CaFO Exploratory Thread:

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The ride-in lunch at Avila is the next weekend, Saturday, October 6, organized by Mr. Blue. This is "let's meet here for lunch" gathering, although some will surely ride somewhere together that afternoon on the way home."

Terri and I plan on doing this one for sure on the 6th, I even booked a room at the Orchid Inn, San Simeon ,for Saturday night. We plan to ride up Hwy 1 and meet up with friends in Half Moon Bay on Sunday.

Then If I can get our house guests to the airport early on the 27th we will head down for the CaFO Bash also.

"The ride-in lunch at Avila is the next weekend, Saturday, October 6, organized by Mr. Blue. This is "let's meet here for lunch" gathering, although some will surely ride somewhere together that afternoon on the way home."
Terri and I plan on doing this one for sure on the 6th, I even booked a room at the Orchid Inn, San Simeon ,for Saturday night. We plan to ride up Hwy 1 and meet up with friends in Half Moon Bay on Sunday.

Then If I can get our house guests to the airport early on the 27th we will head down for the CaFO Bash also.
Hycle, what in the hell are you talking about????? :blink: I think you're movie is playing in the next theater over. Put Terri on the line....

So now we have two rides, one Oct 6, 07 meet and greet and ride two Oct 26-28, 07 the CaFo ride
I guess I missed the Forum rule that says Only One Planned Ride Per Month.... :blink:
Gunny +1

The problem is usually that there are no or few planned rides in CA. I'd rather have the problem of having too many and being unable to make all of them than be sitting around twiddling my thumbs for months on end wondering when the hooligans were going to be coming out to play again...

To recap...

Twowheelnut had a ride-in lunch at Pinks in Hollywood on September 9th.

There is no planned ride this weekend, but several forum members went on a dual-sport excursion.

There is no planned ride for the weekend of 9/21, but there are awesome air races going on Saturday down here in San Diego (www.redbullairraces.com)

The "33" ride is two weeks from now, Sunday, Sept 29, organized by Barabus. This is simply a "meet-up and let's ride".

The ride-in lunch at Avila is the next weekend, Saturday, October 6, organized by Mr. Blue. This is "let's meet here for lunch" gathering, although some will surely ride somewhere together that afternoon on the way home.

There is no planned ride for the weekend of 10/13

The SPANK rally begins Thursday, October 18 and concludes Saturday, October 20, down in Escondido, organized by beeroux.

The CaFO gathering, as planned in this thread, is the weekend of Friday, October 26 through Sunday, October 28, organized by the magnanimous James Burleigh.

This concludes your Sept - October Cali activity overview. ;) We now return you to your sedentary web surfing.
If I quote the whole thing will it make more sense? Maybe not, but I was trying to quote part of Rayban's Recap of upcoming events then tie that into WTF I was thinking at the time.

Put simply I plan on riding as much as possible even though our 10 yr wedding aniversary is Oct. 10, sister inlaw here for a week on Oct. 20, Daughters birthday on Nov.2, My bday Nov5, other daughter bday on Nov. 10, Terri's Bday on Nov 20, my suprise 50th bday party on Nov.17 and then Thanksgiving.

Any way I hope to see you for CaFO and thanks for getting it started.

Clear as mud now?

And my new tires ride nice too.

so, who has the running list of those that are definitely going? JB, can you post and maintain that list in the first message?

Ok if this is the start of the official list I will be one of the ones that will be attending and of course following that J B guy around.

List of those that are going : 1-- Weekend rider Woodland Ca, leaving friday morning the 26th early 6-7 am

List of those that are going : 1-- Weekend rider Woodland Ca, leaving friday morning the 26th early 6-7 am
I am out!

My daughter has adopted a "plan" for the weekend of October 6th = a surprise party for my wife. Sorry, I gotta DO the family thang!

All o' yall be careful!

See you down the road! :cowboy:

Ok if this is the start of the official list I will be one of the ones that will be attending and of course following that J B guy around.
W.R., what's with all the early mornings? I don't do early mornings. It's a three-hour ride. We'll get Thurston and Lovey and Ginger and MaryAnn and the Skipper and Gilligan.

Let's leave at 1PM. We'll meet for lunch, then ride for an hour and stop. Then ride for another 20 minutes or so, then stop again a la CBA bylaws.

so, who has the running list of those that are definitely going? JB, can you post and maintain that list in the first message?
I was kinda waiting for a critical mass to develop and the thread to settle down. Not sure we've completed the Office of General Counsel review of the forum rules to see if we're violating how many rides we can have in a month, or whether this is in fact a different ride that's already been posted. Are we sure this isn't Highlander's ride? We could be in another existential dilemma here.

<<C L I P>>---------------------------------------

UPDATE

Dates: Friday through Sunday, October 26 - 28, and any portion thereof (can do one or two nights).

Location: San Luis Obispo, California (not the one in Michigan). I checked, and there are a lot of cheap motels for you cheapskates.

Itinerary (Preliminary):

Friday Evening: Arrivals for some. Dinner, drinks, group hug.

Saturday Morning: Breakfast. Group ride for Friday and early Saturday arrivals. Back to SLO for lunch.

Saturday Afternoon: Afternoon ride for Saturday late-morning arrivers.

Saturday Evening: Dinner, drinks, group hug (no balloon condom contests or the whole deal's off <_< ).

Sunday Morning: Breakfast; groups heading to different compass points define their day's ride home.

Sunday Evening: Post pics to the FJR Forum, because if you didn't take a picture it didn't happen. :no:

Homework Assignments:

• I need someone to plan local rides.
  • Anyone want to take on motel duty?
JbP.S. This ain't WFO, so we don't need to overplan.... :blink:
I get it now, this is not the thread for any of the other many rides I want to go on this month. This grand event is Oct. 26.27,28, in the year 2007. Some people want to go but can't, some people don't want to go but could, some people will go no matter what and some people won't. So I guess I will see some people when I get there and not see some people at at the same time. So I figure I can see some of the people some of the time, but not some of the people all of the time.

Wouldn't you agree JB?

I plan to show up Saturday afternoon (probably solo), as I don't get off work until Saturday morning.

I get it now, this is not the thread for any of the other many rides I want to go on this month. This grand event is Oct. 26.27,28, in the year 2007. Some people want to go but can't, some people don't want to go but could, some people will go no matter what and some people won't. So I guess I will see some people when I get there and not see some people at at the same time. So I figure I can see some of the people some of the time, but not some of the people all of the time.Wouldn't you agree JB?
:blink:

I get it now, this is not the thread for any of the other many rides I want to go on this month. This grand event is Oct. 26.27,28, in the year 2007. Some people want to go but can't, some people don't want to go but could, some people will go no matter what and some people won't. So I guess I will see some people when I get there and not see some people at at the same time. So I figure I can see some of the people some of the time, but not some of the people all of the time.Wouldn't you agree JB?
:blink:
Sorry, forgot to take my meds.

I must admit, I do like to start my rides early in the morning as that is the best part of the day for me.

I always have been an early riser, could this be a bad habit from snow skiing? I was always the first one up and had the fire stoked, coffee made and breakfast cooking, just a bad habit I guess.

It takes me longer than 3 hours to get to SLO from Woodland

Let this ride play out and and I still am in no matter who puts it on.

Many thanks to whon ever claims to be the author of the ride

Just need all the info on motels and ride meet points

I am out!
My daughter has adopted a "plan" for the weekend of October 6th = a surprise party for my wife. Sorry, I gotta DO the family thang!

All o' yall be careful!

See you down the road! :cowboy:
Doh! I just realized that I posted this in the wrong thread. I just don't read this thing daily. I would rather live my life in the out of doors. This post should be here Avila Beach Meet

I'll see those that muster for the Lake Hughes ride later this month on September 29th at Frazier Park. Boy, can I get confused :blink: when there's so many rides all in my neighborhood at the busiest time of my year? Cannot ride in October or most of November. Hope I didn't cause any pain? :unsure:

Hey, can you guys get this stuff on the forum calender? My head's about to explode cuz I'm still working on July 2008! :blink: