Avila Beach for Lunch North meets South

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody mind if a stranger drops in last minute? I think I can manage to meet up and make a day of it. Sure would be nice to see you fellas again!

still planning on white oak/ burbank KSU 9:00 A.M.

Come on Fairlaner, I enjoy a brisk pace!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary, it will be good to see you again.

If you guys are setting the usual brisk pace with a 09:00 KSU then I should probably head out a bit in advance of the group.

Ironic that with a rare (first time that I can recall) meeting place right in my neighborhood I likely will not be meeting there.

Anybody mind if a stranger drops in last minute? I think I can manage to meet up and make a day of it. Sure would be nice to see you fellas again!
I'll be go to hell - Duff and Toecutter? Woot freaking Woot! (It will be very good to see you two again)

still planning on white oak/ burbank KSU 9:00 A.M.

Come on Fairlaner, I enjoy a brisk pace!
The only thing to make this better is if you are a crazy-assed darksider... :unsure: (sorry Fairlaner, cheap shot)

Gary, it will be good to see you again.

If you guys are setting the usual brisk pace with a 09:00 KSU then I should probably head out a bit in advance of the group.

Ironic that with a rare (first time that I can recall) meeting place right in my neighborhood I likely will not be meeting there.
Like the ride to AK - just ride your own ride mi amigo, let the flyboys fly and enjoy your ride at the pace of your desire. It's more about being healthy and sound at days end with fond memories of encountered experiences than anything else. I look forward to seeing you again, Joseph.

Sorry, but I have to flake at the last minute. Not enough hours in this weekend to get away and play all day. Y'all stay right out there among them twisties!

Bob you suck........actually Sunday i will be heading to Merced with a friend to pick up a 74 Nova.........

R

Damn. Sorry about that, Bob. Hope to see you at Pinks!

Say "hi" to Brenda for me.

Wait!!

Sunday is better for me...

Um...

Oh crap...

It's too late, isn't it... :huh:

Hope y'all have a lovely adventure tomorrow... I'll be with you in spirit. B)

dcarver ill see you in Creston at 10 in front of the store. :yahoo: I'll be glad to add a few turns to this trip! :yahoo:

Sorry we missed it. Got all suited up and just before we headed out my sister from Lompoc called and was with my oldest sister from out of town that I haven't seen in over a year. We never know she's coming to town till she's here and she proved that true again!

We road on past the Avila turn off expecting to see some FJR's along the route and up to SLO Town to meet the waiting entourage of Family and of all things, ate at Fat Cat's new place in SLO Town.

Yeah buddy, it came down pretty good while we were walking downtown withOUT our gear on! It's always better to have the gear on BEFORE the rain hits. :blink:

Hope you guys all had a safe and enjoyable trip. I'll have to make a gathering where I actually have to ride further than 15 minutes to get to it!

Well,

We had a spirited ride, no injuries (that I am aware of) and a good lunch with great company. We did have a little rain, but Don's bike needed some of the dirt washed off of it anyway! Thanks everyone!

Home safe and sound! +1 on the thanks everyone!

Once we got past the bicycles,the rest of Foxen Canyon was fun! Tepasquet was a blast!

We didn't hit rain 'till we pulled in for lunch and managed to ride out from under it on the way home. Good lunch and great visiting!

Big thanks to Fairlaner for leading the way!

Sorry we missed it. Got all suited up and just before we headed out my sister from Lompoc called and was with my oldest sister from out of town that I haven't seen in over a year. We never know she's coming to town till she's here and she proved that true again!

We road on past the Avila turn off expecting to see some FJR's along the route and up to SLO Town to meet the waiting entourage of Family and of all things, ate at Fat Cat's new place in SLO Town.

Yeah buddy, it came down pretty good while we were walking downtown withOUT our gear on! It's always better to have the gear on BEFORE the rain hits. :blink:

Hope you guys all had a safe and enjoyable trip. I'll have to make a gathering where I actually have to ride further than 15 minutes to get to it!
LOL - life is like a bunch of Fat Cats sometimes... sorry you couldn't make it but understand why. We need to get a Central Cal FJR group going - modeling the No Cal group.

Well,

We had a spirited ride, no injuries (that I am aware of) and a good lunch with great company. We did have a little rain, but Don's bike needed some of the dirt washed off of it anyway! Thanks everyone!
Actually, it didin't rain enough and now all I have are mud cakes on the rims and under-belly! Great to see you again Duff - I had forgotten how much I enjoy your wit. We gots to ride more often, eh?

Home safe and sound! +1 on the thanks everyone!

Once we got past the bicycles,the rest of Foxen Canyon was fun! Tepasquet was a blast!

We didn't hit rain 'till we pulled in for lunch and managed to ride out from under it on the way home. Good lunch and great visiting!

Big thanks to Fairlaner for leading the way!
Great to see you again RedTail!

Also very good to meet a new FJR peep - Cybrd0wn. He's a proficient rider, keeps a good pace, knows about spacing and traffic logic. Kind of cool to meet/ride with new peeps.

Looking forward to those who took pix -