Armed Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like my Firestar 9mm. Tight pattern at 25 yards even after several thousand hot rounds. Seems to like the 110's best :yahoo:

Two inch, five shot SW 38 Special in the cubby box for back up. A 9mm Bereta in my club riding vest or on ossassion a sholder holster.
Thanks to HR 218 i'm good to carry in every state. The only exception is Washington DC. Of course some stupid place like New York City or MA is going to arrest one of us eventually to try and test this. :angry: :angry: :angry:

What's HR218?

I thought it was illegal to carry state-to-state...

What's HR218?
HR218 now in law

Thursday, July 22, 2004

WASHINGTON - Today, in a Roosevelt Room Ceremony the bill which we have come to know simply as H.R. 218 was signed into law by President George W. Bush.

Also known as the "National Concealed Carry for Cops" legislation and the "Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004," this new law allows law enforcement officers to carry their weapons while off duty between states.

What's HR218?
HR218 now in law

Thursday, July 22, 2004

WASHINGTON - Today, in a Roosevelt Room Ceremony the bill which we have come to know simply as H.R. 218 was signed into law by President George W. Bush.

Also known as the "National Concealed Carry for Cops" legislation and the "Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004," this new law allows law enforcement officers to carry their weapons while off duty between states.

Ahhh, guess the rest of us are out of luck.

***Colt Gold Cup 45ACP--SS***

Last edited by a moderator:
not only to carry between states, but to carry concealed anywhere, anytime, with the exception of the obvious: federal buildings, airplanes, etc.

On the bike: Either in a fanny pack on me, or since I had a S&W used as a slider :eek: one night while in the fanny pack, the tank bag with an extra magazine. If in the tank bag there will be a spare Bianchi outside the waistband holster that I can put the rig on my hip if needed when off the bike. On the bike I carry a S&W Performance Center Shorty Nine 9mm. It's a factory hot rodded medium size auto.

Off the bike I carry a Para-Ordnance P12 1911 .45 thats had work, and an extra magazine. I carry it in a Galco outside the waistband paddle holster under a loose shirt or jacket and find it very, very comfortable.

Tough to conceal and reduces gas mileage, but generally only requires one shot!

Presentation1.jpg

Here in Canada we can arm ourselves with verbal vulgarities (as long as you are polite with them).

BTW don't even think about packing on a trip here, the police have no sense of humor about it.

Have carried my Ruger SP101 5-shot .357 mag. SS revolver in my tank bag in the past. But usually only carry if I will be camping.

Have a fanny pack for my Glock 23, but every law enforcement agent knows what might be in there, and wouldn't think of carrying that way out of state. Wonder what the best way would be to carry/conceal my Browning Light 12 guage? :rolleyes:

Desert Eagle .357 in a tactical holser on the thigh out in the open. Carry in every state Gratis of the 2nd amendment.In the event of a get off, it doubles as a slider.

Sometimes a 9mm in the tankbag, brand varies by mood :assassin:
Whoa...

Do you have to be a LEO for this open carry option, or can we all walk around like Jesse James with our 41 colt in a holster?

Wouldn't that tend to draw attention to our weapons?

How about a rifle in a saddle holster like the Rifleman?

Way cool if true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Desert Eagle .357 in a tactical holser on the thigh out in the open. Carry in every state Gratis of the 2nd amendment.In the event of a get off, it doubles as a slider.

Sometimes a 9mm in the tankbag, brand varies by mood :assassin:
Whoa...

Do you have to be a LEO for this open carty option, or can we all walk around like Jesse James with our 41 colt in a holster?

Wouldn't that tend to draw attention to our weapons?

How about a rifle in a saddle holster like the Rifleman?

Way cool if true.
It is true. So long as the gun is not in your hand (brandishing a weapon possibility) but in a holster or on your back. The 2nd Amendment gives you this right. That doesn't mean some dickhead isn't going to try to give you grief about it. They may try to get you for various items if you un-holster it or sling the rifle from you back, but if the gun is in the open, you can walk through the mall. Private property so you may be asked to leave, then if you get in a car you are NOW concealing and need a permit But it IS totally legal to walk around with a firearm on your person in the open except in the Fed, State building, airport, etc. exceptions. Should you be arrested the NRA would help you with legal battles. That is why I give them money when I can. You could do this even in NY City, but like I said expect hassarment, cause the second they feel it is concealed and you don't have a permit they can and will get you.

Report of the Subcommittee on the Constitution of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, 97th Congress, Second Session (February 1982) In 1982, a bipartisan subcommittee (consisting of 3 Republicans and 2 Democrats) of the United States Senate investigated the Second Amendment and reported upon their findings. This report included the following opinions:

The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner.[62]

Concluded that seventy-five percent of BATF prosecutions were "constitutionally improper", especially on Second Amendment issues

In a released Senate report on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Senator Orrin G. Hatch, chairman, U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on the Constitution, and well known gun rights proponent, states
They argue that the Second Amendment's words "right of the people" mean "a right of the state" — apparently overlooking the impact of those same words when used in the First and Fourth Amendments. The "right of the people" to assemble or to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures is not contested as an individual guarantee. Still they ignore consistency and claim that the right to "bear arms" relates only to military uses. This not only violates a consistent constitutional reading of "right of the people" but also ignores that the second amendment protects a right to "keep" arms.

"When our ancestors forged a land "conceived in liberty", they did so with musket and rifle. When they reacted to attempts to dissolve their free institutions, and established their identity as a free nation, they did so as a nation of armed freemen. When they sought to record forever a guarantee of their rights, they devoted one full amendment out of ten to nothing but the protection of their right to keep and bear arms against governmental interference. Under my chairmanship the Subcommittee on the Constitution will concern itself with a proper recognition of, and respect for, this right most valued by free men."[37]

For a more recent judicial interpretation, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit stated in 2001 that

there are numerous instances of the phrase "bear arms" being used to describe a civilian's carrying of arms. Early constitutional provisions or declarations of rights in at least some ten different states speak of the right of the "people" [or "citizen" or "citizens"] "to bear arms in defense of themselves [or "himself"] and the state", or equivalent words, thus indisputably reflecting that under common usage "bear arms" was in no sense restricted to bearing arms in military service.[38]
Admins this is NOT political. Just making the point of HOW one may carry on a bike

It is true. So long as the gun is not in your hand (brandishing a weapon possibility) but in a holster or on your back. The 2nd Amendment gives you this right. That doesn't mean some dickhead isn't going to try to give you grief about it. They may try to get you for various items if you un-holster it or sling the rifle from you back, but if the gun is in the open, you can walk through the mall. Private property so you may be asked to leave, then if you get in a car you are NOW concealing and need a permit But it IS totally legal to walk around with a firearm on your person in the open except in the Fed, State building, airport, etc. exceptions. Should you be arrested the NRA would help you with legal battles. That is why I give them money when I can. You could do this even in NY City, but like I said expect hassarment, cause the second they feel it is concealed and you don't have a permit they can and will get you.
and the distinct possilibility/likelihood of being arrested and charged with inducing panic, disorderly conduct, etc. if you're inclined to challenge common sense and walk around (or drive a motorcycle) with your firearm like a big ol' invitation for sheeple to get on their cells and leos to be on your 6 and your having to cite law in a cruiser, so be it. to each his own. ( :

My keltec .380 is perfect in a pocketholster ( see PocketHolsters ) in my tank bag...Easy access to get to on the bike if needed, yet isnt on me in case of a get off.

used to be springfield xd9sc (9mm, subcompact), but now i have to carry a glock 23 (.40 medium-frame). most often i carry in my fanny pack.
Exactly why I leave my 23 at home and use my keltec for CCW...That glock, while a great gun, is a little big and uncomfortable to try and carry concealed daily in most situations.
yep. i may end up buying a springfield xd45compact with the $ from selling my xd9sc and my xd40service; it's not a baby glock by any standards, but makes up for it in other areas, and i like having 10 rounds of .45acp and being able to carry it more discretely, whether on the bike or on foot.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?model=23