Big Bear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jefsantiago, not including your better half there will be at least 3 ladies. MsNascar, Janet, Shawn. If you count Dave and Simon that will make at least 5. Simon can count as two depending on his mood. Usually there are more so you never really know until everyone shows up.
Don't piss me off big boy! :p
Cool come on along Jeff!

Jeff and I were at Cal Speedway checking tires again this year for the AMA.

Jordy without Richard and with Dan on a leash all thats left is Bill and Lanny. It should actually be a pretty sane ride.
Lanny's going? Again? :angry2: :( :huh:
I'm not sure I want to go now. :D :p

Last edited by a moderator:
jefsantiago, not including your better half there will be at least 3 ladies. MsNascar, Janet, Shawn. If you count Dave and Simon that will make at least 5. Simon can count as two depending on his mood. Usually there are more so you never really know until everyone shows up.
Don't piss me off big boy! :p
Cool come on along Jeff!

Jeff and I were at Cal Speedway checkling tires again this year for the AMA.

Jordy without Richard and with Dan on a leash all thats left is Bill and Lanny. It should actually be a pretty sane ride.
Lanny's going? Again? :angry2: :( :huh:
I'm not sure I want to go now. :D :p
[SIZE=18pt]Bite me!!!![/SIZE]

Now I'm goin' for sure.

Man oh man, I wish this ride was on Sunday instead of Saturday; I'd be on this ride with mis amigos, for sure! With my girlfriend Donna not getting off work until 5pm Friday, makes this unobtainable.

A great list of good guys and gals going on this one. Looks like an excellent stop for chow and a challenging route too. Have fun, take care and keep the rubber side down - the paint side up, my friends!

I will be heading home from Baja that day so I will not be able to make the ride. Have fun!

Duke & I should be going! My ride'n bud Ken is ride'n to the barstow area on Friday fer a train convention or somethin. So we will ride with him & spent the nite in apple valley on friday & ride up to big bear/lake arrowhead saturday & meet ya all at the resturant (ya have an ETA?) Maybe ride with recreate from apple valley?

I will be heading home from Baja that day so I will not be able to make the ride. Have fun!
Joseph, mi bueno Amigo: You rode to Baja without tu Papa Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"? Que lastima! You know that tu Hermano Chuy will ride to Baja Mexico at the drop of a sombrero, ese!!!

I agree, it's Fairlaner's fault!

BeemerDon, I am certainly aware of your proclivities! It is a long story, mi amigo. What started out to be a ride several months ago has morphed into flying down to SJD for a couple of days of fishing for yellowtail and a couple of days of hanging out in Los Barilles. My friends from Seattle and Victoria are going to truck their bikes down here (what can I say, neither rides an FJR). We will do some day rides. They then will go back up I5 to Vashon Island, WA and Victoria, BC and then we all get on airplanes in different cities and end up at the airport in San Jose del Cabo.

It's Richard's fault.

BeemerDon, I am certainly aware of your proclivities! It is a long story, mi amigo. What started out to be a ride several months ago has morphed into flying down to SJD for a couple of days of fishing for yellowtail and a couple of days of hanging out in Los Barilles. My friends from Seattle and Victoria are going to truck their bikes down here (what can I say, neither rides an FJR). We will do some day rides. They then will go back up I5 to Vashon Island, WA and Victoria, BC and then we all get on airplanes in different cities and end up at the airport in San Jose del Cabo.
It's Richard's fault.
Joseph, mi Compadre; this sounds like a wonderful vacation and you fine folks will have a fantastic time! As you know, I first met mi illegitimate bastard Hijo (Son) SkooterG when he showed up the week before Thanksgiving of 2004 on a brand new shiny FJR to ride to Cabo San Lucas on a Baja California Ride I had posted to the AZ Beemers and Fast Tour Club M/C websites.

And just like an albatross, rats or a dead chicken, SkooterGregM has been hanging around me ever since; he is like a bad case of the clap that no penicillin can get rid of, a regular human STD!

However, Mister Marbach and I were just discussing bringing back this Run to Los Cabos Motorcycle Adventure in April of 2011. Hopefully, you and the rest of the SoCal mooks can ride to SJD with us!

As always: It's Richard's fault! Just wish I could make this Big Bear Ride, always fun riding along with those ugly bastards from Southern California. Thanks to johnny80s, food stops are always great!

where do you want to meet the group jeff.let me know,jeff can take lanny,hes a good rider.
DJBill, looks like a good place to meet the group would be in the Shell station off 138 and 15 Fwy. I'm also thinking of just doing the 80 miles to meet them at starbucks, what do you think?

All of the finalized info is on the first page of this post. If you have any questions let me know.

no fairlainer,no fkn map.
Hmmm...looks like Fairlaner's fault once again.
Gunny! Maybe if Richard were really nice he'd do it anyway, what else does he do all day? Or maybe he'd get us lost. :dribble:
Maybe Dave will do it. Why isn't slappy doing it? He organized this event. :blink:

BTW - There is a cool vintage wooden boat (Chris Craft and Gar Wood, etc) show at LA, on June 5-6.

Lake Arrowhead.net

Scroll down and look towards the bottom of the page, and scroll the upcoming events calendar for more info. ;)

Everything always seems to be Fairlaners fault. With all of the supposed road closures and the "lack of" a Fairlaner downloadable GPS map, seems the ride will a bit chaotic with everyone riding around aimlessly slipping and sliding on sand ladden roads waiting in line for a flagman to clear you to pass. Sounds like fun!

I would love to go on this ride, perhaps I will show up. There is a good list of riders listed to go on this ride. Back many years ago I lost my KZ-1000 in a curve on the way home (to Hacienda Heights) from Big Bear while hanging with two friends riding RD-400's and another on a CB-750 (unsuccessfully I might add). Maybe this could be a chance to redeem myself.

Need to wear off some more rubber off of my PRII's anyway. Fairlaner doesn't realize the trouble he is causing by allowing visitors to come visiting! He's gonna have to stop this and keep doing his job creating maps to download for those of us that don't know what a map is.

Has a dedicated route been established yet?