Avila Beach for Lunch North meets South

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, the Paella Run...with the northbound 101 completely shut down and a local boy leading us past the CHP blockade and between the stopped cages and RV's. Didn't vote 'cause don't presently know which day works best for me. Hope to make the run whatever day is selected.

As far as where are we gonna eat, thats easy Fat Cats is where we ate last time we were there so thats the place we shall eat this time.

I will call in the next few days and make some reservations for the 6th.

R

No can do 11/6 or 11/7; going with local group to Sequoia & Kings Cyn thur Kernville that weekend :yahoo:

This is the BEST Time of the year for Riding.

ENJOY :yahoo:
Yo, Barrie, I be heading east with you local guys into the foothills of the Southern Sierra on the 6th.

All o' the rest o' Yall have a good time in our backyard, and keep it sane Yo? :ph34r: :ph34r:

No can do 11/6 or 11/7; going with local group to Sequoia & Kings Cyn thur Kernville that weekend :yahoo:

This is the BEST Time of the year for Riding.

ENJOY :yahoo:
Yo, Barrie, I be heading east with you local guys into the foothills of the Southern Sierra on the 6th.

All o' the rest o' Yall have a good time in our backyard, and keep it sane Yo? :ph34r: :ph34r:

I have to say that I am leaning towards the 6th as that is the night we change the clocks......

Also is it 2 weeks before the weenie ride.

It is also so winning the vote right now.
Fairlaner,

I missed the ride to Avila last time round....... I should be able to join in on the 6th or the 13th. Where's the lunch again?

Thanks for reminding me about the Weenie ride. That's Pinks midnight Bite the Weenie. Would not mind tagging along with you.......are you going by way of the Watts Towers again?

HBLARRY

WW'sFJR

What's the plan for this? Are the SoCal folks riding up there together, or just meeting at Fat Cat's? I'm thinking of getting a hotel somewhere in the area, and have a leisurely ride back on Sunday.

What's the plan for this? Are the SoCal folks riding up there together, or just meeting at Fat Cat's? I'm thinking of getting a hotel somewhere in the area, and have a leisurely ride back on Sunday.
I'm going up Neil. So is fairlaner, and a host of others.
Richard post up all who's going.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going up Neil. So is fairlaner, and a host of others.
Richard post up all who's going.
Man, this sounds like a lot of fun. If Tucson Joe and I weren't heading to El Paso, Tejas to start our Mexico Ride to Copper Canyon for two weeks, I'd be all over this one.

Riding FJR's with Bluesy, dj bill, Fairlaner and Neil is almost as much fun as a root canal or a barium enema! jes' sayin' SOUP SANDWICHES FOR ALL FJR RIDERS!!!

As far as where are we gonna eat, thats easy Fat Cats is where we ate last time we were there so thats the place we shall eat this time.

I will call in the next few days and make some reservations for the 6th.

R
Richard, Any idea what time lunch will be ?
OK first the obvious, at lunch time-ish or lunch-thirty.
OK seriously now... Lets see at fairlaner speed could be from 11:30am or closer to noonthrityish...?? :blink:

Actually that's a great question, and someday Richard may answer it.

I am gonna say 1pm, that way we can head up there via a scenic route, 154, Foxen and Tepesquet would be good.

I have to Call and Make reservations over the weekend.

R

I'm going up Neil. So is fairlaner, and a host of others.Richard post up all who's going.
Man, this sounds like a lot of fun. If Tucson Joe and I weren't heading to El Paso, Tejas to start our Mexico Ride to Copper Canyon for two weeks, I'd be all over this one.Riding FJR's with Bluesy, dj bill, Fairlaner and Neil is almost as much fun as a root canal or a barium enema! jes' sayin' SOUP SANDWICHES FOR ALL FJR RIDERS!!!
beemerdons is just jealous he wasn't formally invited. Can ya blame R for not inviting him?

I am gonna say 1pm, that way we can head up there via a scenic route, 154, Foxen and Tepesquet would be good.

I have to Call and Make reservations over the weekend.

R
Hot Dang

Richard that's a real motorcycle ride..... :clapping:

How about an estimated start time ?

Breakfast? Yes/No/ too early to tell?

WW'sFJR

OK I just made a Reservation for 15 people at 1pm on November 6th at Fat Cats, I will get a more accurate count when I get back from UK.

R