Armed Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baby Glock 27 in 40 S&W in an inside waistband mesh holster. Worn IWB or in inside pocket of jacket.

BTW the Glocks have 3 safeties:

1. trigger safety

2. striker not fully cocked til trigger is pulled

3. striker is blocked til trigger is pulled

Its very safe but "ready for action" like a revolver, just pull the trigger.

Also sometimes carry Beretta 21 pocket semi auto in 22LR; and NA Arms 5 shot pocket revolver, 22LR. .22 isn't a great defensive load but it beats throwing rocks. When a perp sees the NAA revolver, he'll just laugh himself to death.

yea .... my signature line on the other forum.... says ram mounted P-89.....

joke.... but now I see they have one I might consider. it....

It also says I have a Italian made espresso machine on the back rack.

I have pictures of that so.... you just never know?

Tim

Baby Glock 27 in 40 S&W in an inside waistband mesh holster. Worn IWB or in inside pocket of jacket.

1. trigger safety

Also sometimes carry Beretta 21 pocket semi auto in 22LR; and NA Arms 5 shot pocket revolver, 22LR. .22 isn't a great defensive load but it beats throwing rocks. When a perp sees the NAA revolver, he'll just laugh himself to death.
when i was talking about safeties on the glock, i was talking about ones as it related to carrying in a fanny pack unholstered. in that respect, it only has one, the trigger safety, which, to me, isn't that reassuring in this application. the springfield xd has #'s 1 and 3, but in addition the xd has the grip safety, which, for me, gave me a bit more reassurance of carrying it with one in the pipe, but not in a holster, in a smaller fanny pack. no way can i do that with the "safeties' on the glock.

1. trigger safety

when i was talking about safeties on the glock, i was talking about ones as it related to carrying in a fanny pack unholstered. in that respect, it only has one, the trigger safety, which, to me, isn't that reassuring in this application. the springfield xd has #'s 1 and 3, but in addition the xd has the grip safety, which, for me, gave me a bit more reassurance of carrying it with one in the pipe, but not in a holster, in a smaller fanny pack. no way can i do that with the "safeties' on the glock.
Dean would you carrys a DAO revolver? if so whats the diff here. Both my Ruger GP 100 and SP101 in .357 (yes I like the caliber) are very easy AND safe to carry. Both are DA/SA guns. The GP 100 (fully loaded) once fell out of a holster in a move and hit concrete from a 6 foot drop, no discharge (but a nick on the guns finish). # 3 is called a transfer safety bar (at least in the Rugers).

The way it operates is:in 3 parts, the firing pin, the transfer bar, and the hammer.

You can take the hammer, cock it and let it fall, and it will not hit the firing pin unless the trigger is held back. When the trigger is held back, it lifts the transfer bar into position, the hammer hits the bar, then the bar hits the pin, then boom. IE if the hammer does not hit the bar then the pin is not contacted. This may work diff on the glock since it is referred to as a block rather than a transfer , but I am sure the principle is the same.

1. trigger safety

Dean would you carrys a DAO revolver? if so whats the diff here. Both my Ruger GP 100 and SP101 in .357 (yes I like the caliber) are very easy AND safe to carry. Both are DA/SA guns. The GP 100 (fully loaded) once fell out of a holster in a move and hit concrete from a 6 foot drop, no discharge (but a nick on the guns finish). # 3 is called a transfer safety bar (at least in the Rugers).

The way it operates is:in 3 parts, the firing pin, the transfer bar, and the hammer.

You can take the hammer, cock it and let it fall, and it will not hit the firing pin unless the trigger is held back. When the trigger is held back, it lifts the transfer bar into position, the hammer hits the bar, then the bar hits the pin, then boom. IE if the hammer does not hit the bar then the pin is not contacted. This may work diff on the glock since it is referred to as a block rather than a transfer , but I am sure the principle is the same.
probably not. i like the semi-autos as they are slimmer, often weigh less, carry more rounds, and i can do a tactical or emergency magazine exchange quicker on a semi than on a revolver. everyone can pipe up now that it only takes one round, i know. ( :

yes, it would seem that they are mechanically safer, but i really liked the combination of features that the XD had, and felt it was safe enough to carry unholstered in a fanny pack, or bouncing around in a tank bag, with the grip safety. i just can't justify that with the glock.

oh, and two of my fave motorcycle sigs/sayings/potential bumper stickers:

1) if you see me weaving, i'm reloading.

2) honk if you've never seen a gun fired from a motorcycle.

( :

Holster.jpg
Cool.

Hey Frank! Good to see you round these parts - been a while.

How's the new life in Florida treating you?

Ruger SP-101 3" .357 mag in a paddle holster on the hip. Concealed with my shirt over it.

For those times when this isn't possible, there's the Walther .380 in the front pocket.

Hip holster. No need to pull it if you're not going to use it. Not using it, will get YOU killed.

Don't try me. Remember, dead people don't testify in court. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa...

Do you have to be a LEO for this open carty option, or can we all walk around like Jesse James with our 41 colt in a holster?

Wouldn't that tend to draw attention to our weapons?

How about a rifle in a saddle holster like the Rifleman?

Way cool if true.

It is true. So long as the gun is not in your hand (brandishing a weapon possibility) but in a holster or on your back. The 2nd Amendment gives you this right. That doesn't mean some dickhead isn't going to try to give you grief about it. They may try to get you for various items if you un-holster it or sling the rifle from you back, but if the gun is in the open, you can walk through the mall. Private property so you may be asked to leave, then if you get in a car you are NOW concealing and need a permit But it IS totally legal to walk around with a firearm on your person in the open except in the Fed, State building, airport, etc. exceptions. Should you be arrested the NRA would help you with legal battles. That is why I give them money when I can. You could do this even in NY City, but like I said expect hassarment, cause the second they feel it is concealed and you don't have a permit they can and will get you.

I will not argue about the 2nd Amendment right, cause I fully support it. But who wants to take the chance? MD is a real real PITA about it. Since I live in VA but am quite often more than not in MD. I just dont feel like dealing with them and tend to follow the rules of keeping ammo and weapon seperate. I tested the 2nd Amendment right once in MD and if I wasnt already on Private Property I probably would have taken a trip with silver braclets. Not saying it is right, but they just dont seem to care. OK getting of the soap box.

Should you be arrested the NRA would help you with legal battles.
As a life member of the NRA, I wouldn't bet my entire life savings and/or my freedom on that. Unless it's a high-visibility case, you might get as much as a pamphlet in the mail discussing the merits of the original intent of the authors of the 2nd Amendment. But unless you have their support for your specific case (in writing) you could be left flapping in the wind if they choose to focus elsewhere.

Mine is a Kahr MK40 in a DeSantis pocket holster. I normally keep it in right front pants pocket, on the bike it sometimes goes into my inside jacket pocket.

Of course it is impossible to draw in that location. I generally tranfer it to my pants pocket if I go into an establishment.

I also considered a Glock 27, but it is too bulky to use in the pocket holster. I also do not feel as comfortable with the operational safeties on Glocks. I understand how they work, but it requires much less trigger travel and effort (on typical examples) than a revolver in DA or my Kahr.

Even if a DA only has a lightened pull it still requires a fairly long sweep to fire the handgun.

Should you be arrested the NRA would help you with legal battles.
As a life member of the NRA, I wouldn't bet my entire life savings and/or my freedom on that. Unless it's a high-visibility case, you might get as much as a pamphlet in the mail discussing the merits of the original intent of the authors of the 2nd Amendment. But unless you have their support for your specific case (in writing) you could be left flapping in the wind if they choose to focus elsewhere.
Yeah, try packing in Illinois and see what the NRA will do for you. Or anybody else for that matter.

B)

H&K in .40S&W in the top of the tankbag while riding.

We have these big furry creatures with "attitudes" up here. :evilsmiley:

Bummer is that when I go to the states every year I can't carry in Canada.

I've loaned handguns to stateside riders that come up to take a run at Deadhorse.

H&K in .40S&W in the top of the tankbag while riding.We have these big furry creatures with "attitudes" up here. :evilsmiley:

I've loaned handguns to stateside riders that come up to take a run at Deadhorse.
what type and brand of ammo do you use?

H&K in .40S&W in the top of the tankbag while riding.We have these big furry creatures with "attitudes" up here. :evilsmiley:

For the size of the "furry creatures with attitudes" he might have to deal with, I hope it's something explosive!

For the size of the "furry creatures with attitudes" he might have to deal with, I hope it's something explosive!
yeah, checking his location, that's what i was thinking. well, maybe not explosive. there are some rounds being marketed out there that they might as well claim to be explosive, they (the advertisements) are that exaggerated with their claims. but anyway, was just curious...

Well I have never even held a hand gun. Not legal in these parts. But I would like to see what it is like to fire one. I mean how hard can it be. All 3 Charlie's Angels could hit a dime from a football field away!! :)
Think there are any places to try that around Reno when I am at WFO?

gypsy

Just outside indianapolis Indiana there is a firearms dealer called "Pop Guns" they sell to the police all over the state and they also deal in Automatic weapons, Now you cant buy them but since they ahve a range you can rent them, and for 25 bucks its totally worth it, althoguht the 150$ in ammon only lastedme 15 minutes :blink:

I dont have a gun yet but if i EVER carried one on the fjr it would have to be conceiled in the headlights, and fired with the horn button, also you could aim it with the headlight adjuster knobs in the same way you draw with a ETCH-e-sketch only different and with more road rage

I used to have always wanted a replica 1911 but no that iv had THIS awsome idea ill have to look into it instead once i get out of the red