CFR Attendees Gone WILD!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The great thing about DLSR's is that they can capture moments like this.

Our Busta' in full swing, enough said

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01647.jpg

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics from the ride to Parc de la Maurice.

By the way I suggest you stay away from the parc today, we traumatized 3 park rangers as we pegged out the radar detectors

DSC01707.jpg

DSC01709.jpg

DSC01692.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

DSC01704.jpg

DSC01689.jpg

DSC01690.jpg

Chris

A few more from the rally

Rally Parking & Barbq

DSC01667.jpg

Dawn day 1

DSC01683.jpg

Rally Parking & Barbq

DSC01684.jpg

Rally Room getting set up for breakfast

DSC01686.jpg

FJRob1300

DSC01678.jpg

Chris

Pics from the ride to Parc de la Maurice.
By the way I suggest you stay away from the parc today, we traumatized 3 park rangers as we pegged out the radar detectors

DSC01701.jpg

Chris

Holly crap - who let that V-Strom in the group?? It looks like that Beotch is flying! :rolleyes:

Nice picture though.

V.

Beautiful scenery there. Have fun, stay safe and watch for critters... wish I could have joined y'all.

...and keep the pics coming for all us arm chair attendees!

--G

Oh Canada, we don't want to leave you! 7am and Seth and I're packing up our Miss Lucy Liu for the return trip to Estados Unidos, we're going to miss Canuckistan and its wonderful people. This CFR at Mont-Tremblant was incredible, just like CFR in Nakusp was. 4 frivolity filled days with great FJR Forum Folk. So fantastic to get to meet the individuals in person that have become your friends on this site; everybody was fun, interesting and exceptional human beings. Enjoyed the riding, the laughter, the drinking and the hearty camaraderie. Oh Canada, Thank You!! And Bust, I Love You Too! Chuy

Well as we pack up for another ride home I say "so long, ride safe and we'll catch you out on the highway". :clapping:

I think we got some more good pictures, so I'll try to post some tonight when we get to ... to ... well, whereever we wind up tonight.

Weather's a wee bit wet, so everyone be safe out there.

My apologies to anyone at the banquet last night who Bust, MizzBust and I distracted. We had one of those "ya had to be there" moments. It lasted till about midnight. 'Though, I was still laughing this morning.

Pucking pfunny that is right here....

(And lots of pics of the surrounding countryside would be cool, too.)
Jay-zus... What the hell IS it with you needy left-coasters, anyway?

Alright, here we go. Sooze and I are holed up for the night in Burlington, VT, and I've got more pics ready to share...

One of the lakes in the area.

DSC07489.jpg

These are from our day ride on Tuesday.

DSC07512.jpg

We got a good laugh - when we stopped at this little gas station / service station, there was a dead bird lying under the canopy (no pics) and a couple of big doggies ambling around.

DSC07519.jpg

DSC07520.jpg

We had a pretty good time on our ride, riding our own pace. Which meshed nicely with the pace Ray and Bill were riding.

DSC07524.jpg

DSC07530.jpg

DSC07537.jpg

The place we stopped at for lunch. Sooze was curious what the name of this place means, since we saw many other places with the same name. She was told (dunno who told her) that it loosely translates to French fries. Hell if I know - English is enough of a challenge for me.

DSC07549.jpg

DSC07562.jpg

Continuing...

DSC07566.jpg

That is one fine name for a path (had to figure out what the abbreviation referred to), but, similar to Goose in Top Gun ("No, no - guys - there's TWO O's in Goose. Two."), they added an extra 'S' here. Weirdos.

DSC07567.jpg

Rolling, rolling, rolling...

DSC07568.jpg

Gas stop / butt break / coffee break / smoke break / pee break - you really CAN do it ALL at CFR! Yzerman19 and BG.

DSC07569.jpg

This Tim Hortons where we stopped had several people milling about (AKA loitering) including several other bikes (coupla Harleys, Ninja 250, maybe something else) and this guy rolled in. Our conversations stopped and were immedialy forgotten - if you look close at this bike, it's covered in AstroTurf / indoor-outdoor carpet! The finishing touch, though, is on the back of the bike just behind the pillion seat - this dude mounted a toy John Deer tractor. Get it? It's mowing the grass!

DSC07570.jpg

Moving along.

DSC07582.jpg

Yzerman19 had found some terrific roads - there is an area which will eventually be residential, but for now it's just some hilly, curvy roads in fantastic condition. Perfect for some FJR guys to play on for a little while, ya know?

DSC07583.jpg

Continuing...

Me getting a slideshow setup to show off Yamafitter's photography skillz.

DSC07585.jpg

Well, well, well... Captain "Altitude Sickness" seems to be up and around. Finally. Dork.

DSC07586.jpg

There were some guest celebrities who stopped in to say hi. Left to right: Helen (AKA Mrs. Ionbeam), Alan (Ionbeam), and, uh, well, me again.

DSC07588.jpg

BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS. Left to right: me again (sorry), Dave (FastJoyRide), Sheila (MizzBust), Bust and Don (BeemerDonS).

DSC07589.jpg

Geezer (Greg), Alan (Ionbeam), and Diana. Can't tell who is on the other side of Diana.

DSC07594.jpg

Using the map on the back of the CFR rally shirt to ... uh ... hell if I can remember what they were doing.

DSC07601.jpg

Now for Wednesday, 6/23/2010, or 23/6/2010 or 2010/23/6 of how the hell ever other people do their dates.

Our view in the morning. It was kinda cloudy and overcast.

DSC07604.jpg

Me adding pictures to this thread.

DSC07605.jpg

Today it was just us and Yzerman19 for a lil' ride.

DSC07606.jpg

Same lake as yesterday, but the clouds make it look a bit different, eh?

DSC07612.jpg

DSC07613.jpg

The Village. We'll stop back here this afternoon.

DSC07617.jpg

DSC07620.jpg

DSC07627.jpg

DSC07630.jpg

Covered bridge, Canadian-style.

DSC07633.jpg

We stopped at this little cafe for a butt break / pee break / smoke break / coffee break. It was nice just sitting on the porch / patio shooting the breeze with Yzerman19. (How the hell many people around here know George Catt, anyway??)

DSC07635.jpg

DSC07639.jpg

DSC07640.jpg

Heading to the village...

DSC07646.jpg

Heading to the village, another bike pulled in - Bungie and Christy joined us.

Left to right - me again (deal with it), Yzerman19, Bungie and Christy.

DSC07647.jpg

This visit happened to be very timely: we had to pay a few bucks to park which gave us a time stamp. While we were walking around, Sooze and I felt the ground rumble and asked each other, "What the hell was THAT?!?" Turns out it was the earthquake that hit at 1:41 local time. The time stamp on our parking stub thingy was 1:33 local.

Me and Sooze. You WISH you could look this good!

DSC07648.jpg

It did take a group effort to figure out the parking payment machine thingy. We got 'r done, though. Eventually.

DSC07649.jpg

Now some pictures of the village. Kinda touristy, lots of shops selling crap you can't live without, restaurants, etc... You probably know an area very similar.

DSC07651.jpg

DSC07652.jpg

I wouldn't mind coming up for that Blues Festival, but we've got another trip planned for when the festival is scheduled.

DSC07654.jpg

The ski lift gondolas were running.

DSC07658.jpg

Bungie is a fellow geek.

DSC07661.jpg

In case ya couldn't tell, the skies had cleared and it was a nice warm afternoon.

DSC07662.jpg

And now for Wednesday night's festivities.

Be afraid.

Be VERY afraid.

Still here?

OK. You were warned.

Now, according to Bust, someone out there has ponied up a bounty of something like $50 for pictures of Bust mooning the camera. Old Michael - I think he said it was you. Pay up, bitch.

DSC07663.jpg

Pre-gaming before the festivities.

Me and Bust, post-moon.

DSC07665.jpg

Chris and Diana. They were telling stories from their ride to Alaska. Good stuff!

IMG_3074.jpg

Pam (Mrs. Huron52) and Don (BeemerDonS).

IMG_3075.jpg

Sooze, a beer, and Sheila (MizzBust).

IMG_3076.jpg

Tom (Huron52) and Dave (FastJoyRide).

IMG_3077.jpg

Bust was having, uh, "issues."

IMG_3080.jpg

I offer no explanation.

IMG_3081.jpg

Let the cat herding begin! (AKA - get the bikes lined up for the obligatory group picture.)

DSC07667.jpg

Our rally master Chris. Riding Diana's bike to the rally.

IMG_3084.jpg

When we were at EOM '08, either Sooze or I got a cool picture while all the bikes were lining up. Been trying to get something similar ever since.

IMG_3085.jpg

One of my favorite things about owning an FJR? Beer capacity to spare!

IMG_3088.jpg

Bungie hates me. I had Christy hop on my bike to check out the pillion comforts of a Russell Day-Long. That's Charlie Hoss looking on at the goings-on.

DSC07669.jpg

Look! It's the five Stooges!

DSC07670.jpg

AND Larry, Darryl and Darryl!

IMG_3089.jpg

Do NOT try this at home. FJRGuy is a trained professional. Unfortunately, he forgot his stripper high-heels and brass pole, so he had to improvise. There are some things ya just can't un-see.

IMG_3090.jpg

Lots of cameras taking group pictures. If FJR rally protocols continue, there will be a thread just for the group pic.

IMG_3091.jpg

BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS...

DSC07673.jpg

Tom (Huron52) and me. You WISH you could make that shirt work like I do.

DSC07674.jpg

The parking area for the BBQ & group pic was a sandy-gravel mix, so there were times where our big, happy family (that puts the 'fun' in dysfunctional at times) pitched in to help out fellow riders.

DSC07675.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

BeemerDonS and Seth. It was really terrific to meet these two.

IMG_3095.jpg

I had a good laugh after I took this - it kinda looks like Dave (FastJoyRide) is feeding Sylvia a beer.

IMG_3096.jpg

There's kind of a hear no / see no / speak no evil vibe to this pic, ya know? Other than it's out of focus.

IMG_3099.jpg

'That' guy. There's one in every crowd.

DSC07677.jpg

DSC07678.jpg

Charlie - care to chime in here? I got nothin'.

DSC07679.jpg

Instead of BustaNUT joker, he's talking about changing over to BustaNIP joker. Dork.

DSC07687.jpg

Um, uh, yeah.

DSC07690.jpg

And a group shot of the ladies.

Diana, SoozeBG, Shelia (MizzBust), Mary Ellen (MEM), and Pam (Mrs. Huron52).

DSC07693.jpg

More to come of the banquet and our exit from the rally.

Just got back home about an hour ago and just wanted to take the opportunity to thank Chris and the rest of the gang for the great fun at Tremblant.

I will start working on my ride report tomorrow when I am awake enough to see the keyboard but I'll leave you with a photo of Tremblant as a teaser.

912619910_e7nra-L.jpg