Bringing that average owner age down!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK - I'm a little puzzled by the perception that the FJR is an old guy's bike. This is the biggest displacement bike I've owned since the Kawasaki 1000 with a Vetter Windjammer I installed myself in the early 70s ( I guess that makes me an old guy, I'm 58) I had the first year of the Honda Interceptor 750 and most recently an SV650 and a V-Strom 650 with a sidecar, still have that one. Since when is a machine that does 0 to 60 in well under 4 seconds a slow old guy machine. The FJR is a full second faster 0-60 than a brand new corvette.

Kent

OK - I'm a little puzzled by the perception that the FJR is an old guy's bike. This is the biggest displacement bike I've owned since the Kawasaki 1000 with a Vetter Windjammer I installed myself in the early 70s ( I guess that makes me an old guy, I'm 58) I had the first year of the Honda Interceptor 750 and most recently an SV650 and a V-Strom 650 with a sidecar, still have that one. Since when is a machine that does 0 to 60 in well under 4 seconds a slow old guy machine. The FJR is a full second faster 0-60 than a brand new corvette. Kent
Old guy's car. Jes sayin'.

"I still know I will buy an FJR one day, just not yet. It is just such a great machine and fills a spot on the sport-touring spectrum that no other bike does.

But like I said, I'm still going to stick around here now and again checking in."

Ummm. That's okay, no need to check in again. (FJRForum dodges bullet for a few years.) Many of us will soon pass on and you can pretty much rule the regular commentary. (ASSuming such boards exist in the year 2525.)

Seriously, enjoyed your perspective, while it lasted. (As he departs, average FJR owner age rises by .03595 years. Sigh..........); Oh, wait, it never went down as originally posted in the thread topic, cause he never bought in. Nevemind.

:assassin:

Seriously, seriously, enjoy the Triumph. So many sweet rides out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thanks man. Much appreciated. I'll still be on this forum though I think. I'm on several forums. I stay on the ones with the great people. This one seems to have made the list. I'll be hovering around the background if anyone needs me.

:D

But I'm sure you'll notice me posting here and there. I am a professional spammer. :p

OK - I'm a little puzzled by the perception that the FJR is an old guy's bike. This is the biggest displacement bike I've owned since the Kawasaki 1000 with a Vetter Windjammer I installed myself in the early 70s ( I guess that makes me an old guy, I'm 58) I had the first year of the Honda Interceptor 750 and most recently an SV650 and a V-Strom 650 with a sidecar, still have that one. Since when is a machine that does 0 to 60 in well under 4 seconds a slow old guy machine. The FJR is a full second faster 0-60 than a brand new corvette. Kent
Older doesn't mean slower. Look at the rocket 3 touring machine. It's like 39 million cc's or something ludicrous. I'm sure it pulls like a hundred raging elephants. But the people I know or know of that ride them tend to be in the older bracket.

Older in the sense of the typical FJR rider means someone more matured as a rider and looking to maximize the comfort and man-in-saddle nature of the ride without giving up a spirited pace and sporty machine.

Least thats how I see it. I'm sure there are other views.

But just a bit of insight into the FJR (I'm sure everyone here needs more :p ):

I test rode a ducati st4s and was not impressed by it (except for the ridiculous hotness of the sounds, sights, and flavour of it). Was talking to guy at dealership and he conceded that if given a choice, most the people who worked there would tour on an FJR. Most the staff there were under 30 it seemed.

Last edited by a moderator: