Avila Beach for Lunch North meets South

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap.

I need to bug out. The rear shock has gone kaput.

I'll be taking it out Saturday instead of riding.

Have fun. See you next time.
Hi Roy, you know you could ride over to johnny80s and reassemble his rear wheel for him; then ride behind Juan to Avila Beach for Northerners vs. Southerners Lunch.

I definitely DO NOT recommend johnny80s bringing his rear shock over to your house and putting it on your bike; this would result in Juan being right behind your butt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ain't no big THANG but I thought I'd make a note of it....

Light rain is in our forecast here (Avila) for Saturday afternoon. Sunday we'll see a little heavier rain from another, slightly larger front moving through.

That is all....

Ain't no big THANG but I thought I'd make a note of it....

Light rain is in our forecast here (Avila) for Saturday afternoon. Sunday we'll see a little heavier rain from another, slightly larger front moving through.

That is all....
40%? Hey, CrZy8 might get a bath this year after all!

Water ain't nothing for them tough as nails so cal boyz..

...and if it ain't freezing, it aint shit sez the nor cal boyz (and galz)

See you all there!

Crap.

I need to bug out. The rear shock has gone kaput.

I'll be taking it out Saturday instead of riding.

Have fun. See you next time.
Hi Roy, you know you could ride over to johnny80s and reassemble his rear wheel for him; then ride behind Juan to Avila Beach for Northerners vs. Southerners Lunch.

I definitely DO NOT recommend johnny80s bringing his rear shock over to your house and putting it on your bike; this would result in Juan being right behind your butt!

10-4

Hey Bluesman, Janet and I are leaving tomorrow morning from Costa Mesa. Let me know if you want to meet up in Orange County.

If you want, we can meet in Creston, I'll take you on some back roads you'll remember for life - additional time = approx 45 minutes. Understand if you want to 'bee-line' 101 to Avila.
What time and where? I'd rather not go up your driveway if there's not a party at the end of it. Almost fell down last time on my way in, without doing any drinking. That dirt road is even dangerous to a select few cagers, as I recall....

Hi Dons and all! Doing pretty good here! Just been busy with newer pursuits and not much time to hang out in forums. Built a new bicycle to upgrade from my 25 year-old steel sled, then promptly went out and got stung again on its first ride past the city limits. That was a bad situation. Two Epi-pens later, I laid unconscious for ten minutes on the roadside, waiting for the county engine to get there, while my brothers on a city engine were 1-1/2 miles away eating lunch. Damned jurisdictional boundaries....

Bob and Bees don't get along, i remember a round of golf in Colorado with out the pen and a very worried Bob.........

See you tomorrow right?

R

Two Epi-pens later, I laid unconscious for ten minutes on the roadside
Not sure this really qualifies as a "newer pursuit." Maybe you should go back to killing rabbits with your feet, Toe.

See you manana!

If you want, we can meet in Creston, I'll take you on some back roads you'll remember for life - additional time = approx 45 minutes. Understand if you want to 'bee-line' 101 to Avila.
What time and where?
How about 10:00 beautiful downtown Creston at the store? Have you ever been to Pozo?

If not we can modify this route.

Ms dCarver will be pillion assuming no rain - so can't get too crazy on the twistiness.. or can we? :p

One route

We will either (1) meet the Socal "group" at White Oak and Burbank for some tire kicking prior to KSU at 09:00h then take 101/154/101 up to the Avila Beach cutoff (skipping Foxen and Tepesquet so that we don't arrive at Avila too far behind the motorcycles), or (2)head out earlier than the Socal group and plan to "meet up" as they pass us somewhere on 154 or Foxen, or (3) meet everyone at Fat Cat's. Probably won't flip this particular three-sided coin until the a.m. so, don't spend any energy looking for us unless we're waving/radioing from the car.

Depussyfied list.......

Fairlaner

Sin_Loki

Tree Doc

Cibrdown

Dcarver and Shauna

Hycle now that he has the time off........

RogandDeb

NeilinSanDiego and Janet

03Silverbullet

MCML and Valerie

Redtail

Who is actually going to be at White Oak and Burbank? do I need to stop?????

R

We were going to stop at White Oak, but if you just want to go, we'll meet you up there. We wouldn't be keeping up your pace anyway... :unsure:

Hmmmm...something tells me this might be fun!

I'm staying off the "pussyfied" list but will forego the local rides. My wife will be onboard, she's way more personable than me. She just came off of recent surgery so her seat time has to be cut short. We'll just arrive in Avila like a couple of posers a little before 1:00. :p

As far as i know Red tail and Silverbullet should be at White Oak, but you never know.

And if it is just Richard Steve and me you better not be late, if you are you will never catch us............

R

Daniel, 9.45 might be a little on the optimistic side......we might be quick but we ain't that quick. it is 109 miles from our starting place so you might be better off being there around 10.15-10.30.

R

Daniel, 9.45 might be a little on the optimistic side......we might be quick but we ain't that quick. it is 109 miles from our starting place so you might be better off being there around 10.15-10.30.

R
10:00 -10:30 , will be there

since work is a bit slow (cadaver lab day) the plan weather permitting