• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Awesome deal on cold weather gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went for a ride into Nevada yesterday on my new to me V-Strom, which doesn't have heated grips yet. Saw lows of 23 and highs of 35 degrees on my ride. I had Teknic waterproof and insulated winter gloves on and honestly without heated grips they sucked, my fingertips were going numb, I stopped every couple hours to warm my hands. I missed the FJR so badly!
This morning I ordered a set of these, hope these work a lot better. Thanks!
Honestly? For temps that low, there is no substitute for heated gloves. Even heated grips don't cut it below the freezing mark. YMMV

<snip> Saw lows of 23 and highs of 35 degrees on my ride. I had Teknic waterproof and insulated winter gloves on and honestly without heated grips they sucked, my fingertips were going numb, I stopped every couple hours to warm my hands. I missed the FJR so badly!
This morning I ordered a set of these, hope these work a lot better. Thanks!
Honestly? For temps that low, there is no substitute for heated gloves. Even heated grips don't cut it below the freezing mark. YMMV
I have done those temps before comfortably on the FJR with handguards. Same handguards on the V-strom but it doesn't move air like the FJR does. It's only my fingertips which were hurting, I was fine elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I have handguards and heated grips too on both the 'strom and the FJR.

Get yourself some heated gloves and never worry about cold hands again. You will wonder why you waited so long.

I was one of the early ones to order and the only thing that has happened since is that my credit card charge has already shown up on my bank statement. Has anyone received notice or checked their account to verify their order has been shipped or is being processed?

I was one of the early ones to order and the only thing that has happened since is that my credit card charge has already shown up on my bank statement. Has anyone received notice or checked their account to verify their order has been shipped or is being processed?
I received an Order Confirmation Email.

Nah, I have handguards and heated grips too on both the 'strom and the FJR.
Get yourself some heated gloves and never worry about cold hands again. You will wonder why you waited so long.
The 'strom gets heated grips ASAP and will also possibly look into heated gloves. The FJR is the go-to winter motorcycle, but I wanted to give the 'strom a shot to see how it does and what needs to change.

I haven't received anything but it appears my CC was charged when I submitted my order (at 1:26 AM) without any human interaction. Its a small amount of money but I think it is a bush league way of doing business. My account, since I ordered, shows my order status as "Submitted", whatever that means.

I haven't received anything but it appears my CC was charged when I submitted my order (at 1:26 AM) without any human interaction. Its a small amount of money but I think it is a bush league way of doing business. My account, since I ordered, shows my order status as "Submitted", whatever that means.
I have an order confirmation email also. Says to contact customer service for shipping information, or I can click the link. That takes me to the customer log-in page. Since I didn't sign up to be on their email list or something, I would have to call CS for info. I'm not worried about it. Figure they'll show up soon enough.

I have an order confirmation email also. Says to contact customer service for shipping information, or I can click the link. That takes me to the customer log-in page. Since I didn't sign up to be on their email list or something, I would have to call CS for info. I'm not worried about it. Figure they'll show up soon enough.
Enter the email you used previously in the same field and hit submit and it will take you to your order info. I didn't sign-up either.

I found these linked from the FZ1oa forum, and bought an XL pair also without creating an account. The site still accepted the SENDFREE code for a total of $17.50. PayPal already paid the seller. Stay tuned for review.

~Roger

I also received a confirmation email with a link. The link takes me to an order status page (I did create an account during the order) and the status there says "Submitted"

Anyone got anything more than a "submited"?

Sent them an email through their website, received back:

"One of our Customer Service Representatives from Dahlonega, Georgia will be in contact with you very shortly."

At the price they are selling them and the number of forums it was posted on - probably got swamped by orders.
unknw.gif

For those people who have received their gloves, do they look like motorcycle gloves which will protect your hands in case you go sliding down the road?

Damn! On Sunday I realized I could use a couple of other items so after going back to their site, found that the free shipping code still worked and placed a second order. Now just a little while ago I get confirmation of both orders along with a Black Friday Special notice talking about 25% all orders and free shipping. I quickly called Customer Service to see if I could halt my second but no good. Amy there checked the status of my orders finding both filled and to be shipped out overnight. And as the warehouse crew went home at 1630, I am out of luck. Passing this along as she said Marketing just told them about Friday's sale this afternoon and they anticipate numerous items going on clearance of which the 25% off will also apply.

Got my gloves today, 11/27. I ordered on 11/22, so it took 5 calendar days. They came via FedEx.

They look like nice durable cold weather gloves. Rugged enough to survive a crash and pliable enough for skiing.

Got my gloves today, 11/27. I ordered on 11/22, so it took 5 calendar days. They came via FedEx.
They look like nice durable cold weather gloves. Rugged enough to survive a crash and pliable enough for skiing.
Good news! I ordered at 1:26 AM on 11/22 and my status is still "Submitted" but maybe they have already been shipped. It would be nice to have a tracking number so I will know what day to be home because the local delivery drivers just leave the package on the porch if no one is home.