Avila Beach for Lunch North meets South

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't make it on the bike. It will still be in for service at that time. I will see if I can cage it instead, but I can't confirm yet. :(

I cannot speak for the girls, but welcome home.

As mentioned earlier we will meet up you en route. Either as you come through the Malibu/SFValley area or, maybe at Foxen Canyon and San Marcos Pass Road - assuming that you are still planning on heading up that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Joe, yes we are planing on doing Foxen and Tepesquet on the way up.

I am thinking KSU at 9am from the Shell Station at White Oak Ave and Burbank BL.

R

I've been watching this thread as I was going to be out of town, but wasn't 100%. Looks like plans have changed and I'll be in town, so count me in. Will probably just meet everyone in Avila, but might head out Tepesquet in hopes of running into you...not literllay of course :p

Can't make it. I realized it is Dad's birthday, taking him to dinner this weekend.
Hey Sam, long time no see!

What's up with the FeeJ....just down for maintenance?

Right now I'm on the fence for Saturday. Weather's looking real good both onshore and 60 miles out. It might be a Tuna run out of Port San Luis on Fri & Sat for me. Not likely to be in before the shindig but we'll see...it's still a few days off and the forecasts might change.

White Oak and Burbank certainly works for those of us in Tarzana but I am a little surprised to learn it works for others, too. BTW, there is a Mobil station on the west side of White Oak (corner of Burbank) that would make exiting to the 101 Northbound ramp easier than from the Shell on the east side of the street.

I've been watching this thread as I was going to be out of town, but wasn't 100%. Looks like plans have changed and I'll be in town, so count me in. Will probably just meet everyone in Avila, but might head out Tepesquet in hopes of running into you...not literllay of course :p
Cool, I get to see my bud Randy again!

Can't make it. I realized it is Dad's birthday, taking him to dinner this weekend.
Hey Sam, long time no see!

What's up with the FeeJ....just down for maintenance?

Right now I'm on the fence for Saturday. Weather's looking real good both onshore and 60 miles out. It might be a Tuna run out of Port San Luis on Fri & Sat for me. Not likely to be in before the shindig but we'll see...it's still a few days off and the forecasts might change.
Yes, it has been a while Tim. I missed lunch with you while I was on my way to So Cal in August. Well, someday soon. I am sure there will be another last ride of the year RTE this year, possibly in your vicinity again. Maybe I will see you then if I can make it that time :)

As for the Feej, it was a ticker which never audibly ticked. :blink:

Valve guides were not doing too good. :(

No worries though, Zac is taking very good care of it right now as we speak, gonna get a brand new head me thinks. Can't say enough good things about Zac at Roseville Yamaha, he really went to bat for me to get this one fixed, while all that is getting done, he suggested I also change out the cam chain tensioner. At a little over 31K miles I thought it would be good preventive maintenance and gave him the go ahead.

I am not sure if I am getting it back this weekend or next week...which reminds me I need to call Zac tomorrow...

Sorry, We can't make it, previous commitment rules ...........plus the FJR was towed to the wrecker yesterday :( ..........bike shopping :D

is this what you guys are thinking? Map

if so i'll meet up with you guys at the Foxen / San Marcos change off

Sorry I won't be in town (SLO) to have lunch with all 'o yall. Am riding this route to Three Rivers on Saturday the 6th.

Wife and I are going to stop here to take a docent tour Clarke Center for Japanese Art and Culture in Hanford, CA. before heading to an overnighter near Sequoia NP. :yahoo:

Everybody keep a close watch out for the bicycle marathon in SB. Those guys and gals can be mean. :eek:

Ok so after looking thru the posts here is the attendee list.......

Who did I forget?
As it has turned out, I'm on vacation the next two weeks, so I/we can make it from the Northeast! (we in the Highlander/me on bike if solo)

Got room?

1300 hrs. at Fat Cat's, weather should be nice!

Ok so after looking thru the posts here is the attendee list.......

Who did I forget?
As it has turned out, I'm on vacation the next two weeks, so I/we can make it from the Northeast! (we in the Highlander/me on bike if solo)

Got room?

1300 hrs. at Fat Cat's, weather should be nice!
Look who woke up. Good to see you post.

also if you are going near Santa Barbra there is a bicycle Santa Barbara International Marathon event that goes from state street to goleta so traffic is really gona suck
Thanks for the "heads up." That does suck.

Exit the 101 at San Ysidro just past Summerland and take it inland to the 192 to the 154? Or would that take even longer? Santa Barbara traffic jams can be truly monumental.

Hi, Bob!