURRENT Nevada AG says no reciprocity... I'd think that's as current as it gets.

I hypothetically carried a Kahr K40 in-state when I was living in a gun friendly state. Unfortunately, I was largely surrounded by very unfriendly firearm states where even the "empty handgun in a locked bag" and "ammo locked in a separate locked bag" policy could get you incarcerate at the discretion of the local attorney general. Since I liked to take my day rides without a planned route, I stopped carrying on the bike all together.

For long trips, in addition to a leatherman-type tool I carry a fast opening single blade knife for my own self-delusion of safety. :huh:

For those with the appropriate concealed carry permits, how and where do you carry your firearm. Also throw in the make and calibre if you so desire. Don't laugh but I have a little Bersa Thunder 380 but haven't decided the best was to pack the piece ?

For me, I carry on my person. I like to be in control of the firearm. But this rule only applies when I am riding in VA or other states that honor my VA CCW. Since I am so close to MD and travel up there just about everyday. I then carry it in my side bag with the clip in the glove box.

Berretta 92FS

Who needs a permit? :trinibob:

Back in the old days I'd pack on long hauls. Don't anymore tho B)

Firestar 9mm

Desert Eagle .357 in a tactical holser on the thigh out in the open. Carry in every state Gratis of the 2nd amendment.

In the event of a get off, it doubles as a slider.

Sometimes a 9mm in the tankbag, brand varies by mood :assassin:

Desert Eagle .357 in a tactical holser on the thigh out in the open. Carry in every state Gratis of the 2nd amendment.In the event of a get off, it doubles as a slider.
Now that is a great idea in lieu of Skyway sliders attached to our thighs!

Two inch, five shot SW 38 Special in the cubby box for back up. A 9mm Bereta in my club riding vest or on ossassion a sholder holster.

Thanks to HR 218 i'm good to carry in every state. The only exception is Washington DC. Of course some stupid place like New York City or MA is going to arrest one of us eventually to try and test this. :angry: :angry: :angry:

used to be springfield xd9sc (9mm, subcompact), but now i have to carry a glock 23 (.40 medium-frame). most often i carry in my fanny pack. that's on the bike. i know, any guy wearing a fanny pack whilst being a "pedestrian" is obviously carrying. at least it seems a little more normal-looking on a bike. i used to be comfortable carrying the xd9sc unholstered in a smallish fanny pack, as the xd has a grip safety; however, now that i must carry the glock, it has only the "trigger safety" that to me is not a safety, so i keep it in my paddle holster, and that package is so bulky, i have a larger chase harper pack that i use. i'm going to try to move towards carrying in my tank bag, as i don't need a 5-inch piece of metal banging into my back or hip on a getoff, but it's pretty awkward transitioning from gun in tankbag to gun on hip under shirt when you're in the middle of a parking lot. ( :

My keltec .380 is perfect in a pocketholster ( see PocketHolsters ) in my tank bag...Easy access to get to on the bike if needed, yet isnt on me in case of a get off.

used to be springfield xd9sc (9mm, subcompact), but now i have to carry a glock 23 (.40 medium-frame). most often i carry in my fanny pack.
Exactly why I leave my 23 at home and use my keltec for CCW...That glock, while a great gun, is a little big and uncomfortable to try and carry concealed daily in most situations.

Two ways I carry are; Fanny pack that I throw in my tank bag when I’m riding with extra clip, Shoulder harness and two extra magazines. I find the shoulder harness very comfortable and I like the fact I have quicker access. What good are unloaded inaccessible guns?

Glock 22&23 40S&W

Anyone who is interested in training check out this site. www.tacticalresponse.com

Highly recommended.

S&W 2 inch .357 in a Hume pocket holster on most days, riding or not. Occasionally [on long rides or when its very hot] same kit in rear pocket of mini tank bag.

Alternative is Ruger 9mm in high hip holster under a shirt or jacket. I am trying out the plastic guns for a lighter carry on these days [next up is the M&P 45acp].

Ride safe!