Big Bear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slappy

Great looking ride and I am definitely interested. As to food I am happy either way.

Best

Grant

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is god so against me on this one. 39 looks amazing. 2 is still closed and will be for some time again.
OK can anyone tell me about this. Sunland off the 210 Big Tujunga canyon road to Angeles Forest to Angeles Crest Highway. This bypasses the closed section of 2 and almost links up at 39. According to Google maps it looks nice. I cannot find any info on that road.
I rode this route Wednesday across to to Wrightwood. It's open and the road conditions are good. About 68 miles from Tujunga to Wright wood.

It's definitely the long way to Big Bear.

Slappy, forgot to mention. A lot of sand on Big Tujunga Canyon road and parts of Angeles Forest Hwy.

They are still clearing out the debris basins and drainage ditches from the Station fire. A lot of truck traffic and a couple of places where there is 1 lane traffic (with flagmen), to accommodate the truck traffic. At least during the week.

OK it looks like the 5th is the better date. Now I need to contact CAL Trans and figure out what roads are closed and which ones arent and come up with some sort of alternate route for 138.
The back side (no perv comments) of BB we took last year was fine.
You know you like the back side better.

This picture is for Neil since I torment him so much.

bikini200400355wggr7.jpg
Nice backside. But... Do you have the rest of this picture - frontside also please.

Slappy, you are just too accommodating; you keep moving the starting point closer and closer to my front door. If you get any farther north I can do the ride in my jammies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Might I suggest a rest stop a Newcombs Ranch, after the fires last fall the owner wasn't sure if he was going to reopen.

I think it's open only on the weekends now, and they need the support of the motorcycle community.

I have updated the first post to include the ride route and list of participants. If I missed anyone let me know.

Dave, thanks for the invite in FB. I miss this group since I sold my FJR but I'm in for this ride with my GW. I'll see if the wife would want to tag along. How many ladies do we have so far?

jefsantiago, not including your better half there will be at least 3 ladies. MsNascar, Janet, Shawn. If you count Dave and Simon that will make at least 5. Simon can count as two depending on his mood. Usually there are more so you never really know until everyone shows up.

Would loved to have joined you guys but I'll be winging it to England on June 5th for a couple of weeks. I'll give you lads a wave as I fly overhead. Have fun.

P.S. Who's turn is it to wipe out this year?

Jordy without Richard and with Dan on a leash all thats left is Bill and Lanny. It should actually be a pretty sane ride.