Avila Beach for Lunch North meets South

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been watching this thread as I was going to be out of town, but wasn't 100%. Looks like plans have changed and I'll be in town, so count me in. Will probably just meet everyone in Avila, but might head out Tepesquet in hopes of running into you...not literllay of course :p
Cool, I get to see my bud Randy again!
Hey Don, you interested in heading out Tepesquet a ways? We could meet at 101/166 around 11:30 or so? Anyone else local interested?

also if you are going near Santa Barbra there is a bicycle Santa Barbara International Marathon event that goes from state street to goleta so traffic is really gona suck
Thanks for the "heads up." That does suck.

Exit the 101 at San Ysidro just past Summerland and take it inland to the 192 to the 154? Or would that take even longer? Santa Barbara traffic jams can be truly monumental.

Hi, Bob!
if you guys go that route be on the look out for leos, also i heard there is some construction in some of those parts (on a Saturday it should be clear)

Daniel you missed the turn for Foxen on your map.....as far as traffic is concerned that why we lane share.........

I have a route for your Zumo if'n anyone wants it.......PM me with email address.

R

R, since I rarely lane share, and couldn't in the S2K even if I were to be so inclined, do you have a rough timeline for the way points?

KSU White Oak and Bubank 09:00

Foxen Canyon and 154 ____ ?

166 and 101 _____ ?

Fat Cats _______?

Thanks.

ok lets try this.......

154 and Foxen at 10.30am (109 miles)

166 and 101 at 11.45am (50 miles)

Fat Cats 12.15pm (25 miles)

these are approximate times and if we are early we ain't stopping.

R

Wouldn't expect ya' to.

Thanks for the estimates.

I will let you know where we'll likely meet up when I settle on my logistic.

Ch 15.0?

also if you are going near Santa Barbra there is a bicycle Santa Barbara International Marathon event that goes from state street to goleta so traffic is really gona suck
Thanks for the "heads up." That does suck.

Exit the 101 at San Ysidro just past Summerland and take it inland to the 192 to the 154? Or would that take even longer? Santa Barbara traffic jams can be truly monumental.

Hi, Bob!

The SB1/2M course crosses under the 101, a few miles after we turn off to 154N. The turn off should be free and clear of healthy running persons.

Richard please count me and the misses in for lunch @ Avila. We live local to the area and would like to meet everyone. Will try and

and meet you all at foxen and 154. If not we will see you at Avila

Reddog

I was thinking about riding through Creston on the way to Avila Beach.

Do I need to look out for marathon runners in Creston?

I just called fat cats and up'ed the reservation from 15 to 20, i also told them that some people will be there earlier and some later so not to make it 1 big table........

So when you get there grab yourself a table.............This I hope will speed up the food service and enable us to get home before midnight.

see ya there.

R

he said midnight

... requires an explanation
Ooh, ooh: Roy, pick me, please pick me; I can speak Fairlaner. Midnight would be Richard's thirteenth Southern Comfort and Coca-Cola, or, his 84th cigarette of the day! I got this one right, didn't I!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about riding through Creston on the way to Avila Beach.

Do I need to look out for marathon runners in Creston?
Mike, there are only two things that you need to look out for in Creston: Cow patties and Carver!
If you want, we can meet in Creston, I'll take you on some back roads you'll remember for life - additional time = approx 45 minutes. Understand if you want to 'bee-line' 101 to Avila.

I just called fat cats and up'ed the reservation from 15 to 20, i also told them that some people will be there earlier and some later so not to make it 1 big table........

So when you get there grab yourself a table.............This I hope will speed up the food service and enable us to get home before midnight.

see ya there.

R
It seems that Fat Cats has lost the lease at that location - but somebody is still serving food - all is good.

Oh, I just spent 4 weeks at Avila - does this entice anyone?

Sunrise

DSC07699.jpg

Just ate dinner there late last night. Someone alluded to changes there so I asked the waitress and she said the restaurant transferred into the owner's wife's name and he has the new location in SLO Town. Not sure what that's all about but she said they weren't going anywhere so I hope she's not blowing smoke, it's a regular spot for me during the fishing season as well as winter.

When I see him, I'll hit up Steve McGrath the Harbor Manager and see what he knows.