• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Awesome deal on cold weather gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^I honestly think they started on the east coast first. Maybe they're going in order by zip codes. As far as I can tell, all of us griping are west of the Mississippi.
Or maybe since they are on the East Coast (GA) it doesn't take FedEx as long to deliver them as it does out West...
That is certainly true but it doesn't explain why those on the East Coast received their gloves before the West Coast gloves were even shipped. It hasn't been a total loss, we all seem to have a need to complain about something and its always better to be able to complain about something that cost less than $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^I honestly think they started on the east coast first. Maybe they're going in order by zip codes. As far as I can tell, all of us griping are west of the Mississippi.
I'm in Eastern TN and haven't received mine yet either. My order was placed on Nov. 23rd and still shows "submitted". I'm not complaining though. I'm just hopeful they will arrive eventually.

Earlier this year I bought some LED lights out of China, and I think they actually took the "slow boat from China". They got here a little over a month.

-R

I'm in Eastern TN and haven't received mine yet either. My order was placed on Nov. 23rd and still shows "submitted". I'm not complaining though. I'm just hopeful they will arrive eventually.Earlier this year I bought some LED lights out of China, and I think they actually took the "slow boat from China". They got here a little over a month.

-R
You might want to give them a call to help nudge your order past "submitted"... seemed to work for me. :)

I got my gloves today, I was out with my dogs when a U-Haul truck pulls up. WTF?
I worked at a mall once, and we had a UPS guy who's primary responsibility was delivering goods to all of the small stores in the mall. At Christmas time he'd roll in with UHaul's largest truck. Told me that his UPS truck just couldn't haul enough so they got him the UHaul every year.

Earlier this year I bought some LED lights out of China, and I think they actually took the "slow boat from China". They got here a little over a month.
Good things come to those who wait. My stupid aftermarket fork uppers got here from China in like three days....and they were crap! These gloves are worth the wait, and you can't beat the price. Heck, if they'd taken a month I'd still be super happy with them.

Mine's on the FedEx truck for delivery! Will let you know how they look, feel, fit when I get them today! :)

Got mine yesterday - ordered a large and xlarge - the large while it fit was tight and constricting to me - the XL was perfect......

I'd bet that once worn in the large would be ok for me, but only time will tell....

great deal on the gloves - thanks again for the heads up

I'm in Eastern TN and haven't received mine yet either. My order was placed on Nov. 23rd and still shows "submitted". I'm not complaining though. I'm just hopeful they will arrive eventually.Earlier this year I bought some LED lights out of China, and I think they actually took the "slow boat from China". They got here a little over a month.

-R
You might want to give them a call to help nudge your order past "submitted"... seemed to work for me. :)
My order is still shown as "Submitted" but when I looked at my Account I found that I also have a FedEx tracking number and that the gloves were shipped yesterday.

My order still shows submitted, but I have a tracking number. No delivery date but it says they arrived at the FedEx facility.

Mine are expected for this Fridays delivery, and I ordered them last Friday. I called their customer service mentioning that I had not observed a status update, and she mentioned that it was shipped already and sent the tracking number to my e-mail while I was on the phone.

Mine arrived in Western WA a day early. Quality wise you won't be disappointed. Price wise you'll be very impressed. Size wise..... I used their sizing chart and based on that I ordered 1 size up cause I like a looser fit. Still tight across the knuckles. I like thin palms and these aren't thin based on what I'm used to, however, certainly not overly bulky by any means.

They are definitely "Keepers" cause I'm expecting they'll stretch out a bit and also provide a warm hand experience.

Thanks to Chuck35 for the heads-up on this deal.

Keep Going!

Gloves.JPG

Yup, finally got mine, too! VERY nice gloves for the money. I paid $19.00 for a pair of Winter gloves from Jafrum about ten years ago, and these are made even better. What a deal!

Thanks for the heads up, guys!

-R

I got mine yesterday, FedEx signature, bah. I had to have them diverted to a FedEx facility near me for pick up. Not sure why they want a signature for a pair of gloves...
unsure.png

I usually wear an XL in gloves and these fit fine. My finger tips had a little extra room in length. They are super comfy. I like them! To be picky - They call them "Ski-Style gloves for extreme conditions", They don't call them "motorcycle gloves". I hope they give adequate protection in the event they are needed on a bike. None the less I think they are fantastic for $17.50, you can't go wrong.
yahoo.gif

In fact, I'm going to buy another pair and pay the $10 shipping (I tried the coupon again, it expired).

I used them today in high 40's temp going to work, toasty warm. Tomorrow it should be colder, maybe high 30's, we'll see how they do there.

** Update** 12/5/13

It was 42º this morning and factoring in windchill it was like being at 26º. I could start to feel my fingers were getting colder. Not bad, not freezing but by the time I got to work I could feel it. My hands/fingers felt pretty good though when I removed the gloves, it was colder out of the gloves for sure. My old gloves in high 30's temp my fingers would be quite cold to where I'd warm them on the side cases of the motor, and it would take some time for them to thaw out.

** Update** 12/9/13

I rode to work this morning, it was about 42º, 16 miles mostly freeway at freeway speeds. Arrived at work and it was 37º. I was all toasty warm including my digits, and when I took my hands out of the gloves and walked to my building I felt the cold then. Gloves did a great job, happy so far; although I’d like to see more motorcycle protection on the gloves.

**Update** 12/10/13

Latest cold test (I think I''m done) very good again.

I left this morning for work (same mostly highway at those speeds for 16 miles) and it was 36º. The gloves did well again. My only advice to the manufacturers would be that the gloves be more for motorcyclists, more fall protection. Although i don't believe these really are classified as "motorcycle" gloves.
wink.png

They are nice and thanks again for the post.

Simon, don't have my gloves yet, but they sente an email to peddle more shit.

Promo code FF20 gets an extra 20% off and FREESHIPDEC will get you free shipping through Dec 22nd...Maybe 28th, but I don't remember.

Got mine yesterday. Nice gloves, but seem equivalent to my Teknic waterproof winter gloves, don't seem to be any warmer, but of course at a much lower price. FedEx delivery, but no signature required.

These will go into storage to be used when my Teknic gloves wear out. One thing I did notice however, is that the gauntlet is not as wide as my Teknic gloves, it will be a tight squeeze fitting my Klim Jacket sleeve with armor underneath to fit into that smaller gauntlet.

Got mine yesterday. Nice gloves, but seem equivalent to my Teknic waterproof winter gloves, don't seem to be any warmer, but of course at a much lower price. FedEx delivery, but no signature required.
These will go into storage to be used when my Teknic gloves wear out. One thing I did notice however, is that the gauntlet is not as wide as my Teknic gloves, it will be a tight squeeze fitting my Klim Jacket sleeve with armor underneath to fit into that smaller gauntlet.
Sam, do you need me to help you figure out how to get big things into small spaces??

Sam, do you need me to help you figure out how to get big things into small spaces??
I think his current lady friend probably has that covered...
wink.png

Simon, don't have my gloves yet, but they sente an email to peddle more shit.Promo code FF20 gets an extra 20% off and FREESHIPDEC will get you free shipping through Dec 22nd...Maybe 28th, but I don't remember.
HRZ - I also received the E-mail I was debating last night on another pair, I'll probably do it now since it's so cheap.

I had no fitment issues and it was a little tighter over my lined jacket and flannel shirt, but it made it.

Again, I'm not sure if these are truly MC gloves. The lack of more robust protection is a slight concern, but they are pretty good and very cheap in cost. They seem well made.

Just ordered another set of gloves for $15.40 OTD (they charged me $1.40 tax)

Now thru December 8 The following codes will get you 20% off (Selected items) and Free Shipping.

FF20 (for 20% off)

FREESHIPDEC (for free shipping)

Plug in FF20 first then FREESHIPDEC, you'll get both discounts.

I order mine on the November 21st and still do not have them
sad.png